2016 Oscar Nominations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Latinos weren't slaves. :dunno

nice bait, but black lives matter is specifically about police brutality. police brutality that affects other minorities. so shouldnt it be "minorities lives matter" or something like that?
imagine if all joined to protest police brutality, imagine that.

What it's not normal to shoot an African american kid/man who is just walking away from you with no weapon at all........I thought that happened to every race or color of person....:lol

I'm a Canadian and have only been in the south a couple times, but man you can tell the difference in peoples general attitude towards each other by just walking down the street. ****** thing is that people you ran into felt you already had the preconceived attitude along with them or against them all because I was white......hell when I said I was Canadian it was like turning on, or off of a light bulb depending on who you were talking to if they thought you were against them or for them

it was like 15 years ago and it still sits in my mind like it was yesterday..

nice bait, but black lives matter is specifically about police brutality. police brutality that affects other minorities. so shouldnt it be "minorities lives matter" or something like that?
imagine if all joined to protest police brutality, imagine that.

To be fair, they don't speak up about it enough, outside of African Americans you don't hear many minorities making a stance on anything in the industry, not Asians, Latinos, Indians, etc.....

A lot of the African American celebrities do speak up about it, Spike Lee for example decided to go skip the Oscars and go to a Knick game even though he was being honored :lol

Another thing is, a lot of Caucasian actors tend to bring up black actors specifically not getting much work, so all the focus goes towards them. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion, other groups should start speaking up more often so they can start getting just as much attention, but America's history also plays into things, that's a fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be fair, they don't speak up about it enough, outside of African Americans you don't hear many minorities making a stance on anything in the industry, not Asians, Latinos, Indians, etc.....

A lot of the African American celebrities do speak up about it, Spike Lee for example decided to go skip the Oscars and go to a Knick game even though he was being honored :lol

Another thing is, a lot of Caucasian actors tend to bring up black actors specifically not getting much work, so all the focus goes towards them. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion, other groups should start speaking up more often so they can start getting just as much attention, but America's history also plays into things, that's a fact.

they do speak about it, it just doesnt make the media . (Latinos and even Native americans tried to create their own "--- lives matter" movement, The native americans specially because they suffer a lot of police brutality.
you probably dont even know that exists because absolutely no one cares. There are groups trying to bring that into light but the media only pays attention to one minority group. Im just saying. racism seems to be more important to progressive groups when it is being committed to one group, everyone else can fend for themselves.

Boring, not funny, too long, and hypocrisy all around. Yep, sounds like every year's Oscars, no wonder the ratings are now at a 8-year low. Race issues aside, the show wasn't even remotely entertaining (yet again).

To me the biggest :slap was Chris Rock tackling the issue about diversity, and then both he and Sasha Baron Cohen cracking not one, but TWO Asian stereotype jokes. Good job, Hollywood.

Boring, not funny, too long, and hypocrisy all around. Yep, sounds like every year's Oscars, no wonder the ratings are now at a 8-year low. Race issues aside, the show wasn't even remotely entertaining (yet again).

Chris Rock was annoying as usual...and the black and white jokes got old quickly. Also, the show is too damn long. It should be 2 hours long.

they do speak about it, it just doesnt make the media . (Latinos and even Native americans tried to create their own "--- lives matter" movement, The native americans specially because they suffer a lot of police brutality.
you probably dont even know that exists because absolutely no one cares. There are groups trying to bring that into light but the media only pays attention to one minority group. Im just saying. racism seems to be more important to progressive groups when it is being committed to one group, everyone else can fend for themselves.

That's what I'm talking about though, you don't see Hispanic celebrities or any other group for that matter make much noise regarding the the racial issues plaguing the industry. That's how things get to the mainstream a lot of times. And again, American history has a lot to do with it.

That's what I'm talking about though, you don't see Hispanic celebrities

There's probably less unity with Hispanics unlike black actors and entertainers. Black people (African Americans) are a race and there's more unity, but there are all kind of Hispanics from different countries, some black, some white, some are brown...and so on and so forth. I don't think Hispanics see themselves a single group because we all have different backgrounds and come from different countries. Even if the US government wants to put every Spanish speaking person under ONE umbrella, Hispanics have different nationalities, races, and cultures, unlike African American who share a similar historical background in this country....but that's just my opinion.

i think it also has to do with the fact that some hispanic people dont want to be called out or blacklisted in hollywood or something. It's like you worked so hard to finally get a spot in Hollywood and the last thing you want to do is ruin it by biting the hand that feeds. (or so I have noticed) That doesn't just happen with celebrities, a lot of normal people tend to keep their head down so that they dont get the wrong attention.

But what bothers me is the rich, white progressives and liberals that are always screaming about equality in Hollywood but never ever talk about Hispanics. that's the problem,

i think it also has to do with the fact that some hispanic people dont want to be called out or blacklisted in hollywood or something. It's like you worked so hard to finally get a spot in Hollywood and the last thing you want to do is ruin it by biting the hand that feeds. (or so I have noticed) That doesn't just happen with celebrities, a lot of normal people tend to keep their head down so that they dont get the wrong attention.

Yeah, maybe. Even Zoe Saldana who is black and Hispanic stays away from the subject of diversity regarding the Oscars and the industry, yet she identifies herself as a black woman.

I stopped giving the Oscars any real credence many many years ago. It's a self-congratulatory pat on the back, decided on by a private organization of industry players. Many awards, like Leo's, come because that group feels that it is time for X person to get one (Scorsese, Denzel, etc.). And voters can be swayed by timing, promotion, and other factors. It's not up to a public vote, and there are no objective standards. So really, it doesn't mean a whole heck of a lot.

BUT, still great that Mad Max got so much recognition. It should have won EVERY AWARD.

Yeah.. I like their movies but Hollywood makes me sick... I find it funny as they all stand and clap for Lady Gaga's important Sexual Abuse song yet award a Child Rapist and fugitive an Oscar just 15 years ago (Polanski) and many celebs feel he should be allowed back into the country with no consequences awaiting him... The hypocrisy is Hilarious..

So Inarritu & DiCaprio win best director and best actor respectively, but doesn't win best picture?! That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

So Inarritu & DiCaprio win best director and best actor respectively, but doesn't win best picture?! That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

And last year Inarritu and Birdman won best director and best picture respectively, but not Michael Keaton for actor.

It's poetry.

Back