The Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sat beside a family that had about 5 kids and the one beside me had to be all of 4. There were a bunch of kids in there. I would've never taken a 4 year old girl to see that.

More than that, I would never take a sentient lifeform to Grown Ups 2. In fact I'd probably have to rope off the area with caution tape.

There's nothing wrong with Jackman's portrayal of Wolverine. He's got to work with what they give him.

Not in my eyes.

I sat beside a family that had about 5 kids and the one beside me had to be all of 4. There were a bunch of kids in there. I would've never taken a 4 year old girl to see that.

I didn't see any.

I didn't say he was terrible, just that I wasn't entirely sold, geez.

Plus I'm sure they could have found a short guy who's better and fits the character better, and about muscle, that's an easy fix, did you even see Wolverine in the 1st Xmen? He wasn't even slightly ripped.

If they ever do a reboot, they need to cast a real bastard tough guy for the role. Someone who really pisses off his costars but who knows how to act. Kinda like a cross between Sean Penn and Daniel Day-Lewis. You want to watch just to see him start **** up.

If they ever do a reboot, they need to cast a real bastard tough guy for the role. Someone who really pisses off his costars but who knows how to act. Kinda like a cross between Sean Penn and Daniel Day-Lewis. You want to watch just to see him start **** up.

:exactly: Thank you!

And that's an interesting combination :lol if only we could genetically breed actors.

:exactly: Thank you!

And that's an interesting combination :lol if only we could genetically breed actors.

:lol

On top of that they'd be miserable for being eternally typecast.

Damn that Hugh! Too friendly and likeable. Solid actor. I really hate to see these projects miss the mark for him.

I must can't wrap my head around the height thing.

If people can not be concerned with a non-caucaucasion Nick Fury, a non-Blonde Steve Rogers & a non-bald Charles Xavier then why does height matter for Logan :cuckoo:

It's not even about the height entirely, someone just automatically assumed that was my only gripe about Jackman :slap

Also, the fact that they take liberties with some characters doesn't mean I have to accept that they do it with every single character.

If people can not be concerned with a non-caucaucasion Nick Fury, a non-Blonde Steve Rogers & a non-bald Charles Xavier then why does height matter for Logan :cuckoo:

Non-bald Prof is annoying, but they also got alot right. I've always hated the "Catman" beast look too but overall I could forgive it. With Nick Fury, I've got to admit I never really cared about that character. I'm annoyed by racelifting in general but Sam L is an above average actor even when he phones it in. I know I'm not the only one who thinks this or that could have been done differently.

As far as Logan's height, I kinda thought we were past that after the first X-Men. I was thankful he wasn't a ******* punchline! Now that the prospect of Jackman not being able to look 35-45 forever rears its ugly head, I don't know how easy it will be to find someone as competent as he is to come in and take over. Like Gaspar said, I don't think height is really a problem people have with Jackman. If anything I think he helped put those concerns to rest.

Besides, alot of artists drew Wolvie impossibly large for his height. Jim Lee in particular had alot of strategic cut-offs at the waist to hide the fact he was being depicted with the same proportions while simply being placed lower on the page than the others.

I've always considered Wolvie's height (or lack thereof) to be one of his defining characteristics. His name even plays on that. A Wolverine is a small animal that's so ferocious, it's been known to chase much larger animals like bears up trees. That's what made him so cool to me, he wasn't the conventional tall, good looking superhero.

Maybe I've been too harsh on Jackman, he is a great actor and his Wolverine is very good, just, as a Wolverine fan, obviously I'm always eager to see a crazy *** berserk Wolverine :lol and I don't think I'll see that with him, but oh well, I have my beloved comics.

Maybe I've been too harsh on Jackman, he is a great actor and his Wolverine is very good, just, as a Wolverine fan, obviously I'm always eager to see a crazy *** berserk Wolverine :lol and I don't think I'll see that with him, but oh well, I have my beloved comics.

You played too much Marvel vs Capcom didn't you. :lol

Back