Lord of the Rings Premium Format - Finish the Fellowship

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've also asked several questions regarding LOTr, never one question answered ...

Time again for my weekly barrage of questions to Sideshow regarding the rest of the Fellowship in the Premium Format line:

I didn't have any clever way to ask about multiple hobbit characters as separate questions today, so this may seem a little abbreviated!

Sam/Merry and Pippin/Bilbo:
With news of the Hobbit soon to start filming, any chance we'll see some more hobbits in the Lord of the Rings Premium Format line? Sam is certainly long overdue, and Merry and Pippin would be great to see two hobbits on one base (perhaps the Buckleberry Ferry with a light up lantern). Bilbo at his birthday celebration would be a welcome addition as well! So will we see the Hobbit film or our next hobbit Premium Format figure first?

Gimli:
The friendship between Legolas and Gimli is one of the cornerstones of the Lord of the Rings story, and it would be great to see a Gimli Premium Format join Legolas as part of the series. Dwarves will be quite popular once the Hobbit hits the silver screen, and this stout-hearted dwarf would be a fantastic addition to the Lord of the Rings line.

Boromir:
We have seen the sneak peek to know that an armored Boromir will be making an appearance in the maquette line, but it would be great to get a Premium Format figure for this character as he appeared in the Fellowship. The costume and detail would lend itself very well to the mixed media line, and I hope we see him soon. Any news as to when this figure might be on the horizon?

Rumored/hinted at oversized figure:
Previous Ask Sideshow answers have hinted at one or more larger scale characters for the Lord of the Rings Premium Format line. Do you know when we might see more news on the "horse of a different color?" and is the suggested Cave Troll still somewhere in the planning stages? I would like to know if I need to take out a second mortgage to afford these possible figures!

I am still hoping for the complete fellowship, but since I am asking questions each week, I thought I would mix it up and include some other heavily rumored or favorite character requests. Next week, I'll bug them about Saruman and maybe Elrond or Arwen...Any suggestions to include?

I have a ton of work today, so I want to get the questions out of the way this morning and focus on getting stuff off my to-do list.

Here are my weekly Ask Sideshow Questions, and again I will try to expand beyond the Fellowship for some other characters that I see floating around as much-requested Premium Format figures. Let me know if you have any suggestions!

Samwise Gamgee:
Sideshow, I am loving the Premium Format line, and looking forward to more additions to this line. We have had a nice mixture of Orcs and Uruks, Wizards and Elves, but Frodo is the only hobbit represented thus far! When might his faithful gardener Samwise Gamgee be making an appearance in the Premium Format line?

Merry and Pippin:
Sideshow, one of the most unique Premium Format figures I have seen up close is the Yoda with the Clone trooper base. Have you ever considered something similar for Merry and Pippin? These two characters are short on stature, but would be sure fire sellers on a combined base or with the value add of another set piece, like the well in the tomb of Balin!

Gimli:
We have seen the upcoming teasers for the Gimli Maquette, but a lot of people have been clamoring for this brave dwarf to make an appearance in the Premium Format line. Dwarves will be all the rage with the Hobbit, but don't forget this key member of the Fellowship in the Premium Format line!

Boromir:
To me, Boromir has one of the most human and heroic parts of the story in the Lord of the Rings, and it is a shame he hasn't been made yet in the Premium Format line. Do you know when we might see the heroic son of Gondor in his traveling gear from the Fellowship?

Elrond:
The elven armor is a beautiful design in the Lord of the Rings films, and I hope we get to see some of that craftsmanship in the Premium Format line. Any plans for an Elrond Premium Format in his second age armor?

Arwen:
Sideshow we have seen the sneak peek at Arwen in the upcoming maquette line, but she had so many costumes that would look amazing in the Premium Format line. She would also make a nice companion to Galadriel or Aragorn. Any chance that Arwen might make a Premium Format appearance soon?

I think next week, I'll sneak in questions about Sauron and Saruman! We need the white wizard, and Sauron would be a behemoth in this line!! Let me know if you have any suggestions, and as always, take a moment to ask Sideshow too, if you want to see the Full Fellowship in the Premium Format line!!

I was really busy the last few weeks, so I haven't had a chance to Ask Sideshow about their plans for the rest of the Fellowship in the Premium Format line, but that changes today!

Gimli:
The alternate portraits for Gandalf as a Premium Format seem to be a huge hit, and I was wondering if a similar technique might be considered for Gimli when he makes a Premium Format appearance. He looks so different without his helmet, it would be cool to have the option for alternate portraits with the character!

Boromir:
The Premium Format Lurtz is a stand out piece, but I have to think it would be great to Boromir to display along side him. Any chance we'll see Boromir in the Premium Format range any time soon?

Sam:
The Lord of the Rings Premium Format line is missing one of the biggest heroes from the story. When might we see Samwise Gamgee make an appearance as a Premium Format figure? He is the heart of the story!

Merry and Pippin:
The Lord of the Rings Premium Format line is seriously under-representing the hobbits from the films. It would be great to see Merry and Pippin, and their friendship could be a good reason to offer two characters in one Premium Format offering!

Sauron:
I don't know that it would be fair to have a Lord of the Rings Premium Format line without the actual Lord of the Rings - Sauron! Any chance we could see this behemoth represented in this line?

Saruman:
With the Orcs and the Uruk-Hai, we have a nice representation of evil characters, but we have more foot soldiers than leaders. Do you know when the White Wizard Saruman might make his way into the Premium Format line?

That's it for this week! Hopefully we'll see some answers soon on some of these, and I'll try to work in Theoden and Eowyn for next week!

Beating_a_Dead_Horse.gif

You think you guys would've learned from the 1:6 line. :monkey1

You think you guys would've learned from the 1:6 line.
:lecture

It really, really sucks that Sideshow tossed the LotR fans under the bus in the 1/6th line and now (most likely) the 1/4th line. Unfortunately, I think you have better chances of seeing a Hellraiser PF, Michael Myers PF, Bladerunner PF, and an Ironman statue without QC issues all released in a single year than the chances of getting the complete Fellowship in PF form. :(

:lecture

It really, really sucks that Sideshow tossed the LotR fans under the bus in the 1/6th line and now (most likely) the 1/4th line. Unfortunately, I think you have better chances of seeing a Hellraiser PF, Michael Myers PF, Bladerunner PF, and an Ironman statue without QC issues all released in a single year than the chances of getting the complete Fellowship in PF form. :(

What are you talking about...SS cherishes their LOTR licence. Can't you tell by all the new pre-orders, and all the updates, previews, and sneek peeks they constantly bombard us with.....:monkey3

Woodsy: "Must...have...Gimli statue." :lol
closeencountersmashedpotatoes.jpg

I do feel bad for the LotR fans...maybe it will give Sideshow more production capability to make Marvel PFs. :monkey1

True :lecture, and let's face it, you can never have too many statues of guys wearing tights....:monkey3 :lol

SS.. Will you just make some damn good, thought out, no wonkie posed PF's for the rest of the line??? PLEASE... :pray:

Regards, completest whore.....:wave

I'll keep asking the questions to Sideshow every week until we get a definitive answer "yes" or "no" on certain characters, but it will help if other people make the same request to Sideshow too. We keep getting told that we are a small fraction of the Sideshow product audience, and if that is so, can't they extrapolate a larger demand from what they have seen here? If 50 people here have requested the complete fellowship in PF, and we are only 1/10 of the LOTR audience, that would still suggest 500 statues sold, and I know we have seen other products come in with that sort of production run.

I'll keep asking the questions to Sideshow every week until we get a definitive answer "yes" or "no" on certain characters, but it will help if other people make the same request to Sideshow too. We keep getting told that we are a small fraction of the Sideshow product audience, and if that is so, can't they extrapolate a larger demand from what they have seen here? If 50 people here have requested the complete fellowship in PF, and we are only 1/10 of the LOTR audience, that would still suggest 500 statues sold, and I know we have seen other products come in with that sort of production run.

Agreed. I bombard SS with PF and maquette questions almost every day and will continue to do so. LOTR collectors need to do two things : start lobbying SS continually with their requests, and when the time comes...put their money where there mouth is. :lecture

If SS can produce a PF with an ES of 150 ie Rick O'Connell [OK, I know it's been scrapped, but it wasn't scrapped because of the 150 ES...it was scrapped because they couldn't sell 1/3 of those] then surely they can do a Sam, Merry and Pippin PF.

Back