Lord of the Rings Premium Format - Finish the Fellowship

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seaward

Super Freak
Reaction score
This thread is designed to be a place for people to make the request to Sideshow to finish the Fellowship of the Ring characters in their Premium Format line. We have had some lively discussions in the Lord of the Rings forum about this topic, but rather than make assumptions about why Sideshow might or might not make a particular character, this thread is intended to show our support for the premium format line and let Sideshow know what you might want for the Fellowship characters that have yet to be made.

In addition, my signature has a link to the Ask Sideshow section of their website, and you can ask Sideshow about the possibility of making the missing Fellowship characters:
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?cat=195&ask=y#askquestion

I have been using the Ask Sideshow once a week about the possibility of making Boromir in his traveling gear for the Premium Format line, Gimli as a Premium Format figure, Sam as a Premium Format Figure, and Merry and Pippin as a Premium Format statue that combines the two figures in some way. I want to encourage people to reach out to Sideshow and ask questions as well to show their support.

We have also had some polls on this and other forums, and I thought it would be good to consolidate a poll here as well, as a simple multiple choice poll to help illustrate to Sideshow which characters you would be interested in buying as part of the premium format line.

Please join in and let Sideshow know that you want to see the complete Fellowship of the Ring in the Premium Format line!! Let Sideshow know some specifics too, such as the character(s) you want, and any preference you might have for the costuming, design, accessories or features.

I'll be posting a quick update when I get a chance to make my weekly "Ask Sideshow" questions, as I try to re-phrase them each week to avoid spamming Sideshow each week!

Thanks in advance for the support everyone!

I asked Sideshow again today about the missing Fellowship members as Premium Formats.

I asked if Boromir might come with a snowy base on the way to Caradhras (to get his travelling cloak).

I asked if Sam might be coming as a very hobbit-y premium format, such as coming with part of his hobbit hole or garden, or possibly cooking over an open fire.

I asked what sort of axe Gimli might come with, since he has so many to choose from!

I asked if Merry and Pippin might come with some additional display element to make them more interesting, such as Pippin with the well and dead dwarf from Balin's tomb or Merry with part of the Buckleberry ferry.

Thanks for your interest and time, and I encourage others to reach out to Sideshow to let them know your interest in the fellowship!

The Posted Poll is multiple choice sa an FYI! Thanks!

I must have a Gimli so that we have all the races represented, as well as the Three Hunters.

I would also love a Boromir. Of course, I would buy a Sam and Merry/Pippin, but realistically I would be satisfied with Gimli and Boromir.

Gimli and Sam would be an instant buy unless they turned out like crap. The rest would depend on quality and price.

Thanks for all the support so far guys! If you have some ideas about what you might like to see for these figures, I think that other people would be interested to hear them!

I want to see Gimli from Moria with his battle axe and lots of orc blood. Maybe a piece of Balins Tomb underneath him.

Thanks for all the support so far guys! If you have some ideas about what you might like to see for these figures, I think that other people would be interested to hear them!

Gimli - Just has to be in Moria, not only because we already have three Fellowship members represented; but well he's a dwarf! :wink1: Standing on top of Balin's tomb seems natural to me, and would pair very well with the Legolas PF.

Boromir - I would love to see his elaborate costume coupled with the elven cloak, and to pair with both Aragorn and Lurtz; Amon Hen would be a great choice.

Sam - Could go a number of ways, but since he is so :1-1: with Frodo I think Moria would work well; esp if the EX were to be his frying pan.

Pippin and Merry - I would almost like to see SS break tradition here and depict them from early in FOTR, their antics in the Shire (esp the fireworks scene) could be really cool. If everyone is dead set on an actual Fellowship piece, than just to round out the group Amon Hen - when they proved themselves courageous - would display nicely.

:hi5:

Gimli - Just has to be in Moria, not only because we already have three Fellowship members represented; but well he's a dwarf! :wink1: Standing on top of Balin's tomb seems natural to me, and would pair very well with the Legolas PF.

Boromir - I would love to see his elaborate costume coupled with the elven cloak, and to pair with both Aragorn and Lurtz; Amon Hen would be a great choice.

Sam - Could go a number of ways, but since he is so :1-1: with Frodo I think Moria would work well; esp if the EX were to be his frying pan.

Pippin and Merry - I would almost like to see SS break tradition here and depict them from early in FOTR, their antics in the Shire (esp the fireworks scene) could be really cool. If everyone is dead set on an actual Fellowship piece, than just to round out the group Amon Hen - when they proved themselves courageous - would display nicely.

Could not have said it better <3. I would love to see all of them as well, no one does it better than SS just hope to see more LOTR PFs on a regular basis. Hope we see some art sketches of Gimli and Boromir soon...:peace

I think if they could work out the sparking feature from the X-Men dioramas to be the lit fuse of the Dragon Firework, that could be really cool. I would be okay with something not screen accurate for these two, but the more "hobbity" the better!

I just keep trying to change the way I ask questions from week to week, to hopefully increase a chance of a SS response!

All of them. The hobbits should be a multi-pack for the price of a standard PF.

Back