The WWE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Ted DiBiase jr had been handeled well or different from the start (i think Legacy was huge disapointment, it had so much wasted potential) i would of liked him to take the streak, it would give him just the right edge to place him outside of 'just another 3rd generation' and give him a legacy in his own right. However since he is mostly a mid-card flounderer i would love to see Daniel Bryan or even Wade Barrett given the task, a more established superstar like CM Punk would also do well with the acolade since i think he is the best worker in the WWE for a long time his heel run second to none even beating Jericho's last heel run which was fantastic for a while.

After watching him for a while DiBiase Jr. is bland as vanilla ice cream. The apple fell far from the tree on this one. Maybe his brother Brett will be better if he makes the big roster.

I don't know if there is anyone who stands out right now as the streak breaker. I would guess someone established will eventually do the deed from the Cena, Orton, Punk area of the roster.

If Takers streak doesn't end this year, the WWE will just give him the 20 - 0 and have him go out like that.

But if they do end the streak, I hope HBK doen't have a role in it.

I agree. Cena is actually quite good at what he does (which mostly is talk). But I wouldn't say that a guy is only as good as his material. You've got to have the look, and you've got to have charisma, or you aren't gonna get very far in Vince's world. Ric Flair could have read a McDonald's menu and had the fans on the edge of their seats. Owen Hart could have been given the greatest storylines and scripts in the history of wrestling and still wouldn't have been very good at the mike.

Wow totally disagree, Owen Hart was awesome on the mike, and made a fantastic heel. Plus he was a great wrestler.
The reason he never made Champ was because he was around during the golden age that was the Attitude era.

Ever since the Rock came back if been youtubing all the old stuff like crazy.
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dh2rTHFaT1g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Great stuff :rock

If Takers streak doesn't end this year, the WWE will just give him the 20 - 0 and have him go out like that.

But if they do end the streak, I hope HBK doen't have a role in it.

My personal guess is Taker will go 20-0 and retire. I did read in an interview some time ago though where Taker said if anyone ends his streak, he would want it to be HHH.

Ever since the Rock came back if been youtubing all the old stuff like crazy.
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dh2rTHFaT1g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Great stuff :rock

One of my all time fav promos.....
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5ZPOq90fZRI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My personal guess is Taker will go 20-0 and retire. I did read in an interview some time ago though where Taker said if anyone ends his streak, he would want it to be HHH.

How would you like to see Taker retire? i think a long goodbye promo like HBK's or Flairs (WWE) one would be a little strange from his character and i cant see him breaking it after all this time, i always imagined him losing a retirement match posing with his usual poses while the audience appluades then he lays his hat in the centre of the ring (Is it not tradition for a wrestler to leave his boots in the ring on a retirement match? heard that on an Angle/Jarrett match) then the signiture gong hits as he walks out does his arm raise and leaves as the cam then stays static on his hat in the ring before ending the show.

How would you like to see Taker retire? i think a long goodbye promo like HBK's or Flairs (WWE) one would be a little strange from his character and i cant see him breaking it after all this time, i always imagined him losing a retirement match posing with his usual poses while the audience appluades then he lays his hat in the centre of the ring (Is it not tradition for a wrestler to leave his boots in the ring on a retirement match? heard that on an Angle/Jarrett match) then the signiture gong hits as he walks out does his arm raise and leaves as the cam then stays static on his hat in the ring before ending the show.

HBK's departure last year at WM was a tear-jerker. It was nice to see the "show" put on hold for a second so that the fans could see just how much he really loved that job and his fans. (Not that it wasn't obvious already though.) HBK is nothing but a class-act in my book. That match will always be a memorable one for me, for the years to come.

we need GOLDBERG back!!!!

Gillberg.jpg

:nana:
:wave

Wow totally disagree, Owen Hart was awesome on the mike, and made a fantastic heel. Plus he was a great wrestler.
The reason he never made Champ was because he was around during the golden age that was the Attitude era.
Hey, I'm an Owen fan. He was my favorite wrestler during the mid-late 1990s. But on the mike? He sucked! :D

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/voa2sXaKqk4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

When Taker does retire, it will be interesting to see what happens. Like I said it's my personall opinion he'll go 20-0 but I could be wrong. I've heard rumors he may retire this year but again, they're just rumors.

I watched back through the Hell in the Cell dvd the other day and watched the Cactus Jack vs HHH 2000 NWO match in which the stipulation was Foley retired, he lost obviously and went out like a champ only to reappear 6 weeks later in the main event of WM2000 :lol

I suppose any sports man must find it hard to step out of the game, especially since their careers wind down at an early age i find it slightly embarassing however when some stars dont know when to call it quits and keep coming back, sure its great to see yesterdays heros again but they tarnish their own legacys sometimes with performances far below what we remember them for.

Owen wasnt that great on the mic but neither was Bret but they were both extremley gifted in ability which helped the balance. The Rock is an amazing man on the stick but his wrestling ability is not that great but balanced and hidden well with supreme almost unmatched charisma, still i love the way he sells the stone cold stunner.

Owen wasnt that great on the mic but neither was Bret but they were both extremley gifted in ability which helped the balance. The Rock is an amazing man on the stick but his wrestling ability is not that great but balanced and hidden well with supreme almost unmatched charisma, still i love the way he sells the stone cold stunner.
Agreed on all points. :hi5:

Rock's got nothing on McMahon's reaction to the Stunner, though :D

Hey, I'm an Owen fan. He was my favorite wrestler during the mid-late 1990s. But on the mike? He sucked! :D

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/voa2sXaKqk4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I loved when he was on the mike even when he messed up his lines.
Actually I remember that moment so well, I even remember when he messed up his lines before the match

Check out 5.48 in the video. LOL

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4ms3RYZ5ivM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He made me laugh even when he was a heel, and I even wanted him to win against Bret at Wrestlemania, which to my shock he did.

Last edited:
Back