The Amazing Spider-Man - OPEN SPOILERS NOW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spider-Man: The Reboot!

Either way this seems like a grittier spidey thats alittle truer to the comic's I agree that this reboot is way to early but I still would like to see how they do this ?

What are you talking about? There hasn't been a Spider-Man movie since 2004.....:)

New suit looks cool, very minor things about it that bother me, but not enough to dislike it. Andrew Garfield will make a great Spidey/Peter Parker.

BTW, it looks like the webbing is non-organic - for all those who care about such mundane things.

I really think that no matter what I think about the suit now, the mask will make or break it. If the original series had one perfect thing, it was the suit. I will say that I think Garfield is more Peter Parker-like. Better build for the character, I think.

BTW, it looks like the webbing is non-organic - for all those who care about such mundane things.

I really think that no matter what I think about the suit now, the mask will make or break it. If the original series had one perfect thing, it was the suit. I will say that I think Garfield is more Peter Parker-like. Better build for the character, I think.

I just noticed the mechanical get up on his wrists myself.

Which suit do you guys think is more impossible for the average teenager to sew, Tobey's or Andrew's? :lol They've really gone off the rails in terms of costume plausibility, but hey who cares.

Looks like sheat already :dunno
And Garfield looks more crapier than Toby as PP.

I'm not liking the suit either. Too complicated. The Spider-man suit isn't all that complex. Why make it so? The first series suit(s) was great. I get they want to change it up from that outfit, but they went too far. I mean it is still clearly Spidey, but the massive redesign wasn't needed.

Looks like Lizard is indeed the villian though with those claw marks.

Which suit do you guys think is more impossible for the average teenager to sew, Tobey's or Andrew's? :lol They've really gone off the rails in terms of costume plausibility, but hey who cares.

LOL that he made that. Out of what? That's one of the funnier things about them getting increasingly "cool" looking in the presentation of spider-man. The cooler he looks, the less I believe that melonfarmer made it at home.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Not a fan of the new suit at all, definitely sticking with Raimi suit stuff, the new one almost looks like it's made for a dirt bike suit or something, too techno, though I'm sure they wanted to make sure it departed a fair ammount from the Raimi suit to separate the films.

Difficult to judge the suit from that pic but the suit doesn't scream cool (to me) like the suit in the Cap pic. The Spidey suit has good and bad points but eh well. On a brighter note, IMO Garfield "looks" the part in the pic.

That new suit looks silly. Looks like something a Spider-Girl would wear.

Head's not going to change what the body is, I'm just not a fan of all the geometric patterns that are in it. The Raimi suit is very organic and I feel like that's more fitting for Spiderman, where part of his ability to fight crime is a natural part of his body, I feel like the costume being organic and depicting him almost like an organism is better suited to what the character is. This new suit feels more like something Batman would do where it's just a regular guy where a suit. I actually get a TDK batsuit vibe from some of what's in this suit, but again, I'm sure they want to distinguish whis from the other films so they'll probably go extreme from what Raimi's suit was. I'm not a fan of how scrawny he looks either, you wouldn't think McGuire could looked jacked but at least in the suit, he looked like he could kick some ass, this guy looks like anyone could take him :lol.

I like it! Sorta reminds me of this Alex Ross artwork:

original.jpg

That looks far better than the one they picked for the film.

Yeah this is like an experimental costume, where the designer said 'Hey lets just try something crazy!' :pfft: It looks like something McFarlane would come up with. The iconic web design is restricted to the upper neck/shoulder area and further down it starts to look almost organic. Also the gloves look like literal work gloves, not form fitting at all.

This will just be the movie design and I doubt this style costume will ever be used again even for the sequel ( if there is one) I don't think I would want a $150 figure representation of this costume which would not be recognizable to anyone who had not seen the film.

Back