The Amazing Spider-Man - OPEN SPOILERS NOW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spider-Man: The Reboot!

She was a good Gwen. I definitely put acting skills above pure looks, but I'm really not familiar with actors and actresses enough to judge them by that merit. So I just like looking at the eye candy people post and deciding whether they look like a good MJ or Gwen. :lol

Early reports listed Easy A actress Emma Stone, as a candidate for a love interest in the Marc Webb-directed Spider-Man reboot, that would NOT be Mary Jane Watson, who Kirsten Dunst portrayed in Sam Raimi's trilogy. But now Deadline is reporting...

"Sony Pictures Entertainment will imminently offer the role of Mary Jane Watson to Emma Stone"

Other actresses who were listed as contenders, which include Glee's Dianna Agron, Mia Wasikowska, Georgina Haig and Dominique McElligott, will be considered for the role of Gwen Stacy, which Bryce Dallas Howard played in Spider-Man 3.

Deadline also says that "Gwen Stacy will be a plum part for the first installment, because she is the first love interest of the high school-aged Peter Parker. And Mary Jane becomes more pivotal in the later installments of the Spidey saga."

:yess: First Andrew as Spidey, now the uber hott Emma as MJ. I am definitely feeling the casting for this.

I'm a bit disappointed that a lot of fan picks here lean toward the 'Maxim flavor of the month' types instead of noted good actors.

You do realize that Dannell Harris has been acting since 2004 primarily in the genre that they are gunning to lay over the super-hero film and Katie Cassidy since 2003 being critically acclaimed in many of her roles. Just because they aren't Shakespearan actors doesn't mean they aren't worth a consideration and just because they have appeared in Maxim doesn't mean that they aren't well established actors.

Bryce Dallas Howard is exactly the best actress in the world, primarily passing for okay in many of her roles and let's be honest, the Spider that bit Peter gave more of a deep, engaging and emotional role than Dunst.

I guess I'm the only one who didn't think Dunst was bad. Guess it's because I grew up with the movies. The first one was a huge part of me and alot of other boys childhoods.

I too believe in acting above looks, BUT when you've got a snaggletooth, pie-face (Dunst), cast in the role of a Carmen Electra type Hottie, it just ain't gonna work. Especially considering the amount of screen time they gave her.
Emma Stone isn't much better IMHO.

Don't lie people, when they casted Maggie Gylenhall to play Rachel Dawes in Dark Knight, everyone and their mother said she was ugly, but she CAN act. Everyone cares about eye candy.

all I want is a good story spidey cracking jokes seeing the genius side of peter Parker for once also not another villian who has a Close relationship to pete don't wanna see him unmasked in everymovie they make is that to much to ask

Don't forget a villain that isn't misunderstood or isn't such a bad guy. Let's keep to the Norman Osborne's who are just crazy and don't give a ____ who they hurt.

Yea that was so annoying. Thier called villians for a reason. Its so stupid that they are good guys who are misguided and what no.

Did you guys here phillip seymore holfman might play eddie brock ? It might be Sr im guessing.

When Ledger made the comment about how Maggie was beautiful in TDK the whole theater erupted into laughter. Casual and fanboys alike. People care.

You do realize that Dannell Harris has been acting since 2004 primarily in the genre that they are gunning to lay over the super-hero film and Katie Cassidy since 2003 being critically acclaimed in many of her roles. Just because they aren't Shakespearan actors doesn't mean they aren't worth a consideration and just because they have appeared in Maxim doesn't mean that they aren't well established actors.

Bryce Dallas Howard is exactly the best actress in the world, primarily passing for okay in many of her roles and let's be honest, the Spider that bit Peter gave more of a deep, engaging and emotional role than Dunst.

Yes, let's be honest here. You chose those gals for their looks without a single thought into their acting ability. Specifically, I took a glance at the imdb pages of Harris and Cassidy and was surprised that I had seen a few of the movies they've starred in and couldn't remember them at all. They didn't make a single impression on me.

I'm not saying that the actress-in-running can't be beautiful, they just need a quality that is beyond just beauty.

Kirsten Dunst, for all of her...homeliness (beauty, eye of the beholder, etc), has been praised in the past for her acting and still is. I remember her from back when she was in Interview With The Vampire. That was great, partly due to her. Granted, I never believed she was the best pick for MJ...

I don't get why people hate Dunst so much, she wasn't great in the role, but she wasn't horrible.

She was just so needy and she wasnt hot at all. Emma stone look's like mary jane and has green eyes like her and is hot. Plus she can act imo.

Back