The Amazing Spider-Man - OPEN SPOILERS NOW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

The remake will be great....fingers crossed

So, will this reboot spiderman appear in avengers movie??

That and the fact that Spider-Man's film likeness is owned by Sony/Columbia and The Avengers are owned by Disney/Marvel Studios. There hasn't been crossover between studios before and considering all the red tape and hullaballoo the last time two studios had stake in a project I doubt it'll happen anytime soon.

Re: Spider-Man: The Reboot!

So is being bitten by a radioactive spider and getting powers. It's a comic book movie.

Regardless, to me it was a great scene.

so if you'd just watched spidey nearly kill himself, or at least pass out, trying to save you and a whole bunch of others on a train, your first reaction would be, "i'm not touching him, he's an a-hole" ? surely that's not even realistic for NYC.

I agree with both of you. Seeing Spidey in any other situation, those same people may have villainnized him, but he literally just saved their lives.

I too enjoyed the train car scene involving the passengers. It felt like an extension of that great scene in the first movie in which the citizens of New York attempted to aid Spidey by pelting Green Goblin with rocks and such. Those two scenes are there to establish some kind of ideal 50's comic optimism about the American people appreciating their heroes. At least, that's my take on it. Wouldn't it happen the same in the comics? Granted, I haven't read any actual Spidey books since 2004 or something.

The scenes definitely put a strain on suspension of disbelief, but I didn't find it too annoying. I mean, consider how often Peter takes off the mask in these films. Sometimes he's on top of a relatively short building, with taller surrounding apartment highrises adorned with windows with possible tenants just waiting to take a snap shot of Spider-Man unmasked. Spider-Man sure take's a lot of risks taking off his mask every ten minutes! And no one catches him when that happens. That's highly unrealistic.

So, will this reboot spiderman appear in avengers movie??

My guess is no since they are going for the younger spidey...at least that's my understanding

That and the fact that Spider-Man's film likeness is owned by Sony/Columbia and The Avengers are owned by Disney/Marvel Studios. There hasn't been crossover between studios before and considering all the red tape and hullaballoo the last time two studios had stake in a project I doubt it'll happen anytime soon.

No, Spidey is owned by Sony rather than Marvel Studios/Disney meaning he cannot appear in the movie.

What?!

I figured the Avengers was a big part of he reason for rebooting Spiderman so soon!

^^ exactly. the films are full of unrealistic stuff, but most films are. what i found much more unrealistic than the train scene was the fact that whenever MJ was on screen, it was her "time of the month". amazing coincidence exactly 4 weeks passed between every scene she was in.

i didnt like the train car and the fight with gg for the same reasons spidey is not like superman j johan jameson turned the public against him the people hate him cause he wears a mask as oppose to superman

I too enjoyed the train car scene involving the passengers. It felt like an extension of that great scene in the first movie in which the citizens of New York attempted to aid Spidey by pelting Green Goblin with rocks and such. Those two scenes are there to establish some kind of ideal 50's comic optimism about the American people appreciating their heroes. At least, that's my take on it. Wouldn't it happen the same in the comics? Granted, I haven't read any actual Spidey books since 2004 or something.

The scenes definitely put a strain on suspension of disbelief, but I didn't find it too annoying. I mean, consider how often Peter takes off the mask in these films. Sometimes he's on top of a relatively short building, with taller surrounding apartment highrises adorned with windows with possible tenants just waiting to take a snap shot of Spider-Man unmasked. Spider-Man sure take's a lot of risks taking off his mask every ten minutes! And no one catches him when that happens. That's highly unrealistic.

I don't think the excuse of it being a comic book movie is necessarily a good stance. The Mike is probably right about some people exploiting the situation even if he just saved their lives, real life isn't usually that black and white...but what bothers me most about the train scene is how obviously he is carried in a christ-like pose. It just seems really obvious and forceful to establish spiderman as a martyr. In addition, you have the citizens to react for you... It just seems like lazy or something, like telling you something you already know and taking it to an extreme to make sure you are paying attention.

I find it alittle too cheesy, probably because comic-book-movie is the attitude.

That being said, it makes Doc Ock pushing them all aside and continuing to terrorize that much more affective.

Because it's a comic book movie might have been an argument that was laid out 10-15 years ago where people just took whatever was spoonfed to them but the genre has changed into a legit genre even during the time that Spider-Man 2 was being made. I'll be the first to admit that I was there on opening day and that I enjoyed the film overall, I loved Molina's Doc Ock, but it doesn't hold up and there are a ton of over the top cheeseball moments in all three, with of course the third being the worst. I just find it hilarious that some are such fans that they aren't willing to admit the faults. It's completely possible to like or even love a bad movie, but it doesn't change the fact that it is a flawed film.

I'll say this though, whatever Garfield and Webb put out will have a tough audience on these boards...

flawed, yes. but as bad as some of you are making out, i don't think so. some of the same people who were applauding the movie right after it came out are the same people claiming it's the worst pile of crap now just because it seems fashionable to do so. not everyone but a lot of people.

i still think spidey 1 and 2 are better than a lot of the marvel crap that came after them, when filmmakers supposedly "knew better" about the comic book film genre e.g. the last 2 x-men movies, fantastic four (both of them), ghost rider.

whether it's a comic book film or not, a good entertaining film is a good entertaining film. i don't think anyone is spoonfed anything. there's tons more ridiculous unbelievable crap in pretty much every other film i see. i don't believe half the ____ that happened in the bourne films for example and everyone praises them for being hard-hitting realistic action. so personally, i'm not excusing that scene because it's a comic book film, just because it's a film. i don't want every film to be realistic. that would bore the ____ out of me. i could just watch the news for 2hrs if i wanted disturbing realistic action packed stories. but that would be altogether too depressing.

I think Spidey 2 is easily one of the top 5 comic films of the 2000s. Better than Iron Man.

And the only comic film I saw with no flaws in that decade was a History of Violence.

Meh. It's a deadhorse at this point anyway since in reality no one's mind is going to changed on the matter.

Back on topic....rumors are swirling that Spidey's suit may have a molded appearance to it with the fabric stretched over it to give an appearance of muscles....the article I was reading earlier got taken down....thoughts?

flawed, yes. but as bad as some of you are making out, i don't think so. some of the same people who were applauding the movie right after it came out are the same people claiming it's the worst pile of crap now just because it seems fashionable to do so. not everyone but a lot of people.

i still think spidey 1 and 2 are better than a lot of the marvel crap that came after them, when filmmakers supposedly "knew better" about the comic book film genre e.g. the last 2 x-men movies, fantastic four (both of them), ghost rider.

whether it's a comic book film or not, a good entertaining film is a good entertaining film. i don't think anyone is spoonfed anything. there's tons more ridiculous unbelievable crap in pretty much every other film i see. i don't believe half the ____ that happened in the bourne films for example and everyone praises them for being hard-hitting realistic action. so personally, i'm not excusing that scene because it's a comic book film, just because it's a film. i don't want every film to be realistic. that would bore the ____ out of me. i could just watch the news for 2hrs if i wanted disturbing realistic action packed stories. but that would be altogether too depressing.

:exactly::exactly::exactly:

Meh. It's a deadhorse at this point anyway since in reality no one's mind is going to changed on the matter.

Back on topic....rumors are swirling that Spidey's suit may have a molded appearance to it with the fabric stretched over it to give an appearance of muscles....the article I was reading earlier got taken down....thoughts?

:lol kinda sounds like those guys in costumes they have working over at islands of adventure. will reserve judgement till i see it though.

as a recent fan of the misfits show on british TV, every time i saw robert sheehan i couldn't help thinking he'd make a good peter parker. skinny, geeky looking, wise cracking. but who knows. this garfield guy might knock us dead.

^^ exactly. the films are full of unrealistic stuff, but most films are. what i found much more unrealistic than the train scene was the fact that whenever MJ was on screen, it was her "time of the month". amazing coincidence exactly 4 weeks passed between every scene she was in.

True dat. For a character that the audience is supposed to like, they certainly made MJ annoying and self-centered. At least she was consistently so during all three movies while Peter seemed a little out of character during parts of the third film.

Back