The current state of DC 1/6 collectibles . . . DEAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A majority of us like the Snyder movies man, please move on and stop constantly posting bashing them. You?re really annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please don?t compare this to lotr. Those were planned out and stuck to the source material. Also he seems like a yes man to me. He let Warner bros ruin his vision twice and didn?t back out. The guy was just a dude they got cause he made a few movies for him and he did what they said each time and didn?t talk back.

His vision may work for YOU. And that?s fine but it?s not a good vision . He failed to capture the masses and majority of fans . WB meddled with his work plenty of times but yet he still keeps coming back instead of standing up for himself and backing out. Why put out crap after crap and then come out with a decent directors cut time and time again ? It?s stupid. He doesn?t have balls at all. He just nodded his head and let Warner?s tarnish his story and then promise his version was better only for it to not be any better than before .

So what?s next he makes a new movie and it sucks cause he wouldn?t push back and then cry online again about how the studio messed up his creation and he wants to release the REAL story?

It?s time for him to go. He had multiple chances but his vision isn?t it. His movies are a bad science experiment of what he wants and Warner bros trying to catch up with marvel .

And honestly I highly doubt his Snyder cut will change anything . The movie looked dumb before whedon came in

We will never agreed, he is a professional at the end of the day, and he respected Warner’s wishes, he did stand by his vision by choosing to be back to finish his work, Snyder work can be view as good or bad depending on the viewer but one thing is a fact, he loves his art.
In the end all you say is hate for hate, you hate him and thats okay, but i am trully sorry that you cant enjoy his vision like most of us.

In the end all you say is hate for hate, you hate him and thats okay, but i am trully sorry that you cant enjoy his vision like most of us.
I don't hate Snyder. I just don't care for his take on the DCEU. I was super excited to watch BvS and saw it on opening night in a fancty theatre. I've never even done that for any MCU or Star Wars or really, any other movie at all. Alas, I didn't really like it.

I expect the folks who enjoyed Snyder's take are actually in the minority, hence the existence of this very thread:

The current state of DC 1/6 collectibles . . . DEAD

As you mentioned, people's tastes are very subjective. Regardless, DCEU wasn't particularly well received by the mass market.

A majority of us like the Snyder movies man, please move on and stop constantly posting bashing them. You?re really annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah Shut up. We are having a debate. Don?t like it then leave . It?s a discussion forum. And me and Jack are discussing why DC is in such a bad state movie wise. It?s the whole point of this thread. Derp! Have u read the thread at all? Nobody is bashing anything. Stop crying. Sensitive fanboys like you are annoying aswell.

Last edited:
We will never agreed, he is a professional at the end of the day, and he respected Warner?s wishes, he did stand by his vision by choosing to be back to finish his work, Snyder work can be view as good or bad depending on the viewer but one thing is a fact, he loves his art.

I don?t hate him? Huh? I just don?t like his vision . And again it seems like you are in the minority. If you like it then it?s cool man but it?s not told well and it?s the reason why this thread is a thing . He did the DC no favors. I respect your opinion tho man. And believe me I wanted to like them but I feel that they are rushed bloated mess of filmsking. And yea I wish I could see what u see but I can?t lol

But I don?t hate Snyder I just don?t think he?s a good director and is t fit for DC. As a fan of DC I think they can do better. Doesn?t mean I hate the guy. I?m sure he?s very nice. I don?t know where u got the hate thing from. I just don?t like his work

Last edited:
I confess the Snyder stuff is beating a dead horse since these arguments have been going on non-stop since 2013. But this thread is about discussing why Hot Toys (and, as I mentioned, other companies as well) have had a general downturn in DCEU merchandise, and that's something that can't be disconnected from the rocky reception of the first few DCEU movies. I'm sorry, but it can't.

We can't have a discussion complaining about the favoritism shown to the MCU by toy companies without acknowledging the simple fact that the Marvel movies have been much, much more popular and well reviewed than the DC ones, hence why Hot Toys and other companies put more emphasis on them. It's a relatively simple thing that for some reason folks don't want to acknowledge. Some would rather spit conspiracy theories about Disney bribing or threatening Hot Toys into ceasing production of DC toys rather than the obvious answers. That's directly connected to the popularity of the respective franchises and it's dishonest to pretend it isn't. That isn't saying you're dumb if you like Batman v Superman or want the Snyder Cut (I love plenty of movies that got bad reviews or weren't popular with audiences), but you can't pretend that what went down doesn't affect the toys. Every time someone on here gets angry that another Iron Man or Spider-Man or Avengers or Venom toy got announced over Cyborg or Steppenwolf or flippin' Lex Luthor, the simple and clear explanation is "They reasonably assumed this would be more profitable than those," but for some reason that's sacrilege around these parts.

I don't mind if there are less DC Collectibles to purchase. To be frank, I don't understand how anyone can get excited over the 6th (or whatever) version of Black Widow, or Hawkeye - as far as I'm concerned, most of the MCU are B, C, or even D level characters. I grew up in the late 70's , early 80's, and the only Marvel characters that anyone cared about were Spidey, Hulk, Fantastic Four, and some of the X-Men. The Avengers were B-Level. It was the DC universe that was popular (based on who kids wanted to be for hallowe'en).
Right now, I am very happy with what Sideshow has done in the their "comic-inspired" DC Line, and can't wait to see where they go with it. I have the version 1 of Bats, Supes, GL, and Joker, and I won't be changing them, but I am really happy with their Flash, and Wonder Woman.
With the TBLeague team-up, the new Harley looks like a decent figure, and I'm sure they will do another Catwoman. But I would really get excited for a few villains like an armored Lex Luthor, or more Batman Rogues, and I'd also love to see comic inspired Aquaman, a new Green Lantern, Hawkman, Firestorm, and even a Robin or two. Sure the pricing on the SS figs are a little high, but I would easily take any of the above list over the "new" Hot Toys TDKR batman.

I don't mind if there are less DC Collectibles to purchase. To be frank, I don't understand how anyone can get excited over the 6th (or whatever) version of Black Widow, or Hawkeye - as far as I'm concerned, most of the MCU are B, C, or even D level characters. I grew up in the late 70's , early 80's, and the only Marvel characters that anyone cared about were Spidey, Hulk, Fantastic Four, and some of the X-Men. The Avengers were B-Level. It was the DC universe that was popular (based on who kids wanted to be for hallowe'en).
Right now, I am very happy with what Sideshow has done in the their "comic-inspired" DC Line, and can't wait to see where they go with it. I have the version 1 of Bats, Supes, GL, and Joker, and I won't be changing them, but I am really happy with their Flash, and Wonder Woman.
With the TBLeague team-up, the new Harley looks like a decent figure, and I'm sure they will do another Catwoman. But I would really get excited for a few villains like an armored Lex Luthor, or more Batman Rogues, and I'd also love to see comic inspired Aquaman, a new Green Lantern, Hawkman, Firestorm, and even a Robin or two. Sure the pricing on the SS figs are a little high, but I would easily take any of the above list over the "new" Hot Toys TDKR batman.
I really want a Sideshow Bane. I would also pay any amount for Kyle Rayner but I Know there's no chance of that, anywhere, ever.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

I grew up in the 90s and it was much the same. Very big on DC with just Spidey and X-Men on the Marvel side. Heck, the only reason Marvel even went with Iron Man/Avengers movies is because Fox and Sony had the movie rights for their big hitters.

It would probably seem very unthinkable to my 7-8 year old Batman-loving self that I'd be more excited about the 8th iteration of Black Widow (BW solo, white suit) than I am DCEU Batman. Heck, my 7-8 year old self doesn't even know who the Black Widow nor the Avengers are. Here we are, though (granted, only started collecting in October so no fatigue yet).

With that said, I'd definitely be down for TB League body Catwoman (either comics, Batman:TAS or Batman Returns).

I'm getting HT TDKR Batman as well since I enjoyed Nolanverse and I don't own a single Batman yet (would've preferred Batman Begins or Keaton Bats, though).

Elevating the B-team characters is perhaps the biggest success of the MCU: not only was it a hit with audiences, but it has grown Marvel's brand considerably beyond just being where Spider-Man and the X-Men live.

Meanwhile, failure to get audiences attached to new characters (new to them, anyway) is the greatest failure of the DCEU. Wonder Woman is the only clear success in that area. Marvel has been growing it's brand while DC has struggled to get audiences to attach to anyone other than Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman.

It's a shame. I live for the possibility of great Green Lantern and Flash franchises.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

That?s DC?s fault . They had a head start before marvel but didn?t have faith in there characters. It wasn?t until marvel til they started showing more characters in film

Jedha Patrol has said that there's something coming for DC fans shortly but can't say what. He had the scoop about the IM Mark V reissue as well so hopefully something great. I'm guessing it'll either be DX Joker 3.0 or Phoenix Joker.

Jedha Patrol has said that there's something coming for DC fans shortly but can't say what. He had the scoop about the IM Mark V reissue as well so hopefully something great. I'm guessing it'll either be DX Joker 3.0 or Phoenix Joker.

I'm also expecting it to be DX Joker 3.0 because of that one little tease he had in one of recent videos

I wonder what that could be! :panic:

Back