The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This show has always been good to me. Sure there were things I didn't care for, but that's in every series, but I honestly can't say that this show sucked ever.

Exactly. There may be a few bad moments here and there (the search for Sophia went on way too long) but overall this show has been a big win from day one.

This show has always been good to me. Sure there were things I didn't care for, but that's in every series, but I honestly can't say that this show sucked ever.

Well I guess what I mean is this show is getting intense and making me nervous. Which did not happen in season 2. or parts of season 3.
Making me nervous about who is going to die or what is going to happen next.
Making me wonder what kind of crazy things they have in store for us.

season 2 I was just along for the ride but didn't really care as much to what was going to happen next episode until the last episodes.

but these episodes now are making my head spin, which I love

Well I guess what I mean is this show is getting intense and making me nervous. Which did not happen in season 2. or parts of season 3.
Making me nervous about who is going to die or what is going to happen next.
Making me wonder what kind of crazy things they have in store for us.

season 2 I was just along for the ride but didn't really care as much to what was going to happen next episode until the last episodes.

but these episodes now are making my head spin, which I love

The show is never going to affect you like it did the first season. Here's my first reaction to it. Just remember I don't care for horror movies much.

I thought it was good, but for some reason it made me very uncomfortable. I'm not sure that's the word I wanted to use, but I seriously felt odd afterwards.

I was totally shocked by the shooting of the little girl at the beginning because I didn't expect to see that on regular tv.

I was totally shocked by the shooting of the little girl at the beginning because I didn't expect to see that on regular tv.

I was stunned when I saw that, probably one of the most shocking things I've seen in TV. Especially for a Pilot episode. But they can get away with it since it's not a "alive" girl.

Not sure why people are feeling that the zombies were a threat last episode. More like, the idiots who weren't paying attention to their numbers were the threat. And then when they finally go over there and kill the 8-10 that were on the fence, camera turns away, camera turns back and another 20 have randomly appeared. :lol

I was stunned when I saw that, probably one of the most shocking things I've seen in TV. Especially for a Pilot episode. But they can get away with it since it's not a "alive" girl.
Gosh, I remember watching this scene for the first time and then hearing the chilling music start to play as it went to the opening credits.

Season 1 truly was perfect.

Not sure why people are feeling that the zombies were a threat last episode. More like, the idiots who weren't paying attention to their numbers were the threat. And then when they finally go over there and kill the 8-10 that were on the fence, camera turns away, camera turns back and another 20 have randomly appeared. :lol

It wasn't just the zombies at the fences though. It was the fact that the group learnt the hard way that they have to be aware of people inside the prison dying of any other cause and turning into walkers. They all thought they were safe and as a result there was a zombie breakout inside their walls.

The show past season 1 would've been a lot better if they let him stay

Didn't they let him go because he wanted more money for the actors? I preferred the "world" that Darabont gave us in S1. I can only imagine how the show would of turned out if he was still running it to this day considering there hasn't been a consistent show runner.

I actually liked Darabont's idea of taking the zombie in the tank and showing his life during the outbreak up until Rick shoots him. To me that is the kind of backstory that makes a show great. I enjoy the show alot but I would have like to see his vision.

I actually liked Darabont's idea of taking the zombie in the tank and showing his life during the outbreak up until Rick shoots him. To me that is the kind of backstory that makes a show great. I enjoy the show alot but I would have like to see his vision.

Sorry, I'd take another half season of searching for Sophia over that crap. Back story of main characters = good. Backstory of random "set extras" = dumb.

That would be like Marvel deciding to take Avengers 2 in a new direction by redoing the attack on New York from the Schwarma guys PoV. It doesn't advance anything, it just rehashes.

It wasn't just the zombies at the fences though. It was the fact that the group learnt the hard way that they have to be aware of people inside the prison dying of any other cause and turning into walkers. They all thought they were safe and as a result there was a zombie breakout inside their walls.
Ah, yeah that's true. Seems like there are simple ways they could have avoided an incident like that though.

Another thing that bothered me about that is something that's been bothering me for a while now. The "walkers" fall to pieces so easily, limp around, yet have the strength of a bear. The fact that 5+ people died during that is laughable. I get that they have to make the walkers seem like a legitimate threat, but come on...

Sorry, I'd take another half season of searching for Sophia over that crap. Back story of main characters = good. Backstory of random "set extras" = dumb.

That would be like Marvel deciding to take Avengers 2 in a new direction by redoing the attack on New York from the Schwarma guys PoV. It doesn't advance anything, it just rehashes.
I don't like the idea of random walkers having backstories either, but I doubt that they would have actually gone through with that. Either way, I would definitely have preferred that if it meant the show would maintain the same quality as season 1. But now we're left with a fantastic season 1 and a "MEH" everything else.

I do think this season is off to a good start though.

The last half of season 2 was better than anything in season 1. The Nebraska episode was flat out great. The Shane situation coming to a head was fantastic too. Lori admitting the pregnancy to Rick. Rick's reaction. The herd attacking the farm.

Yeah, no. The series would've sucked wide-open, unwiped *** if all of a sudden it started focusing on the lives of random zombies pre-apocalypse. Glad he's gone.

Back