1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 217-The Lone Ranger-Tonto 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did they follow through with the Lone Ranger figure? The movie itself was So-so- didn't like the way they portrayed the Lone Ranger's character

Nah dude, there's never gonna be a Ranger. Movie is considered a bomb. They were literally giving away Tonto, there's no way in hell they're producing John Reid.

And while I'm here, my obligatory spamming of the thread with NECA Lone Ranger photos:

It's funny; had you asked me when I left the theater what I thought of The Lone Ranger, I'd have begrudgingly conceded that it's fun and ambitious, but I'd have mostly focused on what aggravated me about it, particularly that the movie projects a feeling of franchise shame.

But the NECA figures captured my fancy to such an extent that my affection for the characters increased (although I've only watched it once more thus far; I'd intended to watch it again back in July, but never got around to it), and the hyperbolic criticisms triggered a knee-jerk desire to defend an underdog, with the result that the movie has ended up meaning quite a bit to me.

I think audiences are fatigued with the Bruckheimer/Depp/Vidal style and aesthetic, and they're unfairly maligning The Lone Ranger, which is superior to all the Pirates films.

I also expect that the next Pirates movie will bomb due to said fatigue, but of course I may be proven wrong.

Lone Ranger is a great movie, and t was slaughter by the mad mob. People who hadn't even seen it hated it. A critic here (in Denmark) gave it three stars in her review (before the gutting), but when the Facebook mob turned against it, she wrote about how awful a film it was, until I politely reminded her that she gave it three stars, to which she answered "yeah, but they were small".

We love to hate,and we love to hate Hollywood Blockbusters most of all, and inside, we feel good when something big like this fails. I love this movie. I can see it's flaws, but to me, Armie Hammer, the style of the film, the great script and even Depp, outshines all its flaws.

The film is so... yin and yang. With Hammer and Depp at each end of the poles. I'm bipolar, so having characters who portraits each end of life, it means a lot to me.

And it's FUN. It's really fun. I have a blast every time I see this film. I laugh, I cry, I hold me breath, I scream... this is to me what a film should be.

To me, this is a classic. Beautiful and well acted. I feel so bad for Hammer, cause he did an amazing job, and got slammed for it. I haven't picked up the Neca Lone Ranger, but since everybody is raving about it, I might. If I can still find it :)

We wont get the Lone Ranger Hot Toys. Some did really great mock-ups, but until Hammer gets a Hot Toys head (or equivalent) I will wait. Hammer made Lone Ranger into this amazing movie experience, that it is.

Yup. The "social justice warriors" pretty much killed this poor movie. Obsession with political correction and overly-sensitive morons made sure everyone felt the same way they did and shoved it down your throat if you didnt agree.

Yup. The "social justice warriors" pretty much killed this poor movie. Obsession with political correction and overly-sensitive morons made sure everyone felt the same way they did and shoved it down your throat if you didnt agree.

The ironic thing is, there aren't many ways the younger generation can learn about the dispossession of Native Americans these days. The Lone Ranger showed it, even though its casting was controversial. It's a shame more people didn't see it.

Not to fond of his face...

Yeah, it's probably NECA's worst face, although the unmasked version looks alright, which is ironic since the mask itself looks amazing on the otherwise crappy unmasked head. Luckily, the quarter-scale version has a great face, and the flaws of the smaller version are almost never apparent in photos.

The ironic thing is, there aren't many ways the younger generation can learn about the dispossession of Native Americans these days. The Lone Ranger showed it, even though its casting was controversial. It's a shame more people didn't see it.

Agreed. The movie is totally PC/leftist propaganda, and yet the left threw it under the bus. Funny times.

The 1/4 face is pretty nice though, right? Sucks that we got an 18" Ranger but not a (decent) 12" one.

I too am waiting on an Armie head from HT or similar. Hopefully he'll play Captain Marvel in Shazam. The good thing about the Ranger's "generic" costume is it's easy to customise.

Back