The Plastic Fett POLL

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does a Plastic Boba Fett Bother You?

• Yes, Boba Fett being made out of plastic will most likely lead to a cancellation.

Votes: 54 48.6%
  • No, I am sure everything will turn out fine and am not worried about it.

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • I am Josh so you already know my answer.

Votes: 13 11.7%
  • It bothers me, but I'm not cancelling.

Votes: 4 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
IrishJedi said:
It's not the quality, it's the PRICE.

Fact 1. SSC solicited a PF Boba Fett made of polystone pieces. And it was priced at $325

Fact 2. Less than one month before the item's release, SSC lets everyone know that in fact polystone was not used but instead ABS was used.

Fact 3. ABS costs less than polystone.

Fact 4. SSC has not adjusted the cost of the item accordingly.

Pretty simple, actually.

Maybe they will send us a $10 giftcard to make up for it. :rolleyes:

I have a few thoughts on the "great plastic debate of 2007":

1) Plastic armor doesn't bother me much, Vader has it; and while I would have preferred polystone - I also don't want to run the risk of chips, etc. I understand given the "thinness" of the armor that polystone may not be the best choice. I do find it a bit odd that Sideshow wouldn't have realized that from the beginning though, having already produced Vader.

2) I am concerned about the choice of plastic because of the paintwork to be done on top. Polystone no doubt would give a better tone and depth to the paint, and I am interested to see how "bright" and "clean" Fett may look with plastic instead of a more muted polystone.

3) I do not however understand the decision to make either the body or the weaponry of Fett out of plastic; that is my biggest gripe (and it would appear the same for many here). I do expect a certain heft to my pieces, and I will disappointed if that is lacking.

I am not cancelling my order, but I am concerned.

I understand everyone being upset at the price, but wasn't the original armor used in the film made with ABS plastic?

Shropt said:
I understand everyone being upset at the price, but wasn't the original armor used in the film made with ABS plastic?

Indeed it was. A mixture of ABS, other polys and even resin pieces with some metal parts.

Same with Vader and the troopers, by the way

But as you said, that's not the point here at all. The PRICE is the huge issue now.

Don't people constantly bash Koto statues for being made from cheap materials? If Sideshow is doing the same thing, why should they be spared from criticism? I think the price of the PF should have been adjusted accordingly, but it's obvious that isn't going to happen. Kinda feels like a bush league move from Sideshow IMHO.

SolidLiquidFox said:
I am going to remain optimistic and wait to pass judment until I get mine.

I think the point is that it's too late to complain AFTER you have paid for and received a $325 figure.

I'm not sure about canceling Fett, but I would definitely have second thoughts about paying that much for a Stormtrooper PF.

Well this is a bloody crappy week in the collecting world, delay on Cap (I know its for a good reason, but still sucks), Ugly-Wan from GG, and an all plastic PF...

I won't cancel, I'll wait and see what I think of it. And I don't know all the information, but I'm guessing that if it all plastic with no polystone and no metal then the price seems to high to me. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm basing this off the price of other PF's which are made of polystone. Its not the end of the world, and as far as I can tell its no different than Vader, with the exception that the body underneath is plastic, and I'm not coming up with any reason why that's bad...other than it does seem its priced a little too high.

IrishJedi said:
I think the point is that it's too late to complain AFTER you have paid for and received a $325 figure.
Yeah, but if you don't feel it is worth 325 dollars when you get it you can always send it back...

Does anyone else think that the plastic body might have something to do with the ball-jointed neck?

:confused:

SAYNO.gif

:monkey1

I'll pass judgement when I receive it, but Irish has a point.

My PF Hulk is heavy as hell and I know he is made of polystone. Also, I paid for Hulk almost the SAME price as Fett. I already know I got more value out of Hulk than I will Fett when I get him.

But since Fett is my boy, I will most likely keep him.

LOTRFan said:
Does anyone else think that the plastic body might have something to do with the ball-jointed neck?

:confused:

I think the extra feature came because they are using plastic. $325 is the price for premium materials. Now that they changed it they had to add something extra.

SolidLiquidFox said:
I think the extra feature came because they are using plastic. $325 is the price for premium materials. Now that they changed it they had to add something extra.

No, it was always listed as having the ball-joint. :wave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back