The Last of Us - PS3 & PS4 (Remastered)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Between PS3 and 4, I've probably beaten this game in various difficulties 12-15 times. This isn't some fanboy brag, only to serve as the preface for what I just noticed.

I'm playing Survivor difficulty, and trying to go the whole game without using a med kit. I had very low orange health when I started the Suburbs sniper part. I kept going right, like I have for every single playthrough. And I kept getting tagged by the sniper who has apparently become a drone / Terminator - he was shooting me through boarded up windows inside houses. As if his omniscience wasn't bad enough, you have his **** head voice taunting you every kill, making the rage build.

So after the dozenth time getting killed, I looked around and thought, "Wait, can I go left?" So I did, and made my way up and giddily tapped square to stab that sumbitch.

But the point of all this was that I've played this game so much, and so much of it was "back of my hand" familiar, that doing a level differently genuinely made me feel weird.

This isn't that interesting, I know. But I felt like talking about the game, and had nothing else new to say.

I've always gone left, and I didn't find the right side until at least 12 playthroughs. Although I find left much easier.

I thought you couldn't go right since everytime I got shot by the sniper, and left was easier to access.

I tried right a few times, while it's shorter I don't think it was worth the trouble. Left always gave me more places to hide.

Anyone else desperate for a Sideshow 1/4 of Joel and Ellie? Think the image shown when you hit start on the PS4 would be perfect...

Anyone else desperate for a Sideshow 1/4 of Joel and Ellie? Think the image shown when you hit start on the PS4 would be perfect...

Since I only collect 1/6 figures nowadays I would rather see a Hot Toys treatment. Not that 1/4 statues aren't cool or anything, fact is this game needs more collectibles and ND should capitalize on that. :lecture

fact is this game needs more collectibles and ND should capitalize on that. :lecture

:lecture :exactly:

We are waiting........

o_KYpk8w.gif

We had a bunch from Crash Bandicoot (literally a bunch), there were some Jak and Daxter figures planned but they got cancelled though we have Gaming Heads now, and Uncharted 3 has a surprising amount...why this game doesn't, is beyond me :dunno I really wish I jumped on the Post-Pandemic bundle when the game first came out, I had the opportunity.

i hadnt realized that you could go left but im only playing it through for the 1st time, i guess my natural instinct is to stay right. geez, 12+ playthroughs??? you guys are beast, i couldnt find enough time for all that.

i hadnt realized that you could go left but im only playing it through for the 1st time, i guess my natural instinct is to stay right. geez, 12+ playthroughs??? you guys are beast, i couldnt find enough time for all that.

Because you're always playing Minecraft. :monkey3

Re: The Last of Us - PS3 & PS4 (Remastered)

I got a PS4 for Christmas and have since played through this for the first time. I loved it, awesome game. Definitely in my all time favorites and my GOTY for 2014. I agree about the need for collectibles... I've seen the custom Joel and Ellie that was selling for $1000. I wish HT would get this license... A combo from them would probably be $350-400 depending on the extras.

I've got a small PS4 backlog I'm gonna get through then I plan on replaying. And about the Sniper part, I went left. A lot of cover and used smoke grenades when I got up to the house.

I just got done beating the game for the 3rd time on grounded mode. Now I need to work on my Joel figure again lol.
a1a585cf258c3167cb1807ae50e82154.jpg

Thanks. Yea I haven't seen a Joel figure with it yet other then the guy I bought it from. It wasn't cheap lol. It's my favorite weapon on multiplayer so had to get it haha.

Back