The I ACTUALLY like the new GI JOE movie thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
actually bitter and sour are different things.... tasted by recepters in different areas of the tongue...

and visually appealing and looks awful are opposites (i think you left out a word somewhere in that sentence)

jerky and twitchy... are different things as well...

twitchy (a word you brought up my the way) is usually a description of someone prone to random movements...

jerky (in the context i used it) is more of a description of the movement itself... in the sense of it being prone to sudden stops and starts or not being a fluid type of movement...

actually the reason they dubbed Jones in the first Hellboy is commonly known...

The studio hoped David Hyde Pierce's name on the posters would bring more people to the theaters than the rest of the cast names...

this backfired on them when pierce insisted that it was Doug Jones performance and refused to be credited for the role or do any publicity...

when the famous actor they hire to dub his voice says that his performance was so good that the dubbing was completely unnecessary... that might say a bit about his skills...

has anyone ever said anything like that about Mr. park's performances???

i have nothing personal against Ray Park...

i just don't think he can act.

but as i said before his martial arts skills are amazing...

Looks like acting isn't your only bad skill...:p That's not what I wrote. Additionally:

In Western culture, the concept of basic tastes can be traced back at least to Aristotle, who cited "sweet" and "bitter", with "succulent", "salt", "pungent", "harsh", "puckery" and "sour" as elaborations of those two basics.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic_taste#Basic_taste

It's okay though. I equate your "bad actor" identity method much the same as I would the likelihood of a blind man spotting another blind man across the street. ;)

Last edited:
Looks like acting isn't your only bad skill...:p That's not what I wrote. Additionally:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic_taste#Basic_taste

It's okay though. I equate your "bad actor" identity method much the same as I would the likelihood of a blind man spotting another blind man across the street. ;)

what isn't what you wrote?!?!? your post was quoted at the top of mine.

you might want to read the rest of that wikipedia article , dude... if you had you might have read things like...

"Scientists describe five basic tastes: bitter, salty, sour, sweet, and umami (described as savory, meaty, or brothy)."

and the sentence right after the one you quoted...

"The ancient Chinese Five Elements philosophy lists slightly different five basic tastes: bitter, salty, sour, sweet and spicy. Japanese and Indian cultures each add their own sixth taste to the basic five"

or this one which backs up my initial assertion (and disproves yours)...

"The receptors for all known basic tastes have been identified. The receptors for sour and salty are ion channels while the receptors for sweet, bitter and umami belong to the class of G protein coupled receptors."

but frankly at this point you are simply grasping at straws...

if you can't handle someone having a different opinion than you about Ray Park's acting abilities( or the complete lack thereof) then Tough...

life is like that...
our opinions are different... live with it.

at this point you have managed to turn this debate both childish and circular...

even if i'm wrong about Park (i'd love someone to post a clip that proved i was) why does it matter so much to you... are you his mom or something?

get over it.

:horse

what isn't what you wrote?!?!? your post was quoted at the top of mine.

you might want to read the rest of that wikipedia article , dude... if you had you might have read things like...

"Scientists describe five basic tastes: bitter, salty, sour, sweet, and umami (described as savory, meaty, or brothy)."

and the sentence right after the one you quoted...

"The ancient Chinese Five Elements philosophy lists slightly different five basic tastes: bitter, salty, sour, sweet and spicy. Japanese and Indian cultures each add their own sixth taste to the basic five"

or this one which backs up my initial assertion (and disproves yours)...

"The receptors for all known basic tastes have been identified. The receptors for sour and salty are ion channels while the receptors for sweet, bitter and umami belong to the class of G protein coupled receptors."

but frankly at this point you are simply grasping at straws...

if you can't handle someone having a different opinion than you about Ray Park's acting abilities( or the complete lack thereof) then Tough...

life is like that...
our opinions are different... live with it.

at this point you have managed to turn this debate both childish and circular...

even if i'm wrong about Park (i'd love someone to post a clip that proved i was) why does it matter so much to you... are you his mom or something?

get over it.

:horse

It's not childish and the only thing that's circular is your judgment. You've offered no substantial validation for your point. And frankly, you're asinine posting is what's ridiculous. You think someone's a bad actor because you are. That's absurd. You haven't seen the individual act outside of his typecast campy or costumed roles and are basing your opinion off of your inadequacies. You really have no ground to stand on in this argument. I'm not saying he's a potential Oscar winner, all I'm saying is based on what we've seen, there's not enough to say either way.

Case in point, yourself. I know you're an intelligent individual who can offer substantial critique at any given time. If I took what I've seen here and judged you by it, I'd think you were a close-minded idiot. I know that's not the case and am frankly sad to see you keyholing another individual in the same manner. :huh

Case in point, yourself. I know you're an intelligent individual who can offer substantial critique at any given time. If I took what I've seen here and judged you by it, I'd think you were a close-minded idiot. I know that's not the case and am frankly sad to see you keyholing another individual in the same manner. :huh

I'm thinking the same thing. Fact is, Ray Park is a bankable performer who has been in two very successful films, and he played Chuck Norris ferchisakes! While he hasn't done as much work as Doug Jones, he has done a lot. Comparing the two is pointless. They are different actors who have played dynamically different characters.

Bottom line is, he wouldn't be getting work if he couldn't do the job.

Bottom line is, he wouldn't be getting work if he couldn't do the job.

Perhaps that's why he rarely gets any speaking roles....

doesn't it seem a bit fishy to you that the casting directors only hire the guy for stuff that barely requires any lines or for that matter even much screen time...

as i've said repeatedly ... i hope i'm wrong... it would be very very cool to have a performer onscreen who can both act and do the cool sorts of moves that MR park can...

all i'm saying is that all the evidence i've seen says otherwise and the conspicuous lack of meatier roles seems to show that the people in hollywood who have auditioned him don't have much faith in him either...

we keep going around and round here... so lets stop belaboring the same points over and over...

i say that we either agree to disagree on this one or as i said before... feel free to prove me wrong by posting a youtube clip of a performance where you think the guy exhibits real acting skill...

i'll gladly admit to being wrong if someone shows me some real evidence...

Your one-sentence paragraphs hurt my eyes. Please stop.

grammarpolice.jpg

great... now all that's left for this silly debate to reach rock bottom is for somebody to compare their opponent to Hitler... :duh

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_Law

Here's a random thought after seeing the new Hot Toys John Connor figure. If SSC is making "GI Joe A Real American Hero" figures is it conceivable that Hot Toys could make figures based off of "GI Joe Rise of Cobra"? What a waste that would be!

As much as a cluster^^^^ as this film is going to be....at least Destro's design looks passable.

Rise%20Of%20Cobra%20Destro-thumb-570x759.jpg

good-grief-charlie-brown.jpg

Good grief....

Looks like the stupid Dr. Doom from the FF movies.

Worse, the Doctor Doom from the Corman movie... :yuck

EDIT: Just noticed everyone else is saying it looks like the Doom from the Corman movies in the other threads :rotfl. Good to know we're all on the same page about this movie's level of ass sucking.

Last edited:
CGI!!!

How lame.

:lol

At least Dr. Doom's mask was a real prop.

OMG. Can't stop laughing!

:rotfl

Back