The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Hobbit: There and Back Again

Good production update. Thanks for posting that. I missed it somehow on facebook. :lol

Also, as much as I love the Hobbit, when at 3:20 they showed the Lord of the Rings stuff, I got goosebumps. No matter how many times I have seen it, it still always draws emotions out of me. :bow

yeah, when I saw that I was remembered again just how AMAZING those movies are and how hard it must be to at least maintain that level of quality in the Hobbit movies. Not sure what you mean though with the guy riding "you know what." It seems like a random dwarf riding a horse at the Battle of the Five Armies?

@The Chev

The MM theme is sprinkled and teased throughout the score, I can't name the tracks off the top of my head but the one I linked ya was one of them. Not the full theme of course, but a part of it.

yeah, when I saw that I was remembered again just how AMAZING those movies are and how hard it must be to at least maintain that level of quality in the Hobbit movies. Not sure what you mean though with the guy riding "you know what." It seems like a random dwarf riding a horse at the Battle of the Five Armies?

@The Chev

The MM theme is sprinkled and teased throughout the score, I can't name the tracks off the top of my head but the one I linked ya was one of them. Not the full theme of course, but a part of it.

Understood. Thanks for that. I did hear it in the selection you posted. The video doesn't work, but I have the soundtrack.

Also, as much as I love the Hobbit, when at 3:20 they showed the Lord of the Rings stuff, I got goosebumps. No matter how many times I have seen it, it still always draws emotions out of me. :bow

The Score for the LoTR trilogy is timeless.

I remember people not liking it when Fellowship came out. My Math Teacher at the time was a big LOTR fan and he said the score sounded too much like Titanic.:cuckoo:

Oh wow, that YouTube account actually just got closed by YouTube. Yikes.

Hopefully this will work.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJcolK0H4hw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJcolK0H4hw[/ame]

Theme starts at 3:23 and ends at around 3:50.

I love the music to these movies. I can't count how many times I've listened to them over the last 12 years.

Yeah, I knew Shore only composed this score. Still sounded beautiful.

Found some more

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24hMkfwlgDg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24hMkfwlgDg[/ame]

0:50 to 1:18 and 3:40 to 3:55. Neither contains the complete theme in it's original form, just bits and pieces.

I thought I had this ordered but I guess I didn't. Must've forgot to pull the trigger. :lol

I love the music to these movies. I can't count how many times I've listened to them over the last 12 years.

Yeah, I knew Shore only composed this score. Still sounded beautiful.

Also, the LOTR scores always remind me of Christmas as well.

Nice! I just like to listen to them while I read the books to just relax in the house.

Nice! I just like to listen to them while I read the books to just relax in the house.

I think I'm going to re-read LOTR starting tomorrow.

So, I had my mother ask me who is Galadriel in relation to all elves? Is she like the ruler of all of them?

So, I had my mother ask me who is Galadriel in relation to all elves? Is she like the ruler of all of them?

Sweet! I'm about halfway through Fellowship.

Next to Feanor was was the greatest of all the Elves so I'd say she was. Without a doubt she was the greatest Elf in Middle-earth during the Third Age.

She's very old (she was born before the First Age), wise, and powerful, plus she caries one of the elven rings of power, Nenya. Although she and Celeborn never saw themselves as "rulers" or leaders, they were guardians. She's also a niece of Fëanor which was one of the makers of the Silmarils (or THE maker, not sure). So yeah, she's pretty important. :wink1:

Back