The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
now is way too soon. it just doesn't make sense to have plans for the next 10 or so years but take your main star out.

You're young and don't understand many things in life. What will happen will make sense in the grand scheme, enjoy what you do now and worry about later when it arrives.

They don't have the balls.

I can't say that I blame them because he brings in too much money. They need to bring in some more strong characters before they kill off Daryl or Rick anyway.

He needs to go soon but yeah they do need to write some strong characters back into the show first.

SOME of you guys were okay with him, calling him a badass, best character on the show, etc. until he got a large lady fandom and they said things like they'd riot if he died. Now you can't get rid of him quick enough. :lol

I don't see him or Rick going anywhere any time soon unless they decide they want to move on.

SOME of you guys were okay with him, calling him a badass, best character on the show, etc. until he got a large lady fandom and they said things like they'd riot if he died. Now you can't get rid of him quick enough. :lol

I don't see him or Rick going anywhere any time soon unless they decide they want to move on.

I think we have a lot of Freaks jealous of Daryl. I always get a chuckle when I read "Daryl needs to go" and some such. :lol Needs? Really?

He is a badass and still the best character on the show, IMO. Doesn't matter how many women like him. Only makes him cooler in my book. :rock

I think we have a lot of Freaks jealous of Daryl. I always get a chuckle when I read "Daryl needs to go" and some such. :lol Needs? Really?

All the great shows have the balls to kill off fan favourites. The problem that the show has is that despite whatever the circumstances may be you can guarantee the main group of characters will get through it. We all know the main guys will get out of the train car in season 5 and live happily ever after until they bump into the next bad group.

All the great shows have the balls to kill off fan favourites. The problem that the show has is that despite whatever the circumstances may be you can guarantee the main group of characters will get through it. We all know the main guys will get out of the train car in season 5 and live happily ever after until they bump into the next bad group.

Which "great" shows (besides GoT) kills off fan favorites? Fan favorites are subjective anyway. A character I like, others may hate and vice versa. I don't think anyone is ever safe on this show. Daryl "could" die at any time, in any episode. The same can be said for all the other characters. I don't know how you can think this show plays it "safe" when it has killed off the entire cast from S1 except Rick, Daryl, Carl and Carol.

Just off the top of head...
Amy
Jim
Jackie
Sophia
Dale
Shane
Red Shirt jimmy
Patricia
Otis
Lori (woo hoo!)
T-Dawg
Andrea
Herschel
The Governor
The Governor's adopted wife and daughter.
Martinez

DAMMIT! I MISSED THAT ONE TOO! GRRRRRRRRRRRR! :lol

c48ed4ee395660c859c9ef6e461609974e72a7668b6b282f31eb029b7c7fea71.jpg
:monkey3

Thanks for the reminder. Just checked my DVR to make sure it recorded and :yess: its on there.

It's a fun program to watch. :D

While I think that eventually Daryl will die in the show, I don't think he "needs" to go soon. He's still a badass character IMO.

Oh and Mister Ski...you forgot to mention that Glenn is still around from S1. For now. :panic: :lol

Shane, Shane, I'll always mourn the loss of that guy, sure he was unstable but dammit he was a great character.

Is that you Nam? :lol

All kidding aside, while I didn't like his character, I do have to admit that he was a very polarizing and interesting character. I actually see more of where he was coming from after subsequent viewings.

They made Shane a bad guy before they killed him off. They made Andrea and Laurie annoying as hell before they killed them off. Dale had become a parody of himself before they killed him off.

Before they ever kill off Daryl and Rick, they'll make them unlikable characters or bad guys.

They would never pull a Ned Stark, Robb Stark or Oberyn Martell. But the writing and dialogue for the characters in TWD is so far below that of GoT that I can't imagine I'd care if they did.

Ned was arguably the main character of the whole first season, and still remains in the top 4 most popular characters of the series. He was killed off in S1 episode 9.

Robb Stark, though not as popular as Ned, gathered a big following and was assumed by most to be the one to avenge his father's death and defeat the enemies. He was unexpectedly and brutally murdered, without even being given the chance to defend himself.

Oberyn Martell almost instantly became a fan favorite and had his head smashed after only eight episodes.

No way would TWD ever do anything as risky.

GoT is just the exact opposite of TWD. GoT kills off characters you like and TWD kills off characters you hate. You can argue both are predictable at this point.

Not really. Both Tywin and Joffrey died this season. GoT is just more realistic about who lives and who dies.

I will give you Joffrey but A LOT of people loved show Tywin.

I am not sure how realistic it really is, what do you have to base that off of? The amount of death and betrayal in such a short time frame is a little ridiculous but it has to be for it to be entertaining.

Back