The WWE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have not watched Wrestling for years, but the Rock coming back I had to watch, and it was like old times. Seeing him rip into Cena and the PG rating was awesome, he's the main reason a lot of old school fans like myself left.
The thing is I am sure he's come back for the Hall of Fame and to promote Fast 5, once he's done doing that he will gone again.

I have also noticed that the ever growing list of wrestlers dying early has continued to grow during 2010

I been following wrestling since the age of 2 (or so that is what my family says) and while the there have been some lackluster years in the last decade, the last couple years I've actually enjoyed. The HBK/Taker stuff was phenomenal, as was Jericho's last run and I've become a huge fan of CM Punk since his debut in "ECW". While I don't care for Cena, thankfully Orton has come along as a breakout superstar.

Still nothing compares to The Rock.

......except "Stone Cold".

I was just ecstatic to see the Rock last night. We never really got a significant bridge between the Attitude Era and the PG Era. He was pure gold on the mic and has made the WWE much more relevant than it was a week ago.

You should check out a replay if you get a chance. If you have cable TV, see if you have the Universal Channel. They re-play Raw multiples times on Saturday nights.

How do you guys feel about The Miz? He cheats just to keep his WWE title. Just watch all of his title-defense matches against Randy Orton.. Ugh! What a chicken-____! :lol

I want John Morrison to make a run at the WWE title if the "script" would allow it. Still reeling from his awesome move to avoid elimination last Rumble '11:

Carrierlp-royal-rumble-2011-9825-2.jpg

How do you guys feel about The Miz?

I like him. Actually met him a couple weeks ago. Nice guy and very well spoken. He works very hard for the company and deserves his main event spot. It's something that I never would've said only 2 years ago.

As far as Morrison, the guy is fantastic in the ring. I agree with Jim Ross that he just needs to connect with the audience better, it's only a matter of time before he takes the next step into the WWE Title picture.

Morrison seems too aloof, and doesn't have the charisma. He's had his chances, and has never really "grabbed that brass ring" as Flair used to say.

I'm also surprised that Miz has progressed so much. I used to hate the guy, but now I very much respect what he's able to do.

Of course, the juicing didn't hurt. Without that, neither he, nor Guerrero, nor Mysterio would have ever had a shot of being a legitimate champ sadly.

I'm also surprised that Miz has progressed so much. I used to hate the guy, but now I very much respect what he's able to do.

Of course, the juicing didn't hurt. Without that, neither he, nor Guerrero, nor Mysterio would have ever had a shot of being a legitimate champ sadly.

I can't say anything about Guerrero or Mysterio, but I can honestly sit here and tell you that Miz isn't juicing. Actually, I think you'd be surprised to see how well these guys take care of themselves (even working through injuries and sickness). The new crop of wrestlers aren't like the guys we saw as kids, tearing it up in bars night after night all night long. Most of them have a strict dietary & exercise regimen and go to sleep early.

Rey Mysterio alone, I think, is not juicing.. He is very athletic, he worked on all those moves. Such excellence can only be gained from long hours in the gym, both weights and sparring. :clap The shortest wrestler to ever win a WWE Title, and the Royal Rumble!

Morrison seems too aloof, and doesn't have the charisma. He's had his chances, and has never really "grabbed that brass ring" as Flair used to say.

I really like the Miz for some reason. At first, I didn't, but he has REALLY grown on me. I was in the crowd at RAW the night he won the belt from Orton after cashing in the Money in the Bank case, screaming my head off. I got a lot of dirty looks that night. :rotfl

With all of that said though, I want Lawler to take home a win come the Elimination Chamber PPV.

If you fellas think a guy can get that size purely through hard work then that's your prerogative, but I just can't believe it. Despite all the innovations in nutrition and training, human beings just aren't made to look like that. It is unnatural.

No one is doubting those guys have strict diets and workout regimens. But that's just not enough to do that IMO. Look at Triple H when he first started vs. how he looked in the early 2000s. Did he just start eating better and having a better workout routine? The high incidence of heart failure for wrestlers is not a fluke, and there are numerous biographical (and autobiographical) accounts of wrestlers that describe the pervasive influence of steroids on the business. I do blame McMahon for pushing the Bobby Lashley's of the world and reinforcing the problem. He's culpable, IMO.

As for Mysterio, he was more athletic back when he could actually bend his arms and legs all the way in the 1990s, IMO.

You should check out a replay if you get a chance. If you have cable TV, see if you have the Universal Channel. They re-play Raw multiples times on Saturday nights.

I'll definitely check it out.

How do you guys feel about The Miz? He cheats just to keep his WWE title. Just watch all of his title-defense matches against Randy Orton.. Ugh! What a chicken-____! :lol

I want John Morrison to make a run at the WWE title if the "script" would allow it. Still reeling from his awesome move to avoid elimination last Rumble '11:

Carrierlp-royal-rumble-2011-9825-2.jpg

I really like the Miz. He reminds me of Jericho or Guerrero in that he's not a big man but he gives the script writers someone to be creative with as far as match finishes are concerned. I also love a heal that miraculously holds onto the title. Remember the King Booker era? Just as an example I loved that gimmick. He was funny, annoyed the faces and found ways to stay on top. It's a lot of fun for the viewer.

Heal Shawn Michaels had a bit of that going for him too.

Rey Mysterio alone, I think, is not juicing.. He is very athletic, he worked on all those moves. Such excellence can only be gained from long hours in the gym, both weights and sparring. :clap The shortest wrestler to ever win a WWE Title, and the Royal Rumble!

Mysterio has been suspended for roids in the past, I'm pretty sure.

I think Bryan will be involved in the MiTB if thats still on the card due to the PPV of the same name, The suprise with the Rock was so much better because no new site or insider sheets knew anything about it untill it happened. Information is so accessable its easy to be spoiled beforwe the event, this marks the first genuine one in a long time for me and congratulations to the WWE for pulling it off.

Almost all of the news sites were saying the Rock would make an appearance last night since RAW was in Anaheim.....the last time The Rock showed up on RAW it was in Anaheim.

The Rock even posted on Twitter yesterday pretty much telling everyone to tune in.

Last edited:
If you fellas think a guy can get that size purely through hard work then that's your prerogative, but I just can't believe it. Despite all the innovations in nutrition and training, human beings just aren't made to look like that. It is unnatural.

No one is doubting those guys have strict diets and workout regimens. But that's just not enough to do that IMO. Look at Triple H when he first started vs. how he looked in the early 2000s. Did he just start eating better and having a better workout routine? The high incidence of heart failure for wrestlers is not a fluke, and there are numerous biographical (and autobiographical) accounts of wrestlers that describe the pervasive influence of steroids on the business. I do blame McMahon for pushing the Bobby Lashley's of the world and reinforcing the problem. He's culpable, IMO.

As for Mysterio, he was more athletic back when he could actually bend his arms and legs all the way in the 1990s, IMO.

I'm talking about the Miz though. I'm trying to find out what is so unnatural about him that makes you think he is on steroids.

Back