The Amazing Spider-Man - OPEN SPOILERS NOW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spider-Man: The Reboot!

The way Norton's Incredible Hulk handled the origin was fantastic, a quick refresher to remind the audience and then move forward. A lot of what I've read is going back to High School so its obviously no longer even an idea, Bendis was consulted on the character and direction heavily before casting and the decision to move forward with college, while I'm sure he'll be consulted again (he is viewed as the messiah at Marvel in terms of writing especially considering Spider-Man), we won't see too much Ultimate Spider-Man save maybe in spirit since that story relied a lot on Pete being in High School.

Agreed. The Hulk origin/credits was the perfect way to remind the viewing audience.
Bendis a Messiah? Hardly. Not sure who your contact is at Marvel :lol But I'm pleased to hear that the Ultimate Spider-man won't be the version we get with the reboot.

Not my thoughts but you have to admit anything Spider-Man in recent times is usually given to him to do. He seems to be all over various licenses from The Avengers, to Spidey to a majority of the Ultimate titles. He highly praised and viewed as one of the big guns or else why would they consult him especially after decades of notable stories and arcs that had nothing to do with him. Same reason why Geoff Johns was in Louisiana for GL, he is given that kind of status even though the character existed far before him.

I thoroughly enjoyed Ultimate Spider-Man, some aspects of it were a little too far fetched, but overall its one of my favorite series I've read so far.

If we get anything out of the USM series. It's going to be the "Hip/new age" Type of surroundings/atmosphere. I enjoyed it as well, hopefully we get the best out of it.

Via Yahoo! Movies:

Spider-Man Casting Race
It looks like Spider-Man is going to have not one but two love interests in the upcoming reboot of the franchise. The word from those close to the production says that Peter Parker, played by Andrew Garfield, will be posed with a problem familiar to fans of the comic: will he choose the red-headed Mary Jane Watson or blonde Gwen Stacy?

The two roles, which were played by Kristen Dunst and Bryce Dallas Howard respectively in the previous films, are the most sought after gigs in town and the race is heating up. Click ahead to see which young talents might get the part.

Emma Stone
21-year-old Emma Stone is rumored to be the front runner for the part of Mary Jane. Fun Fact: she's actually a natural blonde. She dyed her hair red for her star-making turn in "Superbad" on the recommendation of producer Judd Apatow and the look just stuck. She was most recently seen in "Easy A."

Mia Wasikowska
Mia Wasikowska has been everywhere lately -- starring in Tim Burton's trippy spectacle "Alice in Wonderland" and she played the precocious daughter in the indie hit "The Kids Are All Right." And she's reportedly in the running to play Gwen Stacy. She'll turn 21 on October 14, and next year you can see her in a new adaptation of "Jane Eyre."

Lily Collins
Lily Collins, 21-year-old daughter of singer Phil Collins, is also reportedly in consideration for a role. She appeared in "The Blind Side" last year and will be seen in 2011's "Priest."

Teresa Palmer
24-year-old Australian actress Teresa Palmer is another contender. She was the romantic lead in this summer's "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" and will soon be seen in "I Am Number Four."

Interesting move getting the Gwen vs. MJ triangle started right off the bat.

I think Peter Parker/Mary Jane and Spider-Man/Black Cat triangle would be more interesting.

Great! Hopefully it will make us forget about the craptastrophe that is Spider-Man 3!

Saw those candidates on yahoo as well. Horrible choices if you ask me.

Agreed.
I don't understand why these Spidey directors are so concerned about making the pairing "realistic".
Tobey was nothing to-look-at, and Dunst was the same...okay, much worse.
Now with the latest Jughead-Spidey (a human tweety bird) the female leads are comparable.

Cast some hot/sexy bimbos for crying out loud!

Agreed.
I don't understand why these Spidey directors are so concerned about making the pairing "realistic".
Now with the latest Jughead-Spidey (a human tweety bird) the female leads are comparable.

:exactly::goodpost:

i agree mj should be very hott come on shes a party girl imo no one can be any worse then toby he was awful ass peter parker

Agreed.

I disagree MJ and Stacy need to be a blend of both looks and acting chops. Hot bimbo's are a dime a dozen in H-Wood however, she looks the part but cannot act worth a dang everyone will be whining and complaining. :cuckoo:

For me there is only one choice for Mary Jane Watson: Danneel Harris

8budv2qj.jpg

b-danneel-harris-4d4c844e5916.jpeg

as for Gwen Stacy I would go with Katie Cassidy:

katie-cassidy-teen-vogue-young-hollywood-party-MUm17k.jpg

katie_cassidy_1229107196.jpg

Katie Cassidy is a Great pick for Gwen.....she was awesome on Supernatural!!

Back