The INDIANA JONES Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PF would be great, and I will be VERY surprised if it doesn't happen. That's not any inside information, but just the sense that the timing is really coming together. And as others mentioned, Sideshow and Lucasfilm already have a good relationship.

I'm a little skeptical that a "full line" on the scale of LOTR or StarWars or even something like GG's Potter would be very feasible, since those series have a much greater variety of key characters. I could imagine a few key scenes doing well sculpted, but Indy himself is pretty much in all of them - so it could get redundant quickly. I guess there are a decent handful of side characters that would make nice mini busts though - melting head nazi would be great. Sallah, Marion and Belloq and maybe Brody might be nice too. I'm thinking of GG's treatment of the matrix series - there were killer sculpts of the two main characters, plus mini busts to round out the other significant players. Some prop replicas could also be great - a 1/3 scale Ark or 1:1 medallion headstaff piece. Maybe Indy's pistol and whip.

Don't get me wrong - Raiders is probably my single favorite film above all others. I saw it with my folks and two brothers when I was a kid, and it was instant love. My Dad had us terrified from his warnings that it was scary. The film itself we handled just fine. :D It's a special memory to me.

It's just not the ensemble universe that lends itself to extravagent collectible representations IMO. But no doubt, a PF Indy is at the VERY TOP of my wish list. I've already promised my Dad one as a gift for his theater room as well! So Sideshow had better come through! :D

I just sold my beloved Sovereign Studios Indy to a fellow board member, but I'd love to see a PF Indy somewhere in the future.

A PF would really make a nice piece! I mean, just think, you get Han and Indy next to each other! Like any kid born from 1973-1983, that's a friggin living dream!

Captain Aldeggon said:
I hope we at least get Dr. Henry Jones Sr. as well. Sean Connery is too important to forget!

Also true. I watched this film a few months back in my Dad's Theater. I had forgotten how good a film it is. And it's the Father-Son dynamic that really shines and makes it work. Nothing can touch Raiders, but #3 was great, and here's hoping for a fun day at the theater (at least) with #4. :cool:

spaceman said:
But no doubt, a PF Indy is at the VERY TOP of my wish list.

I heard that.

I want a PF Indy so much, I actually found myself trying to justify the cost of the Cinemaquette. Don't get me wrong, if you can afford to drop that kinda cash on something like that, God bless. They look amazing. But a $350 PF as opposed to a $2000 Cinemaquette?

I'll take that any day of the week, even if it isn't as highly detailed.

I'll be keepin' those fingers crossed for 2008...

I'd really like to see nice, but affordable 1:6 representations of all the artifacts Jones hunted as well as a 1:6 Indy himself. Think of how awesome a display with the Ark could be.

As far as bad guys go, there are plenty of 1:6 scale Nazis for Indy to beat up on.

I'd like to see a PF for those of you that are into such things, but I have no interest in it myself.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I'll buy whatever they produce. PF, 1:6, whatever!

I think it's my lusting after the Cinemaquette that makes me yearn for the more affordable Sideshow PF. But yeah...sign me up for some 1:6 scale figures, too!

The Boot said:
I heard that.
I want a PF Indy so much, I actually found myself trying to justify the cost of the Cinemaquette. Don't get me wrong, if you can afford to drop that kinda cash on something like that, God bless. They look amazing. But a $350 PF as opposed to a $2000 Cinemaquette? I'll take that any day of the week, even if it isn't as highly detailed

Back Atcha ;) Sounds like we're on the same page here. The cinemaquette is quite beautiful - if a little TOO creepily realistic (That's just the justification we'll use for why we didn't really want it anyway, thanks :D ) But I didn't consider it for very long either. I know my homies at Sideshow will come through for us! :lol

WOW! I'm glad to see so many people on board for an Indy PF and 1/6 line. I've been championing the cause with Wor-Gar for about a year and a half now! I have a 'strong' feeling we'll see this as an SS license before too long...As mentioned in previous posts, the relationship between SS and Lucasfilm is already really strong...and with a 4th film on the way next year, the INTEREST will peak in those who may not be 'on board' just yet...although judging from all the Indy threads we've been championing, it seems to me SS would have NO trouble selling 2,000 or 3,000 Indy Raiders PF's and several thousand 1/6 figures right NOW! I CANNOT wait! I can see the annoncement already...just the simple silhouette of the man with the hat and whip! GOOSEBUMPS! :D

I couldn't help drooling a bit over that cinemaquette Indy, too...but he's waaaay out of my price range at the moment.:monkey2 If we keep hounding Sideshow on a regular basis, they're bound to take the idea under serious consideration...how could they possibly go wrong? And as Indy Fett says, with their great Lucas connection and the renewed interest that's bound to follow the next Indy movie, it seems practically inevitable they'll be anouncing a new Indy Jones line in the not too distant future. In the meantime, let's keep the dream alive right here!
:chew :chew :chew

Y'know, I go back and forth with that Cinemaquette. The detail on the outfit is astounding...like, jaw-droppingly beautiful. The pose is inspired. (really! by the re-release poster!) But his face...I don't know, for 2 grand, the face doesn't thrill me.

Especially when you consider the T-850 Arnold they made for Terminator 3. That thing's likeness is so good it's creepy.

Then again, if anyone happens to find his/herself with one they need to unload for $350, let me know. I might be able to take it off your hands for you.

Y'know. As a favor to you. :D

Ain't that the truth. Still, if we were talking about a 3 3/4" or a 1:6 figure (hell, even a mini bust), I'd be more inclined to accept something that looks "like the character" or has the "essence" of Ford. Lord knows I've done so in the past.

I just feel that if I'm throwing down serious coin for a Cinemaquette, I want that sucker to scare me with it's authenticity. From what we've seen so far, it looks enough like him but no moreso than any other good Harrison Ford sculpt I've seen.

Man, talkin' all this smack about it really helps to curb my wanton lust for the piece. Denial ain't just a river, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. :rolleyes:

Get that licence, Sideshow!

EDIT: That Marshall College diorama is INSANE, metaphorge! Thanks for the link!

PosterBoyKelly said:
Well 1 thing we've learned, Ford is a tough face to sculpt.

Amen to that! So far the only one that I ever felt got close was the now waaay overpriced Toys McCoy ROTLA Indy that came out about 10 years ago. The expression was rather doll-like, but I think it was probably intentionally done that way, to give it a sort of classic action figure look, which was Toys McCoy's stock in trade at the time. There have been plenty of resin and vinyl garage kits of Indy too over the years, but few of them managed to even come close to nailing Ford's Indy mug for some reason. Anyway, we all know there's still plenty of room for improvement, and it's long overdue!

It is being rumored that the new Indy title will be............................

Indiana Jones and the City of Gods

Kookie said:
It is being rumored that the new Indy title will be............................

Indiana Jones and the City of Gods

That was the title of Frank Darabont's draft that everyone loved. And then Lucas rejected.
:monkey2

This comes from that hazy internet misinformation/rumor/grain of salt/grain of truth area that I love and hate at the same time.

Yes, that's the title of Frank Darabont's (Shawshank Redemption, Green Mile...A Nightmare on Elm Street 3 :rock ) script that Lucas took a huge crap on, but Lucas is known to hang on to names he likes for later use.

Mace Windu, anyone?

It's possible that the new screenplay by David Koepp may still retain that title, we don't really know. A few news outlets have picked it up from the Darabont days and run with it, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's not true. Time will tell, I guess.

I like it, personally. It sounds a little video-game/crappy comic book spin-offish, but at this point, I think any Indiana Jones and... title is gonna sound a little weird at first.

They could still be using the title, I guess. But that does not make this monkey any happier about the Darabont script.....:monkey2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back