The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the premiere was today? Technically yesterday I suppose.

Can't say I'm that excited to start watching the show again, after the pointless POS that was season 3. Hopefully they'll give the characters more depth, make their incredibly stupid decisions more justified, and tone down the soap opera-esque drama queen moments.

Interesting to see who/what the main villain will be this season. I keep hearing rumors about these
Spoiler Spoiler:

Hope the Governor stays far away. Didn't find him to be intimidating or creepy whatsoever. Just whiny and pathetic.
The premiere is this Sunday.

Interesting to see who/what the main villain will be this season. I keep hearing rumors about these
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

The Governor will probably show himself later in the season.

No there isn't. And if you think there is, you're retarded. Also no. This isn't the worst show. It's just...an alright one. It's got good actors, good directors, good effects...but the lack of good writing and consistent show runner really hurt it. It fluctuates every season. The first half is good, the second half is bad, or the second half is good and the first half is bad...ect. But like I said. I've always been optimistic, despite feeling frustrated with the show. Maybe this dude can pull it off.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Your ignorance knows no bounds. As with most of your posts, you know not that of which you speak.

Season 3 was pretty solid until the finale which I did think was a pretty lame ending for a season. Curious to see what they do for season 4.

Season 3 was pretty solid until the finale which I did think was a pretty lame ending for a season. Curious to see what they do for season 4.

Pretty much agree with this. The finale was prety weak since they didn't resolve the Governor storyline. I really hope they go in a different direction from the comics in S4.

I think the closer the show got to the finale, the more filler there was. And yes, the finale was hideously bad.

Pretty much agree with this. The finale was prety weak since they didn't resolve the Governor storyline. I really hope they go in a different direction from the comics in S4.

Yeah, not wrapping up the Governor's storyline was a bit swing and a miss. You don't need him hanging around to keep the tension up just living in that world and showing it correctly would be enough.

Last edited:
Yeah, not wrapping up the Govenor's storyline was a bit swing and a miss. You don't need him hanging around to keep the tension up just living in that world and showing it correctly would be enough.

Kirkman trying to "fix" the comic for TV form is not working. It doesn't need to be accurate to the comic at all, but obviously in doing so it's not working. Governor doesn't need to be a reoccurring villain, it isn't like he's the only villain in the story.

I don't mind filler as long as the ending you get is a good one. They built up to a major fight and we got nothing basically.

Woodbury running away with their tail between the legs was so anti-climatic. I understand they're not soldiers but c'mon, all that season for that?

I really don't 100% think Mazzara was the problem. I have a feeling it is a mix between Kirkman and the AMC producers that are the problem.

Oh I don't blame him fully either, AMC probably wanted to have a villain sticking around for awhile so they can build on it I guess and Kirkman wanted to keep a fan favorite hanging around. In comic on the other hand it's a revolving door constantly more or less.

Kirkman trying to "fix" the comic for TV form is not working. It doesn't need to be accurate to the comic at all, but obviously in doing so it's not working. Governor doesn't need to be a reoccurring villain, it isn't like he's the only villain in the story.

Its about balance. Bring some of the cool aspects of the comics and create new ones within the show. I agree the Governor doesn't need to be the only bad guy. This is a world that's gone to crap and there should be plenty more like him out there.

Woodbury running away with their tail between the legs was so anti-climatic. I understand they're not soldiers but c'mon, all that season for that?

I agree.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Your ignorance knows no bounds. As with most of your posts, you know not that of which you speak.

I don't mind filler as long as the ending you get is a good one. They built up to a major fight and we got nothing basically.

I hated the last episode of season 3. All that build up, all those episodes building up to that battle...
So much talking about going to war, So much tension about the Governor attacking the Prison.

Glenn and Maggie wanting revenge, Daryl's brother gets killed...

and you are going to tell me that not only is Rick's group not trying to kill anyone in that group, but the Governor's group is going to run away like that???
Not only was it a bad episode, but it makes the second half of the season almost pointless.
Specially since they had so many reasons to kill the Governor, then they don't even try.

the thing I kept asking myself was "What, Rick's group doesn't think the Governor and his people are coming back? They think they scared them off for good?"

Merle did more when he shot all those guys, than what they did for the last episode.

I hated the last episode of season 3. All that build up, all those episodes building up to that battle...
So much talking about going to war, So much tension about the Governor attacking the Prison.

Glenn and Maggie wanting revenge, Daryl's brother gets killed...

and you are going to tell me that not only is Rick's group not trying to kill anyone in that group, but the Governor's group is going to run away like that???
Not only was it a bad episode, but it makes the second half of the season almost pointless.
Specially since they had so many reasons to kill the Governor, then they don't even try.

the thing I kept asking myself was "What, Rick's group doesn't think the Governor and his people are coming back? They think they scared them off for good?"

Merle did more when he shot all those guys, than what they did for the last episode.

He was the only good character in the entire season :lol

Its about balance. Bring some of the cool aspects of the comics and create new ones within the show. I agree the Governor doesn't need to be the only bad guy. This is a world that's gone to crap and there should be plenty more like him out there.

:exactly:

I like the idea that the show has significant comic influences, but also takes it's own path in ways.

The start of season 3 was amazing...and then it did kind of grind to a halt while they stretched out the last episodes leading up to an underwhelming season finale. That being said, "Clear" was the best episode of the season and my favorite episode to date.

Back