Popcultcha AU

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nekromantik

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello all

For those who have pre ordered figures from Popcultcha Au, do they do first come first serve pre orders so just because you placed a order it does not mean you will get the item?
Item I ordered had ETA of this month and its sold out everywhere else. Apart from one or two smaller US stores so wondering if I need to keep fingers crossed and be prepared to expect refund.

Hello all

For those who have pre ordered figures from Popcultcha Au, do they do first come first serve pre orders so just because you placed a order it does not mean you will get the item?
Item I ordered had ETA of this month and its sold out everywhere else. Apart from one or two smaller US stores so wondering if I need to keep fingers crossed and be prepared to expect refund.
Are we talking about 1/6? HT? I think that’s happened like once with Popcultcha. I’ve ordered figures just before they got released and got one in the first shipment. The chances you will have any issues are incredibly slim. But their estimated dates are often wrong. Eg Doc Ock says Nov 23 and it hasn’t released yet. That figure won’t be this year now.

Are we talking about 1/6? HT? I think that’s happened like once with Popcultcha. I’ve ordered figures just before they got released and got one in the first shipment. The chances you will have any issues are incredibly slim. But their estimated dates are often wrong. Eg Doc Ock says Nov 23 and it hasn’t released yet. That figure won’t be this year now.
1/6 count orlock. not ht. its been released elsewhere.
Its sold out everywhere so making me anxious haha

Hello all

You should have nothing to worry about. They are basically the Sideshow of Australia and a retailer not a reseller. Can it happen? Sure just like it has with SS, but small likelihood.

They generally do yes. If they haven’t in the past is would most likely be a once in a blue moon type of situation.

They’re pretty legit.
thanks guess I just have to wait it out
kinda strange that they dont use insurance for shipping outside of Australia though on expensive figures haha

do you know if they stop pre orders if they ran out of allocated pre order numbers?
I have seen them stop preorders before. Generally you can still find ones at Popcultcha that are sold out on Sideshow. Even those sold out on SS you see show up in stock at PC. I think a lot of that has to do with it being more expensive in Australia to use them than it is to use a reseller.

I think they are a hidden gem if you are in the states because of that and the exchange rate currently. Once they do start to process your order with a tracking number, it will take about 7 days to see any movement (processing time) and then another 5-7 days to receive once shipped.

I have seen them stop preorders before. Generally you can still find ones at Popcultcha that are sold out on Sideshow. Even those sold out on SS you see show up in stock at PC. I think a lot of that has to do with it being more expensive in Australia to use them than it is to use a reseller.

I think they are a hidden gem if you are in the states because of that and the exchange rate currently. Once they do start to process your order with a tracking number, it will take about 7 days to see any movement (processing time) and then another 5-7 days to receive once shipped.
Ah ok.
I am based in UK so been looking at European shops and US shops and no one has in stock haha apart from Popcultcha,

another question for people here, is it common that sugotoys.com.au would be sold out of an item but PopCultcha still have it for order?
also how often do popcultcha miss ETAs? Current ETA is still December 2023 for Count Orlock.

Yes very common because Sugo is a reseller direct from HK.

Yes Popcultcha often miss their estimated dates because they often don’t update them. It might be because they are waiting for an update from their distributor. I had a Super7 figure finally show up nearly a year after their estimated date! But that’s probably an extreme example.

Yes very common because Sugo is a reseller direct from HK.

Yes Popcultcha often miss their estimated dates because they often don’t update them. It might be because they are waiting for an update from their distributor. I had a Super7 figure finally show up nearly a year after their estimated date! But that’s probably an extreme example.
Ah ok.
I hope the Count Orlock figure is there by Feb as everywhere else got it 6 months ago. haha so cant be that far off.

Anyone have any idea when Popcultcha will get their Hot Toys Mark 3 2.0 in? Seems like a lot of retailers have them out and PC still has theirs for pre-order.

They generally do yes. If they haven’t in the past is would most likely be a once in a blue moon type of situation.

They’re pretty legit.
Maybe worth noting that this just happened to someone though with the Blitzway Kurt Cobain figure, see in that thread: Blitzway: Kurt Cobain 1:6 Figure

Their distributor got it in so PC should have it within the week.
How do you tell when distributers get stuff in? I'm wondering when they're gonna get their Threezero Denji..

Maybe worth noting that this just happened to someone though with the Blitzway Kurt Cobain figure, see in that thread: Blitzway: Kurt Cobain 1:6 Figure
Yeah that is what I am expecting for me too as the 1/6 Nosferatu figure is sold out everywhere else. So not sure how they can have enough as they listing both Deluxe and Standard still up for order.
The EU store said they had cancellation and I can have it but PC dont allow refund if you cancel so im stuck which sucks

Yeah that is what I am expecting for me too as the 1/6 Nosferatu figure is sold out everywhere else. So not sure how they can have enough as they listing both Deluxe and Standard still up for order.
The EU store said they had cancellation and I can have it but PC dont allow refund if you cancel so im stuck which sucks
Can you swing getting the other and if PC doesn't cancel, sell that one?

Back