The INDIANA JONES Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
jlcmsu said:
If they did the PF first I'd get that too so whatever order is fine with me. :lol

That SSC ROTLA Indy PF is gonna be a HUUUUUGE Seller!

Sign me up for an Indiana Jones PF with Sideshow Exclusive golden idol.
whip.gif

pjam said:
That SSC ROTLA Indy PF is gonna be a HUUUUUGE Seller!

jlcmsu said:
That's no kidding. :rock

Well especially since I'd be buying at least 4 myself...one for each corner of my 'theater room'! :naughty

...Kidding about how many I'd buy of course, but indeed I agree pjam, this would be a HUUUUGELY popular PF if it were the ROTLA Indy in a REALLY cool pose. It would have to be an 'iconic' or 'classic' pose IMHO...less action like the Cinemaquette™, which is cool in it's own way, but I'd like to see more of a "Trust Me" look out of Indy and his stance for the PF...casual, but cool! :D

As for the Golden Idol as the exclusive...what if that (and the Staff of Rah medallion for that matter) came with the regular (along with his gun of course!) and the exclusive were the Map to the Chachapoyan Temple, or the sandbag. I think I'd be upset if I couldn't get my hands on the exclusive for some reason and didn't score the idol or the medallion.

Indiana Fett said:
YES! In fact, The ark could end up being a PF of it's own! in 1/4 it'd still be HUGE!!! :D

Then for Temple, you could get a pulled out heart as the exclusive and Crusade get the holy grail. :chew :chew Anyway, I hope they come out with a 12" Indy as well, don't know if I could afford the PF.

congerking said:
Then for Temple, you could get a pulled out heart as the exclusive and Crusade get the holy grail.

:lol :rotfl :D

The ripped out heart should have a still beating function. I'd display it IN the holy grail.:monkey3

Wor-Gar said:
Back from Toronto to find this thread on page 3! :confused:

Where's the Indy love?

Show support and get what you want.

I do have tons of indy love. I would take an indy over a kurgan any day

Wor-Gar said:
Back from Toronto to find this thread on page 3! :confused:

Where's the Indy love?

Show support and get what you want.

BACK from Toronto and you didn't even stop in to say Hi Wor-Gar! :confused: :D :D

Rumour has it that Shia Lebeuf (or however you pronounce it) might actually play Indiana Jone's son.....:monkey4

"Anything Goes" my ass:monkey1

I personally never saw him having a kid, so I'm not too big a fan of this idea.

Wor-Gar said:
I had no idea. Next time. :)

But man, was it cold this weekend.

You ain't kidding Wor-Gar, you ain't kidding. If I only my Jabba had arrived to keep me warm...should be here in the next couple of days! :D

If the Shia LeBeuf rumor is true (and at this point, it looks like it may be) then my anticipation for this film just plummeted.

Was it not enough that he's going to ruin TRANSFORMERS? Gawd, I hate that annoying little dweeb.

head.gif

I'd just like to add my $.02 and say that I've always thought Indy Jones was the best thing Lucas has ever done. I like Star Wars, too, but when there were still only two or three SW movies out, Indy was by far my favorite. Like many of you, I've been waiting decades for someone to do the definitive Indy in 1:6 or 1:4 scale. About 10 years ago I managed to grab two Toys McCoy Indy Jones ROTLA figs (and the Arabian horses too!) when they were first released here in Japan, (AND got a 20% discount off the SRP!) from a friend who owns a small toy shop. They're still the nicest Indy figures made to date (not including custom figs) that I know of... Of course, they're older gen figures, so there are issues with the clunky GI Joe figure bodies they used and a few other minor points, but the head sculpt was done by Hama (of Billiken fame), and it's still one of the best IMO. But there's ALWAYS room for more Indy, and with all the improvements in 1:6 scale figures now, Sideshow ought to be able to make a really impressive Indy at a reasonable price. I'm with everyone else on this quest, and I hope we can convince them to make it happen in the not too distant future!!!

Can't let this thread fall to page 2! And I agree about your love for the Indy films Mudshark. While I loved the original Star Wars trilogy when I was a kid...and I mean LOVED it, there was something about Raiders of the Lost Ark that hit me even harder. I was around 8 when it came out, and must have seen it in the theater at least 5 times that summer with my older bro. I think it was because it was just such a cool adventure that took place here on earth, so I could identify with it being more plausible than Star Wars' outerworldly action, even though the Star Wars films did look incredibly cool.

To this day, Raiders is one of my ALL TIME favourite films...One of my top three for sure. I think it stands the test of time better than SW...Probably because it doesn't look so 70's (helps that it's a period piece set in the 30's!) and Lawrence Kasdan's script is nowhere near as corny as some of the lines in Star Wars. However, both sets of films are absolute classics anyway you slice it (Even if Jedi and Temple of Doom are weaker than the others...) :)

This thread continues to need rescue. Surprising. I know that everyone on this forum is an Indiana Jones fan. I had hoped this thread would generate excitement, along with the Indy IV announcement, so that SS and other companies could see the value in making 1/6th figures from the films. Please help keep this thread alive and maybe we'll see these figures come to life. We have Batman, Superman, Robocop, Luke Skywalker, Aragorn, Arnold, James Bond, Jack Sparrow, Rambo, Rocky, even unlikely figures like Sarah Connor and Ripley at long last... and I can't imagine a complete 1/6th display of action heroes without Indiana Jones.

Wor-Gar said:
Since the ALIENS thread began almost a year ago, a lot of amazing things have happened...especially tomorrow!
cough**highlander **cough :monkey3

but yeah I'd love to see a indy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back