The Amazing Spider-Man - OPEN SPOILERS NOW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spider-Man: The Reboot!

black cat?

The Lizard also had talons.

why? ...he'll probably only wear it for a total of 3.5 minutes in the entire movie. :lecture

That very well maybe but my figure will be wearing it all the time so I want to see what they came up with.

You can make out some red on the side of his hip so there must be a "belt" of some sorts.

I saw that too, it's ripped off, you can see the red "stain" from the material overlay. The red is supposed to layer over the blue.

Looks okay to me. I was also curious how they would make the costume different. There's not much you can do to make it different while still keep it looking "iconic".

Re: Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

I don't like the new suit as much as Tobey's (more classic spidey), but I'm glad it's somewhat different :exactly:

Wanted to point out something, if you look close at the wrists you can see what looks to be web shooters

I DO like that he has webshooters in this one. I never had a problem with Tobey not having them, but it's cool to see them back.

See now that's how you update a classic with a modern twist. Some say you can't do that with Superman's suit, but they should hire the designer of this new suit.
It actually seems somewhat similar stylistically to the update we saw with Superman Returns, to me.

Interesting enough, the webbing isn't throughout, its only at the top portion, the Spider looks almost burned on the suit instead of molded in and the overall suit looks more apt for sliding or hitting various objects. It looks more like a practical suit, something that a teenager could have put together and dyed from existing materials whereas Tobey's suit looks like a superhero suit.

Despite any feelings on the films themselves I loved the suit and the update will make it nice to have on display next to one another.

I personally think that the idea of PP building his own usable web shooters is something that should be kept in the comics. That seems even less plausible that almost all of the inventions mentioned in any of the first 3 films, too me anyways.

The costume to me looks like a take on the Ultimate Spidey suit. I don't like the gloves, and I hope that Mike is right, and there is a belt overlaid over the blue that we'll see later.
To me Spidey is one of the few Comic characters that has to some sort of spandex suit, lycra whatever. He he more of an acrobat / gymnast than anything. That suit does not say limber of flexible to me. It almost looks like the same sort of material from the symbiote suit from the 3rd SR film. The lack of the spandex/lycra could be ok w/ me though.
The mask is the biggest thing to me. I know he won't have it on long, but that defines the whole look of the character and is the most iconic part of spidey. I hope that the mask either has very large mcfarlane/ 90's spidey type eyes, or old school small eyes. I may sound nit picky, but that is super important to me. lol

Well if this truly pulls from USM then the eyes should be really big....

____ the spoiler:

SpideyGarfieldBig.jpg

Looks like the rumors were wrong about the "muscles" I'm not sure I'm a fan of the design...reminds me of a little too much BMX than Superhero but he doesn't look bad in it.

wtf is this???? :slap

I dont hate it....but my biggest problems with it are the glove designs at this point

Looks good to me so far. This is the comic movie that has me most excited.

Same here, i dont think we needed a reboot but since were getting one....this is the one i can't wait to see!

I just hope they give Spidey his attitude back. That's even more important than the suit to me.

I'm going to reserve judgment until we see a better pic of the whole costume in good lighting... but what I see so far I like.

Back