The current state of DC 1/6 collectibles . . . DEAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's hope it'll be both, as well as a 1/6 Michael Gough Alfred with Bat-Armory Safe. I'd buy any character from Burton's Batman films. Vicky Vale, Bob the Goon, Jack Napier, Max Shrek, Selina Kyle, etc.

Would most collectors here prefer reissues/updated released of older figures like 89 Bats and Joker, or would you prefer new figures of unmade characters?

Has Hot Toys always done reissues throughout the years or is this a relatively new thing for them? I've been seeing it a fair bit lately. DX19, Iron Man Mark 5, ROTJ Luke, John Wick (though that one was almost like a second batch shortly after the first wasn't it?), etc.

I'm not sure how I feel about reissues. Updated versions of figures that need updating sure, but straight reissues I'm torn. It's cool that those who missed out get a second chance, but also the entire nature of collectibles is that they are supposed to be "Limited Edition." Then again Hot Toys has never numbered their releases so perhaps it's a different game.

I’d rather have Returns Catwoman, Penguin, Kilmer Batman and Forever Robin than reissues/remakes of ‘89 Batman and Joker.

But, I’d rather have reissues/remakes of ‘89 Batman and Joker than another Iron Man, Spider-Man, Avengers Man, Star Wars Man, Boba Fett Man, Mandoman and Disney Man.

I'm hoping it's this year they finally put the Forever figures up for PO. I got a complete set of metallic Batman Forever trading cards recently, so much nostalgia for the summer of 95.

While we're on reissues or remakes, HT owe us a great Indy this year too for Raiders' 40th anniversary.

I'm hoping it's this year they finally put the Forever figures up for PO. I got a complete set of metallic Batman Forever trading cards recently, so much nostalgia for the summer of 95.

While we're on reissues or remakes, HT owe us a great Indy this year too for Raiders' 40th anniversary.

The rumor mill for 89 reissue/remaster seem strong. I'm trying to figure out if that makes the Forever figures more or less likely.

Dear God I would love for that to happen, but I would be shocked if they do end up doing anything for it.

Could happen since Disney owns Indy now, they will want to cash in on the anniversary especially with the 5th film filming this summer and due out July 2022.

That is one I could seriously get behind. There hasn't really been a truly great Indy yet out of the box, at least by today's standards. I feel like it is now or never if they're gonna do Indy again, with the anniversary as you said along with the upcoming Indy 5 to cap off the franchise.

I?d rather have Returns Catwoman, Penguin, Kilmer Batman and Forever Robin than reissues/remakes of ?89 Batman and Joker.

But, I?d rather have reissues/remakes of ?89 Batman and Joker than another Iron Man, Spider-Man, Avengers Man, Star Wars Man, Boba Fett Man, Mandoman and Disney Man.

:lol:lol

I'm hoping it's this year they finally put the Forever figures up for PO. I got a complete set of metallic Batman Forever trading cards recently, so much nostalgia for the summer of 95. .

I've been eagerly anticipating those since they first displayed. It would be something refreshing than the usual offerings.

89 Bats and Joker with some improvements would make my YEAR as far as HT release news.....the originals were near perfect for me(except the hat hair Joker sculpt)

I don't really see much value in re-releases. A version 2 of batman with different face plate may be fun. And a screen accurate batarang maybe?

Joker I don't think it's likely. Nicholson is hard to get a yes from what I heard. That's why Hot Toys made a Mime version.

I don't really see much value in re-releases. A version 2 of batman with different face plate may be fun. And a screen accurate batarang maybe?

Joker I don't think it's likely. Nicholson is hard to get a yes from what I heard. That's why Hot Toys made a Mime version.

I presume HT still hold the licence so not sure Jack could do anything about it. They released those cosbabies recently.

Both comments above are inaccurate. Nicholson does give his rights but for 6 figures. Cosbabies don't require his approval. If HT are making him, they would need to get his rights again since the original license for his likeness would have only lasted a certain amount of years.

Hot Toys should have made every iteration of him from the film back then. Who knows, we might get a few heads with this rumoured version.

Jedha Patrol has said that there's something coming for DC fans shortly but can't say what. He had the scoop about the IM Mark V reissue as well so hopefully something great. I'm guessing it'll either be DX Joker 3.0 or Phoenix Joker.

Oh boy, something DC related. Could be something awesome like a Pfeiffer Catwoman, or something awful like Cheetah from Wonder Woman 84. :lol :monkey2

I think we're getting the Dark Knight Joker ... again. Which is fine, for everyone wanting it. The Catwoman and Penguin on the other hand ... would be ****ing awesome. Or the Batman Forever. Or the Robin with the huge ....
I would like a rerelease of Gordon, with an updated hs. And peace on Earth.

Back