The Lone Ranger movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ Disney is going to market this as Tonto and the Lone Ranger. I'm sure the film will be the other way around.

I don't mind Depp, but Disney is clearly using their POTC success to infuse interest in this film. I liked the Lone Ranger growing up, but I'm not sure how much interest there is with audiences to see an updated version. It's like remaking Davy Crockett. What bugs me most about this is that either they couldn't, or didn't even bother, casting a Native American in the role of Tonto.

I don't mind Depp, but Disney is clearly using their POTC success to infuse interest in this film. I liked the Lone Ranger growing up, but I'm not sure how much interest there is with audiences to see an updated version. It's like remaking Davy Crockett. What bugs me most about this is that either they couldn't, or didn't even bother, casting a Native American in the role of Tonto.
Depp and his reps are quick to remind detractors he's one quarter Cherokee or something like that. Of course with all that white face paint does it matter?

Ill be watching it! They don't show much, but what they've shown so far looks pretty good to me! Can't wait to see more of this! :rock

Back