The Lone Ranger movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As long as he turns in a good performance, I don't mind Depp's being Tonto one bit. As much as I'd have liked to see a full blooded Native American in the role, I'd actually prefer Depp in the role if the movie's good. Mainly because his name brings attention to it. You put up a poster that says Disney's "The Lone Ranger" with Armie Hammer and Adam Beech, and you're not expecting anywhere near the turnout that Johnny Depp and Armie Hammer would bring in.

As long as he turns in a good performance, I don't mind Depp's being Tonto one bit. As much as I'd have liked to see a full blooded Native American in the role, I'd actually prefer Depp in the role if the movie's good. Mainly because his name brings attention to it. You put up a poster that says Disney's "The Lone Ranger" with Armie Hammer and Adam Beech, and you're not expecting anywhere near the turnout that Johnny Depp and Armie Hammer would bring in.

Movie's not called Tonto. :cuckoo:

I didn't know that Depp had Cherokee in him, which is great, but the fact that his rep has to tell everyone this says that not many people know about that either. A full blooded Native American should have been cast in the role, but this is more about name recognition and the almighty dollar than authenticity. People are not going to see Depp because he's 1/4 Cherokee. Affirmative action alive and well. Good job Disney. This irks me because this isn't the 60s where it was acceptable to cast people like Ricardo Montalban to play an Indian on a Bonanza episode. Hollywood should know better.

What's authenticity got to do with the Lone Ranger?
Besides, nobody seems to mind when British actors portray Americans...

I still cant believe this is a 250 million budget film...Are they gonna have more effects than John Carter?...I dont get it unless it becomes Like a POTC or John Carter story with Special effects...I will see this

Jesus some people wake up everyday looking for reasons to complain.
Depp is more indian than this guy.
iron-eyes-cody.jpg

its a film. A piece of art.
..... and here's a little secret ........... its filmed using actors to convey a fictional story. None of the entire movie actually happened **gasp!**

This may sound completely retarded, but for me I need to know if the Ranger is wearing his boots inside or outside of his pants, that's my personal make or break for his costume.... if the pants are tucked in I'll be fine with it, if not, he'll look to much like some businessman in a cowboy hat and mask....

Did you see the new pics? :slap

I think the character design is ridiculous. Oh well. At least they got Zorro right 15 years ago!

Back