1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 217-The Lone Ranger-Tonto 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Letting you guys know I'm selling Tonto for a really great price. Just pm me.

My wife was in Copenhagen for a conference earlier this year - beautiful part of the world! As Aussies we're not accustomed to architecture that's more than a couple of hundred years old.

Lone Ranger is a great movie, and t was slaughter by the mad mob. People who hadn't even seen it hated it. A critic here (in Denmark) gave it three stars in her review (before the gutting), but when the Facebook mob turned against it, she wrote about how awful a film it was, until I politely reminded her that she gave it three stars, to which she answered "yeah, but they were small".

We love to hate,and we love to hate Hollywood Blockbusters most of all, and inside, we feel good when something big like this fails. I love this movie. I can see it's flaws, but to me, Armie Hammer, the style of the film, the great script and even Depp, outshines all its flaws.

The film is so... yin and yang. With Hammer and Depp at each end of the poles. I'm bipolar, so having characters who portraits each end of life, it means a lot to me.

And it's FUN. It's really fun. I have a blast every time I see this film. I laugh, I cry, I hold me breath, I scream... this is to me what a film should be.

To me, this is a classic. Beautiful and well acted. I feel so bad for Hammer, cause he did an amazing job, and got slammed for it. I haven't picked up the Neca Lone Ranger, but since everybody is raving about it, I might. If I can still find it :)

We wont get the Lone Ranger Hot Toys. Some did really great mock-ups, but until Hammer gets a Hot Toys head (or equivalent) I will wait. Hammer made Lone Ranger into this amazing movie experience, that it is.

Agree. A shame what happened to this movie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One reason I wish we'd gotten the Hot Toys Ranger is because they were pretty faithfully recreating Hammer's thinness in the movie; he's quite long and lanky, whereas NECA's figure, which I love, is a bit thicker than is accurate.

On the other hand, the NECA scale means you can photograph them on horses, which unless I'm mistaken are not an option in sixth scale.

I gots the NECA too. Vey cool figures. Don't have the horse though, that's a way cool pic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't have the horse though, that's a way cool pic.

Thanks. There are no official NECA horses, alas, although they sculpted some for the 3.75-inch series that was never produced.

I use ToyBiz Lord of the Rings horses (Asfaloth for Silver and Brego for Tonto's horse; there are no ToyBiz horses that resemble his actual horse, unfortunately), which are ever so slightly too cartoony in comparison with NECA humans, but which get the job done well enough and are as far as I know the only option.

Got tonto today. I must say it's one of the best indian figures out there.

2v9yb7d.jpg

Back