The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They made Shane a bad guy before they killed him off. They made Andrea and Laurie annoying as hell before they killed them off. Dale had become a parody of himself before they killed him off.

Before they ever kill off Daryl and Rick, they'll make them unlikable characters or bad guys.

They would never pull a Ned Stark, Robb Stark or Oberyn Martell. But the writing and dialogue for the characters in TWD is so far below that of GoT that I can't imagine I'd care if they did.

Ned was arguably the main character of the whole first season, and still remains in the top 4 most popular characters of the series. He was killed off in S1 episode 9.

Robb Stark, though not as popular as Ned, gathered a big following and was assumed by most to be the one to avenge his father's death and defeat the enemies. He was unexpectedly and brutally murdered, without even being given the chance to defend himself.

Oberyn Martell almost instantly became a fan favorite and had his head smashed after only eight episodes.

No way would TWD ever do anything as risky.

GoT is just the exact opposite of TWD. GoT kills off characters you like and TWD kills off characters you hate. You can argue both are predictable at this point.

:exactly: :goodpost:

I will give you Joffrey but A LOT of people loved show Tywin.

I am not sure how realistic it really is, what do you have to base that off of? The amount of death and betrayal in such a short time frame is a little ridiculous but it has to be for it to be entertaining.
I mean that no one is safe in GoT. TWD always says this, but we know that they'd never kill off Rick of Daryl unless the characters changed drastically and people became disinterested in them. GoT doesn't follow that rule. They have an actual story to tell. Whether a character is a fan favorite or not, he will honestly never be safe.

That's how it's more realistic. In real life you don't get spared for being the most popular character.

Oh good. Another "GoT vs. TWD" wank fest. I LOVE these.

giphy.gif

I will give you Joffrey but A LOT of people loved show Tywin.

I am not sure how realistic it really is, what do you have to base that off of? The amount of death and betrayal in such a short time frame is a little ridiculous but it has to be for it to be entertaining.

That's the main thing, entertainment. You have to do what's best for your show. An HBO program would be handled differently than a network show, but we've been through all this before.

I mean that no one is safe in GoT. TWD always says this, but we know that they'd never kill off Rick of Daryl unless the characters changed drastically and people became disinterested in them. GoT doesn't follow that rule. They have an actual story to tell. Whether a character is a fan favorite or not, he will honestly never be safe.

That's how it's more realistic. In real life you don't get spared for being the most popular character.

I have not read the GOT books but don't the main characters die in those as well? If so isn't that just following the book not being more "realistic"?

how many characters does GoT has???

compare that to the handful of characters the WD has.....

From what I've seen it's Tyrion, Cersei, Jaimie, Daenerys, Sansa and Margaery.
That's in comparison to TWD's Rick, Daryl, Carol, Michonne, Maggie and Glenn.
Either way, there's no use in comparing the two, considering the fact they
couldn't be more different.

not as much as you think

:lol GoT has over 40 "main" characters that I can think of off the top of my head. They have so many characters that only a fraction of them appear from episode to episode.

Why are people comparing these two shows? I said name a show OTHER than GoT that kills off main characters like WD does. What's that? <crickets chirping> That's what I thought.

Back