The I ACTUALLY like the new GI JOE movie thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they probably passed on the used carsman story to prevent the company from being sued by used cars slaesman who would feel that the movie was anit-used cars salesmen

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JOE! at WonderCon. Pretty much confirms what most of us are worried about. WTF?! A highly successful Hasbro toy license with a highly popular cartoon and a fairly substantial comic series by Marvel (issue #1 was all over the place for $150) and not even a panel. I thought there might even be a panel discussing the several new IDW series, but I couldn't find it. Not in the program, not asking around. This close to D-Day and nothing. No promos, no panel, zip, zero, nada for the license.

To add insult to injury, all Ray Park had to say was that he was honored to have been able to play Snake Eyes but wasn't happy that it was yet another non-speaking role and just gave a smile and a shake of the head when I asked him his opinion about the movie. I fully expect this movie to hit theaters, bounce, and land straight on DVD in like 3 months.... where it'll rot on Blockbuster's shelves, like their low-budget "D" movies, as a Blockbuster Exclusive because nobody else wants to carry it. :huh

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JOE! at WonderCon. Pretty much confirms what most of us are worried about. WTF?! A highly successful Hasbro toy license with a highly popular cartoon and a fairly substantial comic series by Marvel (issue #1 was all over the place for $150) and not even a panel. I thought there might even be a panel discussing the several new IDW series, but I couldn't find it. Not in the program, not asking around. This close to D-Day and nothing. No promos, no panel, zip, zero, nada for the license.

To add insult to injury, all Ray Park had to say was that he was honored to have been able to play Snake Eyes but wasn't happy that it was yet another non-speaking role and just gave a smile and a shake of the head when I asked him his opinion about the movie. I fully expect this movie to hit theaters, bounce, and land straight on DVD in like 3 months.... where it'll rot on Blockbuster's shelves, like their low-budget "D" movies, as a Blockbuster Exclusive because nobody else wants to carry it. :huh

If Snake-Eyes himself confirms what a disaster we already know this film is then this thread is just as pointless.

Nope. Because his movie has absolutely nothing to do with any toys that I played with as a kid. Power Rangers and Robocop fans might have reason to be upset though. ;)

Yeah, I think people who this movie is geared toward are still in childhood. if you're going to be mad at anything, be mad about the mouth on Snake Eyes.

Ray Park really did that when you asked?
That's sad. All of us love Ray Park and you'd
think him being Snake Eyes would be enough
to save the movie, unfortunately, the costume
department and script writers sought to nix that. :(

You know, I could even live with that. It's the bastardization of just about everything else. :mad:

Yeah, if the script we all read is close to the
real deal (and according to all of the action
in the trailer, it seems spot on.) they take jabs
at all the G.I. Joe tag lines, like "Knowing is half
the battle" and also mention "Kung-Fu grip" in
ways that'll make your skin crawl.
At least, mine did. :banghead

Ray Park really did that when you asked?
That's sad. All of us love Ray Park and you'd
think him being Snake Eyes would be enough
to save the movie, unfortunately, the costume
department and script writers sought to nix that. :(

Yeah, if the script we all read is close to the
real deal (and according to all of the action
in the trailer, it seems spot on.) they take jabs
at all the G.I. Joe tag lines, like "Knowing is half
the battle" and also mention "Kung-Fu grip" in
ways that'll make your skin crawl.
At least, mine did. :banghead

Yup. But again, just for the record, he didn't say anything bad about G.I. Joe. Him being in 7 films between X-Men and G.I. Joe didn't help them either:

# King of Fighters (2009) (post-production) .... Rugal
# Hellbinders (2009) (completed) .... Max
# Fanboys (2008) .... THX Security Guard #2
# What We Do Is Secret (2007) .... Brendan Mullen
# Slayer (2006) (TV) .... Acrobatic Twins
# Potheads: The Movie (2005) .... Mr. D
# Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever (2002) .... Ross

So it would appear that Hollywood just doesn't know how to handle his talent. :lol I really hope G.I. Joe doesn't ruin his career. He'll likely pull off the role in spades! I was stoked when I found out they'd cast him as SE and still happy they did. It's the rest of their decisions that make Rise of Cobra a floatie. It'd be a shame if his legacy begins and dies in mediocrity with Darth Maul being his only claim to success.

Other than karate moves and playing with staffs, what else does he bring to the table?

If you've ever met the guy you'd know that he's by no means a stupid man and has enough charisma to pull off a leading role in a good movie. But the stereotype in which you cornered him is sadly what he's stuck being typecast as.

If you've ever met the guy you'd know that he's by no means a stupid man and has enough charisma to pull off a leading role in a good movie. But the stereotype you mentioned is sadly what he's stuck being typecast as.

Yes sir, I met him at a Convention. He is a class act.

If you've ever met the guy you'd know that he's by no means a stupid man and has enough charisma to pull off a leading role in a good movie. But the stereotype in which you cornered him is sadly what he's stuck being typecast as.

One word: Toad

Plus, the dude is pumped!
I remember the first time I saw him
at a convention, he walked out in a muscle
shirt and I thought, "Holy crap! Darth Maul is ripped!" :horror
HAHA! :lol

Yeah, I had doubts when I heard that the 'Joe
movie was being made because I never really like
it when movies are made of things I like. It's hard
to explain, but the movies kinda "tape over" your
interpretation of the characters and become cannon.
(Like, Spider-Man is now Tobey Maguire and not the
guy I saw in the comics as a kid.) It's weird, I guess.
Anyway, when I heard Ray Park was Snake Eyes,
my first impression was:

HELL YES!!! :banana

Then, the first photo of Snake Eyes in costume
came out and my next impression was:

HOLY @#&! THAT ROCKS!!! :woo :rock

Fast forward to now and my impression is:

:eek: :slap :rip

I'm still kind of stoked to see what Ray Park brings to the role of Snake Eyes. They're both non speaking martial arts experts so you'd think it'd be a natural progression for RP.

Last edited:
Back