Pirates of the Caribbean 5: Dead Men Tell No Tales

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Pirates of the Caribbean 5: On the Search for More Money

I loved Kolchak the Night Stalker. I don't know if Depp can top the dad from A Christmas Story, though.

He's doing a Kolchak movie?! I definitely don't see him as Carl Kolchak.

I don't either. Last I heard Edgar Wright is going to write and direct it for Disney.

Awesome... man, I really hope this ones good, I don't want to see Cruz again.

MY guess because of the title and the fact that it is suppose to be filmed partially in NOLA that we will likely see pirate Jean Lafitte.
I always hoped we'd see the Jolly Roger as a villain in this movie franchise....Maybe this time being he's voodoo and all. :yess:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5Hrfv9vXoU&sns=em"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5Hrfv9vXoU&sns=em[/ame]

laffite-landing.jpg

Jolly_Roger_concept_art.jpg
:pray:

4 was refreshing, a nice throwback to the old school pirate flicks without relying on a **** ton of way over the top nonsense like 2 and 3. It brought Jack back from an invinsible superhuman warrior to a guy more like Indiana Jones who has alot of know how but tends to get lucky and survive an over the top situation here and there. Not just one over the top impossible thing after another like straight up defying physics and fighting on top of a wet top sail as the ship bobs everywhere being sucked into a maelstrom. That was full retard. It may have lacked a bit of cinematography but the story was an overall improvement in every possible way.

And no Penelope please.

It will be interesting if they go with skeleton/zombie pirates again. The title certainly evokes the ride more than any of the other titles. I can't help but think of that skull saying that line any time I hear it.

I don't expect ground breaking award winning things here. I've just come to expect a fun, action packed, and funny 2 and a half hours with our buddy Jack Sparrow. Mindless entertainment. Just amuse me and I'll be happy with it. I don't want to be bored for 2 and a half hours.

Im a member on a couple POTC boards and they are wetting their pants about the news! :lol

From what I read on THR awhile back, DMTNT will have a considerable smaller budget due to Bruckheimer's "Lone Ranger" flop.

Here's to the saying "Good things come in small packages!"

tumblr_inline_mph9doTM4z1qz4rgp.gif

Official title is Captain Jack and the Crystal Skull.....jk

4 was refreshing, a nice throwback to the old school pirate flicks without relying on a **** ton of way over the top nonsense like 2 and 3. It brought Jack back from an invinsible superhuman warrior to a guy more like Indiana Jones who has alot of know how but tends to get lucky and survive an over the top situation here and there. Not just one over the top impossible thing after another like straight up defying physics and fighting on top of a wet top sail as the ship bobs everywhere being sucked into a maelstrom. That was full retard. It may have lacked a bit of cinematography but the story was an overall improvement in every possible way.

And no Penelope please.

Four could've been better if McShane would've been utilized better. Am I saying for him to call everyone ****suckers and shoot people in the head? No, but, at the same time, it was a bit of a letdown after seeing just how threatening he could be on Deadwood. I remember being superstoked by the casting news, and then being bummed out upon leaving the theater.

Keith Richards will once again step into the boots of Captain Teague, MailOnline can exclusively reveal.The Rolling Stones musician is set to reprise his role as Captain Jack Sparrow's father in Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales.'After months of talks, Keith has signed on to rejoin Johnny Depp in this fifth Pirates film,' a source tells MailOnline. 'Cameras are scheduled to start rolling in October.'Also, Christopher Waltz may plan villain Captain Brand, MailOnline has learned.

article-2514555-19AEA5AE00000578-176_306x470.jpg

In this new installment of the Disney franchise - which is set for a 2015 release - Jack and his team are in search of The Trident, which Keith's Teague holds valuable information to.The villain this time is Captain Brand, a ghost that wants the Trident so he can get his revenge on Jack.Brand believes Jack turned his brother Eric into a pirate, which led to his death.MailOnline can exclusively reveal that Christopher - best known for his turn in Quentin Tarantino's 2009 hit Inglourious Basterds - is interested in playing Brand, but no commitments have been made yet.Also in Dead Men Tell No Tales, Jack becomes enchanted by Barbosa's daughter, Carina Smyth.She's a beautiful woman in her late 30s who is called a witch by some but is really an adept astronomer.'She falls for Jack as their adventures keep them together, but he rebuffs her advances in fear of angering Barbosa,' script notes obtained exclusively by MailOnline reveal.Carina has not yet been cast, but Geoffrey Rush is a go to reprise his role as Barbosa.Joachim Ronning and Espen Sandberg are set to director from a script by Jess Nathanson.Producers include Johnny and his older sister Christi Dembrowski, as well as Jerry Bruckeheimer.

With Waltz, this actually maybe good.

Even though the last one was disappointing... I'm still looking forward to this one, thank God Marshall isn't directing again.

Back