Quentin Tarantino's "Star Trek" - TBD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
giphy.gif

You only lose your job if u are a gross white male.
Look at kevin spacey and george takei, they did similar things but only one lost their job. People didnt even attack george takei that badly and most people even defended him on twitter and facebook. He flew under the radar and is completely ok. Didnt lose anything.
Look at Jeffrey Tambor, had his show cancelled, for catcalling and unwanted hugging.... thats what he did
Aziz does what he does, has not lost anything. His shows are still fine. Nothing is lost. Hes still rich and powerful. Hes still worth 18 million.

Because beyond people that have watch a episode of old Star Trek or the 80's movies and by chance remember one of the lower main cast characters and the actors name, no one knows who George Takei is.

In Takei's case, his was a just a date gone bad. And what can they do to him? Take away his Facebook page?

I think the thing that bugs me the most about all of this is how sanctimonious everybody is. Not just in Hollywood, but every ****er with a Facebook account and an opinion. I’m glad to see ass holes getting their comeuppance, but, at the same time, there’s something so grating about a lynch mob comprised of ignoramuses just barely balancing on the backs of their high horses. I think the thing about it is that, literally, the only reason any of this is happening is because it’s happening from the top down and because Hollywood is choosing to acknowledge it.

I firmly believe that if the executives and the lawyers and the studios sided with the Weinsteins and the Spaceys and all of the other harassers/assaulters, nothing would truly happen. People would have their “well, I don’t know if there’s any truth to that and he does make really good movies” spiel, and they’d go about their business, happy as a bunch of clams to be enjoying whatever movie so and so put out, but, because it’s Ashley Judd, because it’s Lupita N’yongo and not some random woman who catered one of his after-parties, people can’t ignore it. I mean, I seem to recall people writing Rose McGowan off for years as being crazy.

So, I don’t know. I’m glad there’s progress being made and some people are seeing something resembling justice, but I don’t think anyone should be acting so proud to be a part of it, especially down on our level, when we’re all just fickle sycophants gobbling up whatever they feed us.

Last edited:
Sums up what social media has become. A place of attention seeking, high-horsing and presumption of importance.

And my feelings towards it
giphy.gif

Tarantino gives me the creeps, considering his comments about Polanski's rape victim.

That aside, I have no faith he'll make a great Trek film. I feel like many of his movies are overrated by salivating fanboys who think he's some kind of Godlike genius. But of course, that's probably just because I'm not smart enough to truuuuly understand his art. :rolleyes2 But that's fandom for you.

I'll rent it, at least.

Back