The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Hobbit: There and Back Again

She's very old (she was born before the Second Age), wise, and powerful, plus she caries one of the elven rings of power, Nenya. Although she and Celeborn never saw themselves as "rulers" or leaders, they were guardians. She's also a niece of Fëanor which was one of the makers of the Silmarils (or THE maker, not sure). So yeah, she's pretty important. :wink1:

Born in the first age ...corrected

Born in the first age ...corrected

Correct, before the first in Valinor. My mistake! ;P

For a long time I thought Galadriel was maiar as well because of her power and reverence people like Gandalf and Saruman show to her. Is Galadriel more powerful then Gandalf or Saruman? In the films she always seems to have this overwhelming stature of power of the others of the White Council. But she can't be as powerful as gandalf for instance, right?

Last edited:

I think she does, it's just her powers are different than his.

Correct, before the first in Valinor. My mistake! ;P

For a long time I thought Galadriel was maiar as well because of her power and reverence people like Gandalf and Saruman show to her. Is Galadriel more powerful then Gandalf or Saruman? In the films she always seems to have this overwhelming stature of power of the others of the White Council. But she can't be as powerful as gandalf for instance, right?

I would put a Majar as more powerful and higher rank than any elf even though she came from a premium pedigree. Majar ranks include the ishtari, balrogs, Sauron, even maybe dragons, maybe even ungoliant....

Ungoliant was powerful, but I never got the impression she was any type of Maiar. Just some dark powerful monstrosity with an unexplained origin.

There really isn't any info on her origins. It's widely thought she was an evil spirit that took the form of a giant spider. Similar to say The Goblin King.

What did Sauron look like before he became Evil?

I remember in ROTK EE Appendices the scrapped scene where Aragorn fights Sauron began with him appearing as almost an angelic being.

He's a beast no doubt.

The scary part is he was only an underling at one point.

interesting to read about him being able to change into werewolves and Vampire Bats.

Found this looking thru websites. It appears someone photo shopped Jude Law's face, but I imagine he would have looked something like this.

bb2c71b2-f15d-43b5-ab1a-8e94ef34e2a9.jpg

Last edited:

interesting to read about him being able to change into werewolves and Vampire Bats.

Found this looking thru websites. It appears someone photo shopped Jude Law's face, but I imagine he would have looked something like this.

I believe that is the actor/or the look that PJ was going to go for if he put that Sauron Aspect on screen...not 100% sure......but I would love to have that 1/4 head/hair to put on the SS 1/4 Sauron PF..that would kill

I actually like that! :clap

It's alright. If it helps people learn more about the subject matter that's a good thing.

Back