The Revenant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meth head

Super Freak
Reaction score
la-et-mn-2014-golden-globes-presenters-photos--001.jpg

Fresh off a stellar performance in The Wolf of Wall Street, actor Leonardo DiCaprio has committed to his next project. DiCaprio will lead the gritty thriller The Revenant for director Alejandro González Iñárritu (Biutiful), as the two have settled on a September production start-date. Based on the novel of the same name by author Michael Punke, the story revolves around an 1820s fronterisman who is mauled by a bear during a fur trapping expedition, robbed, and left for dead. When he recovers, he sets out to exact revenge on those who betrayed him.

DiCaprio has been circling The Revenant for quite some time as Iñárritu has been trying to get the project off the ground, with the actor first flirting with the pic over two years ago. Deadline reports that DiCaprio has now fully committed to the New Regency project, which will begin filming this September for a Fall 2015 release through 20th Century Fox. Though Sean Penn was at one point connected to the role of one of the robbers, he is no longer involved with the project.

I am a big Iñárritu fan so I am genuinely excited for this team up with DiCaprio. I do hope this is a return to his earlier form, I wasn't a fan of Biutiful if I am honest.

It looks like another acting masterclass from Leo and Tom Hardy is a massive bonus, this has jumped to the top of my most anticipated films of the year, looks amazing so far.

This was an awesome film...whole cast excellent...the scenery(real footage with natural lighting I think)is breathtaking...old school... loved it. Early-mid 19th century western that does not make me wish to live in the great ice cold outdoors...last western to make me feel this cold was McCabe and Mrs Miller(one of my favorite westerns and my favorite Altman film)...my father if he was alive and saw this would say this is a man's movie...gritty

Nope... Just expecting a great film.. I love westerns and films like this.. I like Tombstone also but think of that film as almost more of an action film then a western.
Tombstone for me even though I enjoyed it too was the Sharks vs the Jets LOL...If you have a chance see McCabe and Mrs Miller...I love dark westerns...where everybody can be an a hole sort of speak :)

Tombstone for me even though I enjoyed it too was the Sharks vs the Jets LOL...If you have a chance see McCabe and Mrs Miller...I love dark westerns...where everybody can be an a hole sort of speak :)

I will have to check it out... Just got done with Bone Tomahawk with Kurt Russell... Some great dialogue in that film...

Back