The current state of DC 1/6 collectibles . . . DEAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn another joker? I just got the 1/4th scale one. I see a big resurgence in Heath joker merch lately. Maybe cause there isn?t much pheonix joker merch

Damn another joker? I just got the 1/4th scale one. I see a big resurgence in Heath joker merch lately. Maybe cause there isn?t much pheonix joker merch

Probably because so many other movies and things have been delayed too, so gotta go back to the classics to keep pumping out merch.

Probably because so many other movies and things have been delayed too, so gotta go back to the classics to keep pumping out merch.

Your right. Nothing seems to be coming out this year. It kinda blows. If not for that damn virus we would get first looks at the new Batman movie. I really hope this time next year Covid is less stronger than it is now . I also hope everyone affected will be ok to

The Suicide Squad is out later this year, so hopefully we see something from it.

The character designs look woeful. All you'll get is Harley and Idris Elba but he'll be shown at conventions for years, never to be released.

The character designs are very ... unique. I'm looking forward to the movie. Maybe a King Shark 1/6, but Hot toys wont make it. They make two Harleys and as Utah said, some other random character that they use on conventions for a few years.
I don't like the trailer, but it is James Gunn, so I'll give it a try.

DX11 reissue here we come ey? Ey?

Doubt it will will be a straight up reissue. New bigger body in line with the new Bale for a start.

They can reuse most of the accessories but I do hope they get the purple coat right this time.

As ever the head sculpts will make or break it. Can they finally nail the likeness at the seventh attempt 😂

I hope it's true. Funnily enough, 2020 was the year I finally decided to put together my own Joker--I wasn't in the hobby when the DX11 was released. I don't regret it, though, as I suspect the head that I've commissioned will still outclass whatever HT puts out--they probably won't do rooted hair, and frankly, the head on the recent 1/4 Joker was legitimately bad, so my expectations aren't high.

And if the head is incredible? Oh well. That's the game you play and the risk you take when you go down the custom route.

I will likely still get it, as I need the accessories, and it's certainly possible that the outfit will top my Daftoys version.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

I imagine it would be the 1/4 scaled down, with some of the accessories from the DX11. The DX19 Batman is basically just that.

I still like the 1/4 Joker head sculpt. I wish it was better, but it's still Hot Toys best effort to date. Don't know how people can praise the DX11 but trash the QS head; both are good but not great.

I'm a sucker for Heath's Joker and if this rumoured DX20 had even more bells and whistles than the QS, I might consider switching over. But that would be tough because I love the QS Joker, with the head being the weakest part. Excellent body, fantastic tailoring, and a whole lotta hands and accessories.

I think the DX 11, DX 01 and Bank Robber Joker heads looked way better than the Quarter Scale. Even if they didn?t nail the likeness completely, they captured the character and paint jobs way better.

That QS 1/4 was like the equivalence of that V1 MMS 68 in 2008. They had a decade + numerous customs done over the years to prefect their Ledger Joker likeness (in a new, upscaled canvass to boot) and just did not deliver. It was so generic and uninspired. Then the exclusive alternate head wasn?t even accurate to any of the scenes in the film. Huge let down.

Man I really hope it isn't the 1/4th scale Joker shrunken down. Hopefully they'll get someone other than Yulli to sculpt it.

Man I really hope it isn't the 1/4th scale Joker shrunken down. Hopefully they'll get someone other than Yulli to sculpt it.

:exactly:

Yulli's had 5 shots at it, please give someone else a chance.

mms68-joker3.jpg
dx01-joker15.jpg
mms79-joker3.jpg
dx11-joker14.jpg
qs10-j10.jpg

Indeed that would be a huge disappointment! They have to give someone else a chance now. Surely they realise that 1/4 scale sculpt wasn't well received.

Surely after like 8 years worth of deterioration complaints they wouldn't make ED-209 2.0's dome out of rubber again.
Haha, that's about the size of it, yep. I want to see a new RoboCop wherein they put in the same amount of effort on the paint job as they did for Beskar Mando (which looks really close to Robo's armour in it's colouration), but I suspect we'd just get another chrome RoboCop anyway..

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Back