The Figure You Paid Too Much For Because You Wanted It Desperately

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don’t remember most of the amounts, HT ANH Han & Chewy for $650 shipped, 21C Mad Bomber, SS X-Files deluxe Agent Doggett...I know there’s more that I might add later.

Blurry now - wasn't real traumatized:cool: 'coz I started collecting late and it is what it is.

TWS Bucky probably the most expensive...2x retail is my own personal (loose) cut-off for NIB; don't think it was that high but up there. Rescue Cap, CW Black Widow over retail but bearable for NIB.

Gets to the point where I just hafta say no and move on. Did learn to not stay on the fence too long tho!

Every
Single
One......

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

True, especially since I'm in EU, and thus almost every time I pay more than what an US customer would. Heck I have to pay a bit more than a UK or French or German customer would too...

DX11 Joker - I wasn't fully invested in the hobby when he first came out and by the time I knew I wanted one it was too late. To this day, a pre-owned will fetch over $700 on eBay. I didn't want to pay that much, but I did get lucky when I found a buy-it-now for $515 combined with a 15% coupon, so I snagged it for $457 after discount and shipping. I know it's not as expensive as some, but it's the most I've paid for something that wasn't die cast.

Kaneda's bike from Akira. Just had to have it.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Medicom Neo - Matrix Reloaded
Hot Toys - Hicks

Got both around the $250 range. Hicks was trying to beat someone that tried to snipe me online.
Neo thought it was a good looking rare item since it was limited to 2000 pcs.
This is almost 10 years ago too, so that price range was definitely double the retail price. Still have both pieces.

Can’t remember exactly but I think it was around the $2000 range. I bought the bike, Kaneda and Tetsuo all at the same time.

90E157C1-4330-495D-AA04-FFB3E4E4E862.jpg

3924979273031542519.jpg

Hot Toys James Dean red jacket version. Original MSRP was $115. Paid $312.50 for this figure a couple years ago.

My most expensive single item was the Macross Plus YF-19 by Bandai. Just came out last month. It was about $300. I know that's chump change for some of you, but it's the most money I've ever spent on ONE toy.

And on the 4th day I had it, the left leg snapped off. I don't mean it fell apart, I mean it snapped with a horrible plastic rending CRACK that I still hear in my nightmares.

My Sucker Punch Babydoll. They had sold out and she was massively overpriced on eBay but I couldn't hold on and bought her for $250. (standard now but Babydoll retailed for way less)

I once spent 470$ for the HT Blade, which i ended up disliking since it came with broken parts by the seller. Then later i sold it for 170$ just to get rid of it. I once spent 340$ on a HT Ghost Rider, don't regret it though as it's a great piece. I had to put it up though as it took too much space. And last but not least back in march i spent 500$ on a CW War Machine. I am still paying it off with paypal credit. The figure is awesome though and my 1st and only WM figure.

Every
Single
One......

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Ha! Good answer!

I'm pretty careful not to overspend at the time of purchase. Of course, some of my statues have decreased in value and a few have increased, but that's probably a different question.

I've been tempted to overspend on the Weta Masters Collection Gollum. So nice, but so expensive (1.8K plus shipping). I'm going to wait it out and see if there is ever a sale or if the price eventually drops on the secondary market (ebay or elsewhere).

Back