The Amazing Spider-Man - OPEN SPOILERS NOW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

I would laugh at 'em even if they had a suit that any of you would 'approve.'

Think about it...
:panic:

I dont know...If I saw a person in a legit suit that actually looked like it should I would probably be like, "Damn, that dude looks just like a Spidey!"

In fact, when a store I worked at 5 years ago had a grand opening, the hired a guy from marvel or universal studios or something like that to come in as Spidey. He was great! Costume was spot on (to the traditional comic look of spidey) and he acting just like Spider-Man. It was quite impressive.

I dont know...If I saw a person in a legit suit that actually looked like it should I would probably be like, "Damn, that dude looks just like a Spidey!"

In fact, when a store I worked at 5 years ago had a grand opening, the hired a guy from marvel or universal studios or something like that to come in as Spidey. He was great! Costume was spot on (to the traditional comic look of spidey) and he acting just like Spider-Man. It was quite impressive.

How old are you Nick_Rapist?

Re: Spider-Man: The Reboot!

2ce251h.jpg

Dat ass...

???

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yb3txW1p1D8" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

wasn't this guy was it?

???

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yb3txW1p1D8" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

wasn't this guy was it?

lol! no it was not

Along with the shoes and the gloves, those lines on the legs look stupid as hell.

The Raimi suits are better so far.

Last edited:

Tobey, or not Tobey that is the question.

I like spiderman, but I'd rather have a Hobgoblin, or Doc. Oc.

A new image shows Andrew Garfield in action as Spider-Man
By Robert Falconer | Friday, January 21, 2011

read_on.jpg

<ins style="display: inline-table; border: medium none; height: 15px; margin: 0pt; padding: 0pt; position: relative; visibility: visible; width: 468px;"><ins id="google_ads_frame2_anchor" style="display: block; border: medium none; height: 15px; margin: 0pt; padding: 0pt; position: relative; visibility: visible; width: 468px;"></ins></ins>
web-shooters_4587845.jpg

Last week we got our very first look at Andrew Garfield (The Social Network) in Spider garb, and since then information has been leaking out in dribbles. Today, however, MTV has shared a new photo on the Interwebs that gives us our first look at the character in action…offering greater aesthetic perspective this new Spider-Man.

The look is decidedly different from the Raimi films, and whether or not that's a good thing will depend entirely on one's personal point of view. Clearly director Marc Webb wants to differentiate his Spider-Man reboot from the Raimi films; that's a given.

Moreover, the costume's bright colors are a concession to the technical requirements of the film. Using the RED EPIC 3-D HD camera — particularly in night shooting — necessitates increased contrast to make the 3-D effect work (flat images don't separate well), thus requiring a far brighter costume that has high contrast between the red and blue. The RED EPIC has been compared in some circles to the quality of VistaVision, the higher resolution, widescreen variant of the 35mm motion picture film format which was created by engineers at Paramount Pictures in 1954. Translation: an extremely cinematic look.

We have to say, we're not hating the costume, but we're not loving it, either. Not yet anyway. Garfield's build is decidedly lankier, clearly a physical choice that the filmmakers have integrated into the reboot, and one that fits with the more youthful, modern incarnations of the character.

This new image also gives us our first real look at Spidey’s new mask and you can also glimpse the mechanical web-shooters that were confirmed last week.

Beyond costume, we also know that the story will differ from the Raimi films as well, in that the Daily Bugle’s irascible editor J. Jonah Jameson won't be featured, and neither will Peter Parker's love interest Mary Jane.

Sony's Spider-Man reboot arrives in regular and 3-D theaters July 3, 2012.

Okay, basing a costume around technical requirements is absurd. Costume should serve story, not shooting technique. 3D is overdone these days. I really don't think I'm going to see this.

I'm indifferent on 3D, I don't like it or dislike it. Ya gotta admit webslinging in 3D is gonna be pretty cool.

Remember folks, they may de-saturate the images in post. The costume may need to be that saturated for the camera's to pick up initially, but there's normally some tinkering of the image in post. Hence the official pic looking WAY different than these spy shots.

Back