The Amazing Spider-Man - OPEN SPOILERS NOW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Amazing Spider-Man

The fact that Andrew Garfield likes (admittedly) ____ sex bothers me. I know it shouldn't, but to me it's a deviant behavior. I just won't be able to watch him on screen without thinking about it. I gotta learn to differentiate between the person and the character. I do a good job of this usually, but this is big to me and the fact that he likes a big hard one in the poop shoot is glaring.

https://www.eonline.com/uberblog/the_awful_truth/b219458______-back_are_andrew_garfield_jesse.html

Or maybe it makes him a better Spider-Man?

/Movie ruined

:(

I have a question, how does this suit look like it was made by a photographer/high school student? I'm not a fan of the new suit, and I'm not a fan of Andrew Garfield, but instead of being close minded I want try to understand maybe I'm missing something....I would love to see a great spidey movie, but so far I'm disappointed.

Although I am trusting Marvel on this (they have done well so far), the tidbits that I have seen so far have a disturbingly "Twilight"-esque feel to them.

Maybe Morbius will make an appearance and shimmer for us.

I have a question, how does this suit look like it was made by a photographer/high school student? I'm not a fan of the new suit, and I'm not a fan of Andrew Garfield, but instead of being close minded I want try to understand maybe I'm missing something....I would love to see a great spidey movie, but so far I'm disappointed.

In the Ultimate universe, like a few Spider-Man incarnations already, he gets his first costume from wrestling.

It's no guarantee that's how he'll get it in this movie, but his first costume definitely doesn't need to be made by him.

one thing that bothers me is that if the suit is home made then peter must be one hell of a fashion designer

I love how shortsighted a lot of you are being. The suit looks found, it looks like motocross or some other kind of undersuit or even various pieces of things like Under Armor put together. He is a high school student, would it make more sense for him to find existing pieces and simply paint or alter them to look like a costume instead of going home and becoming a seamstress?

The webshooters already are taking that found idea, with the main component being a leather watch strap altered to hold the actual shooter portion where the watch face would be.

If you want hyperrealism than Peter being smart enough to create the webshooters and other scientific parts but not having the ability to create a suit but piecing it together from various things makes the most sense. Especially if he gets damaged. Hell Nolan's Batman's costume is made from existing parts and pieces just on a more wealthy level and people go ape____ about it.

I love how shortsighted a lot of you are being. The suit looks found, it looks like motocross or some other kind of undersuit or even various pieces of things like Under Armor put together. He is a high school student, would it make more sense for him to find existing pieces and simply paint or alter them to look like a costume instead of going home and becoming a seamstress?

The webshooters already are taking that found idea, with the main component being a leather watch strap altered to hold the actual shooter portion where the watch face would be.

If you want hyperrealism than Peter being smart enough to create the webshooters and other scientific parts but not having the ability to create a suit but piecing it together from various things makes the most sense. Especially if he gets damaged. Hell Nolan's Batman's costume is made from existing parts and pieces just on a more wealthy level and people go ape____ about it.
personally im not looking for hyperrealism...its a movie about a boy who was bit by a spider and can now climb walls. i can only speak for myself but one reason BB was so successful in the hyperrealistic sense was the fact that everything was explainable from the car to the suit. but that works for BM cause he does not have super powers, they can go the HR route. spiderman does have superpowers and because of that HR is out of the picture. they could still make it realistic, and maybe they are. in Raimi's SM they dont show PP making the suit, and thats fine. What has me irked is the fact this movie is called the Amazing Spiderman not Ultimate Spiderman therefore the OG suit with webbing not squares should be used imo. as far as AG is concerned...whatever, I shouldnt judge his acting in this cause its not out, he may be fantastic, and I think he's better than the other candidates. but i do hope hes not walking around a ton without the mask on cause that'll be weak, i didnt like it in Raimi's in the subway car and I wont like it here. And the suit looks far from found it looks pretty intricate, and ill bet if he's making web shooters he'll either just appear with the suit or theyll have a montage of him making it. i am hoping for the best, but think on this, what happened after tim burton left the BM franchise? last point here before i probably get chewed up...the eyes look weird they are little on the small side.

Spidey is the last hero that needs another origin story in a big budget movie, reboot or not.

Spidey, Superman and Batman, just get on with their adventures already.

My neighbor could care less about these characters yet he knows that he's Spiderman because he was bitten by a godamn spider and not an elephant.

Spidey is the last hero that needs another origin story in a big budget movie, reboot or not.

My neighbor could care less about these characters yet he knows that he's Spiderman because he was bitten by a godamn spider and not an elephant.

they changed the suit maybe in this one he did get bit by an elephant

I agree with Spiderman and Batman, but Superman? The original 4 Super Duper movies are quite old, and Superman returns didn't exactly show his origin all the way. If anyone needs a reboot origin story, its Super Duper Uper Luper Man.....just make his origin quick. The last thing I want to see is him at the farm for 1hr 30 minutes learning how to fly.

I like the origin stories and agree that Supes, if any, is the one that needs it.

I hope Spidey gets one as well though, even if it's like the one that Norton's Hulk got.

I like the origin stories and agree that Supes, if any, is the one that needs it.

I hope Spidey gets one as well though, even if it's like the one that Norton's Hulk got.

nortons hulk OS was done well...and i was never more upset with a movie than walking out of Ang Lee's Hulk i was livid...I hope that SM wins me over in the end and i love it.

I wonder how hard it'll be to rig together these awesome Webshooters? I like them better than the conceptual Raimi ones personally.

amazing-spiderman-reboot-costumes-wardrobe-amazing-spiderman-ew-6.jpg-59180d1310683219

I agree with Spiderman and Batman, but Superman? The original 4 Super Duper movies are quite old, and Superman returns didn't exactly show his origin all the way. If anyone needs a reboot origin story, its Super Duper Uper Luper Man.....just make his origin quick. The last thing I want to see is him at the farm for 1hr 30 minutes learning how to fly.

I think that was Smallville, never saw the suit until the last 15 minutes and the rest was just the many adventures of Clark Kent and his little pueblito (Town):wink1:

I wonder how hard it'll be to rig together these awesome Webshooters? I like them better than the conceptual Raimi ones personally.

amazing-spiderman-reboot-costumes-wardrobe-amazing-spiderman-ew-6.jpg-59180d1310683219

they look like watches with the face turned inward...are there any good pics of raimi's floating around?

they look like watches with the face turned inward, they look cool though...are there any good pics of raimi's floating around?

Okay, I need to get this pointless post off my chest. If Spiderman can make something as sophisticated as web shooters, creating the costume from the movie shouldn't be a problem in the slightest.

they look like watches with the face turned inward...are there any good pics of raimi's floating around?

:dunno:dunno:dunno:dunno

These are the Raimi conceptuals BTW:
webshooter5ct.jpg

Back