Guillermo Del Toro's "At the Mountains of Madness"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sad news indeed...
dammit... what's wrong with Hollywood!!!
I'm pretty sure a lot of our beloved films from the 70's and 80's couldn't be made this days... they just play it safe, with reboots, remakes and established franchises... ugh... :(

I don't think it would, as the story itself isn't supremely violent or gory. It seems GDT just doesn't want to compromise his vision, which is fine.

Though the way the article reads, they're might be other situations that helped kill it. The R was just the nail in the coffin. :(

However you can get a pretty, high violence, PG-13 movie out these days. so...:dunno

Plus now with all the unrated director's cuts on video, it shouldn't even be a deal-breaking issue.

Absolutely fair play to him, if he has a vision for the film and the studio compromise it then I think he has made the right decision in walking away, I admire his integrity, for me he really is a truely great director with an extraordinary vision and that should not be supressed

Back