The Figure You Paid Too Much For Because You Wanted It Desperately

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reviving this thread.

Hot Toys Christopher Reeve Superman and SHCC VAMPIRELLA by Tbleague.
Superman was $427.00 shipped new in box.
Vampirella was $400.00 shipped new in box.

2 figures that I plan on keeping forever.

They’re all too expensive. I can’t think of one that I feel I really overpaid for in the aftermarket though. The ones that I paid higher amounts for were two packs (DX07, Scarecrow/Demon Batman). For the most part the ones I got secondhand were probably between like $200-250 (the two packs were more).

I’ve been wanting to get a DX08 but it’s spendy and I haven’t brought myself to buying one yet. I also want to get a QMX McCoy, which I kick myself for because it was available discounted for the longest time at Sideshow. I didn’t have Kirk or Spock at the time and didn’t want just him.

Was willing to overspend on the DX Joker 2.0 but could never pull the trigger. Outside that, if its over initial release price, I usually walk away, unless I’m selling something to help cover the funds for it.

If I could ever find a Blizzard/Sideshow Arthas statue I would spend way too much to acquire one.

Paid 884USD for the LOTR Dark Rider of Mordor PF regular ver. in one of our local shops.

Paid 400 bucks for OC Bats a few years back. Dunno what it’d be worth now, but there’s no way I’d pay that much for it in 2020. I’ve mellowed.

Paid double the retail price for the Enterbay 1/6 Bruce Lee Way of the Dragon figure, back in the day.
In those early days, Enterbay were the ones pushing the industry forward and their early Bruce Lee figures were amazing at the time.

Not a figure but a statue....
fbe838922d40ac3fc9a38ba0ba4cfcf3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Paid double the retail price for the Enterbay 1/6 Bruce Lee Way of the Dragon figure, back in the day.
In those early days, Enterbay were the ones pushing the industry forward and their early Bruce Lee figures were amazing at the time.

Ugh, reminds me of the Bruce heads I bought at $100-a-piece. Those EB figures were great though, leaps and bounds ahead of what anyone else was doing back then.

Hot toys is expensivr but I wasted more money on kubrick star wars chase figures and rare legos.

Definitely my DX11 Joker. Once I started collecting Hot Toys, naturally he was the figure I needed ASAP.

definitely the medicom rah 1/6th raiden. dropped almost 4 bills on him and ended up selling him for way less when getting out of the 1/6th game.

I'm just about to buy the RAH Eva-00 Prototype, Neon Genesis Evangelion. I try not to think of how much I am paying (by my modest means), or I should scarcely be able to sleep o' nights!

I spent about $100 each on the GI Joe Classified Firefly and Viper.

Insane to spend that much on $20 action figures, but I desperately wanted them and that was literally my only option.

No regrets. So far, they're the two best figures in the toyline.

2K???

Was it graded by AFA?

I love vintage Joes but man....they're a ticking time bomb. Even MOC, the elbows will crack from pressure from the rivets, and the plastic will start to discolor even if stored in perfect conditions.

2K???

Was it graded by AFA?

I love vintage Joes but man....they're a ticking time bomb. Even MOC, the elbows will crack from pressure from the rivets, and the plastic will start to discolor even if stored in perfect conditions.

Attachments

• 84DDDCD9-7F9A-4AD2-BC69-DDD011422638.jpeg
    84DDDCD9-7F9A-4AD2-BC69-DDD011422638.jpeg
    50.1 KB · Views: 35
Back