The Amazing Spider-Man - OPEN SPOILERS NOW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Amazing Spider-Man

I'm glad they're bringing back the web shooters. Peter gets to show off his super science nerd skills, something sorely lacking from the Raimi flicks. Bring back the spider tracer too.

I'm not gonna get into it. I'd rather let TheMike come and and explain it, he does such a better job than I.

:lol I saw my signal in the air:

mike-avatar-lg.gif

In the original Spider-Man story, when he is bitten he learned the make-up of the webfluid and created a synthetic compound which had similar properties. Stan Lee established it early on that Peter was an outcast partly because of his love of science. Even in the modern books, he works for an experimental and theoretical science division at Horizon. In the early books to it explained that he had a serious interest in engineering that assisted in the creation of the webshooters. Not to mention it's been stated that even in his youth both in the standard and Ultimate continuities that Peter's intelligence rivals both Tony Stark and Reed Richards.

The webshooters are fairly simple in comparison to other devices used in the Marvel Universe, the fluid is solid in the cartridges and there is a sheering device similar to a cheese grater connected to the top, the entire thing is pressurized which isn't difficult science, the pressure is no different than getting shaving cream from a can or even whipped cream and remember if Rorschach can figure out how to have a pressurized grappling hook then a science genius could. The knob in his palm pushes the solid forward in the cartridge through the sheering piece which creates the thickness of the web. Then it passes through the nozzle which is pressurized and shoot at whatever he needs.

The thing you have to remember as well is that like Tony's suits Peter's webshooters undergo enhancements and evolve. In the 1960s he could only shoot thin weblines and as he gathered them together they created the capture webbing from the adhesive used in his synthetic but as they evolved he had impact webbing and thick streams as well as thin precision webbing.

It's more logical than Peter losing his web (and other abilities) due to stress, a la Spider-Man 2.

I've always disliked that aspect of S2. It's silly to me.

Me too. It was unessesary tension. He should have Web always.

A belt makes much more sense than anything in Raimi's Spider-Man. While he is Spidey and taking photos of himself and keeping things like phones and keys on him it is more logical instead of the Raimi organics where he'd just toss out everything and then magically get it back.

He has a belt that can take pictures under his shirt? I dont understand....he did put up timed camera's up on webs and took pics like that in the movies.

He doesnt really need his cell phone and ____ while he's slingin around.

The spider on the back needs to be bigger, my only real knitpick with the suit as I've accepted the other changes.

b.jpg

(I've seen this before, hmmmmm)

parkermunchies610.jpg

NOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

0,,20483133_20510114,00.html

0,,20483133_20510114,00.html

He has a belt that can take pictures under his shirt? I dont understand....he did put up timed camera's up on webs and took pics like that in the movies. He doesnt really need his cell phone and ____ while he's slingin around.

He has a compartment on his belt to hold his camera and in the books there are a few times where it was on a timer and he'd drop it out of his belt to snap pics as he fought and then swing down to nab it. Protect the shots. The cell phone, etc are necessary because it's a bit odd don't you think for him to be "off the grid" for a long amount of time? In the comics, he has swung to a spot, answered his phone to give an excuse or explanation of his absences and then go on with his business.

He still has his organic shooter, it's just not on his wrist that's all.

A night of Taco Bell activates that webshooter in everyone.

I'm sorry but i'm really starting to like the damn suit. I know it's not classic SM, but i think that why i like it. I like the intertwining of the blue and red, kinda like the Ben Reilly suit.(REALLY NEEDS A BELT THOUGH) I know it looks like a BB up close, but i can over look it for now. (just wanna say yes the Raimi suit is tops ok? I'm not blind) But it's different, i knew it was gonna be different, so i was ready. I down for different, and dig it i do.

Unlike some, EVERYTHING they're doing for this film so far has me excited. Garfield, Webshooters, No MJ right off the bat, Lizard, less CGI, Loosely based off of USM, etc. etc. It's marching to the beat of it's own drum for sure. Well, it kinda has to.

But, i guess the upcoming teaser will be telling and will either cement what i believe so far, or crumble it.

/THIWP
amazingspideyewofficial5.jpg

amazingspideyewofficial4.jpg

amazingspideyewofficial2.jpg

TASMviceversamini.jpg

Back