The INDIANA JONES Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Darklord Dave said:
I don't think a 1/6 line is likely, but a one off PF seems pretty assured. However if they don't announce it before the Cinemaquette goes on sale, It's going to be tough for me to decide between them. Having seen the CMQ in person I think the headsculpt is dead-on, and there's a lot to be said for real hair if done right. The SSC PF would have to be a real wowser to bring me back over. And it would have to be announced before a dropped the grand and a half on the CMQ.

I don't think we're likely to get a whole 1:6 line out of it, but it's hard for me to believe that SST can't make a bundle on two or three Indy variants, though I do imagine the development costs for a nice but mass-produce-able whip and jacket would be a bit of a challenge.

I'll probably finally break down and put together a custom, but I'm not going to drop a mint on the outfit until I see what Sideshow does or does not do.

Last edited:
I think a 1:6 Indy line is a pretty good bet. $tar Bore$ is the only line they are producing anymore because it is the only thing making the $$$. Indy is another hot property so they will milk it for all they can get. However, they will leave out 1 or 2 key figures like Mola Ram or Belloq which will be the equivalent of the Medieval Kurgan.

Wor-Gar said:
Wsegars has a kit up on ebay again right now. BIN $199. I guess he did so well on his last sale, he's decided to sell just the kit.

Its excellent -- best 1/6th Ark I've ever seen. I wish it wasn't $200 though. My figures desperately need an Ark!

is that MIKE SCARDILLO's Ark?

https://groups.msn.com/mikes12indyc...mindianajonesactionfiguresandaccessories.msnw

not sure f it is but i contacted Mike recently and he said it would be $140 to get one directly thru him "I usually get $140.00 lemmie know, It comes with the (wooden) CRATE and LIGHTS UP too :)" so i'm guessing it's all put together. might be a better deal for some.

Mookeylama said:
is that MIKE SCARDILLO's Ark?

https://groups.msn.com/mikes12indyc...mindianajonesactionfiguresandaccessories.msnw

not sure f it is but i contacted Mike recently and he said it would be $140 to get one directly thru him "I usually get $140.00 lemmie know, It comes with the (wooden) CRATE and LIGHTS UP too :)" so i'm guessing it's all put together. might be a better deal for some.

I don't think that's one of Mike's, I have one of his and it's mostly made of wood. The one's on ebay appear to be cast entirely of resin.

Murderofcrows71 said:
I don't think that's one of Mike's, I have one of his and it's mostly made of wood. The one's on ebay appear to be cast entirely of resin.
ah. good to know. thanks. heck i'd rather have a wooden one than resin anyway. plus seems like Mike's is all put together w/ the bells and whistles AND cheaper.

I bet SS would KILL to get an Indiana Jones license. Its probably Lucasfilm that's holding up our joy. Since there hasn't been a Daniel Craig BOND 12" yet, I bet that we'd get just as many classic Indys from the line as well as stuff for Indy IV.

One of my favorite things about SS 12" figures is the HANDS. I think they have the best hands in the 1:6 scale biz. But if the DO get a 12" Indy license, the one thing they will need to start making is FISTS. Can you imagine having a way-cool Sideshow Indiana Jones, with a gun hand, a whip hand,.... and NO fists??? Gotta be able to punch the lights outta all your DRAGON and DID Nazis!!!!

And I bought a custom Indy off of a guy on eBay, and his Indy jacket is AMAZING. And it AINT leather. It's a cotto, that her drybrushed to LOOL like leather, and it looks moe leathery than any pleather jacket I've ever seen in all my 1:6 scale years..... It can be done!

Yay, Sideshow!

-AH!

I didn't tale the time to read through all 13 pages but I would love to see a Indy figure, mostly just a 1/6th scale for me. But in all honesty I would hope that Hot Toys would produce it over SS, just my opinion on the subject, I feel they would do a better job.

The general theory is that Harrison was the hold up for any Indy license as he was reluctant to give likeness rights. However Cinemaquette has managed to secure those rights, so there's no reason Sideshow couldn't.

And I have to agree about the hands are what set SSC figures apart. I'd never thought about no fists, but it's a good point. I can't recall any SSC figure that has had one.

Atom Hues said:
I bet SS would KILL to get an Indiana Jones license. Its probably Lucasfilm that's holding up our joy. Since there hasn't been a Daniel Craig BOND 12" yet, I bet that we'd get just as many classic Indys from the line as well as stuff for Indy IV.

One of my favorite things about SS 12" figures is the HANDS. I think they have the best hands in the 1:6 scale biz. But if the DO get a 12" Indy license, the one thing they will need to start making is FISTS. Can you imagine having a way-cool Sideshow Indiana Jones, with a gun hand, a whip hand,.... and NO fists??? Gotta be able to punch the lights outta all your DRAGON and DID Nazis!!!!

And I bought a custom Indy off of a guy on eBay, and his Indy jacket is AMAZING. And it AINT leather. It's a cotto, that her drybrushed to LOOL like leather, and it looks moe leathery than any pleather jacket I've ever seen in all my 1:6 scale years..... It can be done!

Yay, Sideshow!

-AH!
I bought that same jacket on ebay along with their Indy shirt. Pricey, but they're the best I've ever seen. I'm still missing a few items to complete my Indy though.
I agree, Sideshow does sculpt the best male hands in the business, however Hot Toys Hands are close behind.

Atom Hues said:

Yay, Sideshow!

-AH!

screamingmetal said:
I bought that same jacket on ebay along with their Indy shirt. Pricey, but they're the best I've ever seen. I'm still missing a few items to complete my Indy though.
I agree, Sideshow does sculpt the best male hands in the business, however Hot Toys Hands are close behind.

Can one of you guys PM me the ebay seller id so I can look for this jacket and shirt too. I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks! :D

...And Atom, I agree with all your comments about multiple Indy hands with a potential SS version...Now SS, just bring it on! :chew

Indiana Fett said:
Can one of you guys PM me the ebay seller id so I can look for this jacket and shirt too. I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks! :D

...And Atom, I agree with all your comments about multiple Indy hands with a potential SS version...Now SS, just bring it on! :chew
It's such a long time ago that I can't track down the lady's Ebay address although I have an inkling of which one it might be.
I do have her email address, I'm not sure if she's the actual seamstress that made the jacket and shirt or just a reseller.
I'll PM you her Email.

Last edited:
Indiana Fett said:

Hmmm. I just checked my favorite eBay sellers, and it says the customizer, dreamntigers, is no longer registered.

Here's the link to his most recent Indy auction:

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160078769174

I didn't personally dig the head, but the rest was pure and absolute 1/6 scale GOLD...

-AH!

Last edited:
screamingmetal said:

I'll back you up on that assessment! Do you remember when 21st Century did those hands-only sets back in 1999, 2000. I'd sure love it if Sideshow and Hot Toys did some accessory sets of JUST hands....

Speaking of hands, I'd love it if Indy had punchin' hands, shootin' hands, and whippin' hands. A hand to hold valuable artifacts, and maybe a set fo gloved hands, as he seemed to spent most of RAIDERS with gloves on.

On a side not, how cool would it be if Sideshow's inevitable ANH Han Solo came with a set of hands wearing the racing gloves he wore in Ep IV?

-AH!

screamingmetal said:
It's such a long time ago that I can't track down the lady's Ebay address although I have an inkling of which one it might be.
I do have her email address, I'm not sure if she's the actual seamstress that made the jacket and shirt or just a reseller.
I'll PM you her Email.

Atom Hues said:
Hmmm. I just checked my favorite eBay sellers, and it says the customizer, dreamntigers, is no longer registered.

I didn't personally dig the head, but the rest was pure and absolute 1/6 scale GOLD...

-AH!

Thanks you guys...and thanks for the PM screamingmetal. I checked the ebay link Atom...the clothing looks FANTASTIC. The headsculpt could use some work there, but I really just wanted to see the gear. I see the seller got two pretty harsh negatives in a row, probably why they're showing as 'not registered' currently while that gets sorted out...

Atom Hues said:

-AH!
That's very close to the set I have. The buttons on my shirt are a little larger, but the Jacket is the same. Strange that he says he made the clothing, I got the impression that the lady I ordered mine from made all of the costume since I asked if she could make other types of costumes to which she said she could. I planed on using the whip from Sydney Savage, but I'd love to have a real rawhide bull whip like that. But the Toy's McCoy boots have to go for some Newline Boots.
Atom Hues said:
I'll back you up on that assessment! Do you remember when 21st Century did those hands-only sets back in 1999, 2000. I'd sure love it if Sideshow and Hot Toys did some accessory sets of JUST hands....

Speaking of hands, I'd love it if Indy had punchin' hands, shootin' hands, and whippin' hands. A hand to hold valuable artifacts, and maybe a set fo gloved hands, as he seemed to spent most of RAIDERS with gloves on.

On a side not, how cool would it be if Sideshow's inevitable ANH Han Solo came with a set of hands wearing the racing gloves he wore in Ep IV?

-AH!
Yeah I just posted about that set the other day. I bough one set but they came at a time that my interest in Ultimate Soldier was waning. I still buy their weapon sets though. Sideshow could definitely do a set like that. they did clothing and weapon sets for the Brotherhood of Arms and Platoon series, so it's not virgin territory for them. If anything, Star Wars will likely cause a hand set to get made.
I'd love multiple hands from an Indy figure too, multiple gloved hands would be a must. I'd also want a rifle stock hand as well as a pistol grip hand. They could do multiple releases from the different films, and cover any hand combination they needed to cover including non-gloved fists.
And I hope Sideshow doesn't skip on the glove hands Han used in ANH, they're a must.

We need some indy news, I'm reduced to this

93336823_ee7456dd0c_o.gif

On the hand set front, I thought any other customizers here would enjoy knowing that the hands that come with Legacy Connery Bond are PERFECT for Indiana.

There's a slightly open R. fist that I haven't seen with any other figure. I don't know why it's there, but it's perfect for holding the thin handle of his whip.

There's a relaxed L. hand that has fingers slightly more curled in than the "Force push" hands, and it works well for holding artifacts such as idols, etc. In fact, the figure comes with two of that hand. I don't know why.

There's also a R. pistol grip hand for his revolver. Nice set, eh?

Customikey said:
On the hand set front, I thought any other customizers here would enjoy knowing that the hands that come with Legacy Connery Bond are PERFECT for Indiana.

There's a slightly open R. fist that I haven't seen with any other figure. I don't know why it's there, but it's perfect for holding the thin handle of his whip.

There's a relaxed L. hand that has fingers slightly more curled in than the "Force push" hands, and it works well for holding artifacts such as idols, etc. In fact, the figure comes with two of that hand. I don't know why.

There's also a R. pistol grip hand for his revolver. Nice set, eh?

I'm SO tempted to pick up another one for Club Obi-Wan Dr. Jones if I could find a decent headsculpt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back