The Amazing Spider-Man - OPEN SPOILERS NOW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spider-Man: The Reboot!

We're up in arms about a stunt suit shot from far away on a cell phone camera? :slap

I'm guessing nobody here knows what those big expensive cameras and months of post-filming work are for.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

f2be963f2569.jpg

The suit looks fine to me, reminds me of a cross between ultimate spidy and 2099 spidy. I'm more concerned with the writing, directing, and acting then the costume. I'm also glad they went back to the web-shooters, much better. I always though the first three films were a little to corny and hammed up especially the third movie.

I'll laugh my butt off if everyone slamming this ends up loving it. :rotfl

it sort of looks like a bobsledder's or figureskater's outfit. I'm sure it will look better on film. hell, the BD first look was definitely much better. Maybe he uses more than one suit.

When it comes to Marvel comics Spiderman is my favorite. I'm just not liking this suit. I thought Sam did a great job on the 1st two films. I heard Sam didn't have alot of pull in the third film. I just don't understand why the reboot. It is what it is.

All I'm saying is I'll take the new Spidy costume any day over that horrible Green Goblin costume and Topher Grace as Venom and him getting killed like a punk. I like the new mask it reminds me of the original Steve Ditko Spidy mask. I mean out of three movies only one was close to being good was the second one. Plus I never liked that the villains in the first three weren't really bad guys (Goblin wasn't so much like that, but Dr. Octopus and Sandman were). They were more like guys down on their luck who try to redeem themselves at the end, and were suppose to feel sorry for them, lame IMO.

Plus I never liked that the villains in the first three weren't really bad guys. They were more like guys down on their luck who try to redeem themselves at the end, and were suppose to feel sorry for them, lame IMO.

You're gonna get more of the same here if the baddie turns out to be the Lizard.

He doesnt look bad at all actually. I dont really see the problem except for those stupid shoes but i think thats just for the running he is doing.

2002 Green Goblin suit > Spider-Man reboot suit

Atleast the Green Goblin didn't look like a tie dye fruit roll up merged with a ____ing basketball.

he does kinda remind me of a basketball, but i hated how Green goblin looked liked the power rangers more.

2002 Green Goblin suit > Spider-Man reboot suit

Atleast the Green Goblin didn't look like a tie dye fruit roll up merged with a ____ing basketball.

It's the same colors as the original design and it's not that different from the original. The main differences are around the waist, the red strip going down his leg, a little bit on the gloves, and the bottoms of the boots, and those are all minor changes. Obviously you don't have to like it, but why not give it a chance and hold judgment until after you've see the movie. I just don't get why everyone is crapping on the film after only seeing a few pics and one short video. The Raimi movies weren't that great and I really don't think this will be any worse. Hell as long as it's better then SM3 I'll be happy.

It's the same colors as the original design and it's not that different from the original. The main differences are around the waist, the red strip going down his leg, a little bit on the gloves, and the bottoms of the boots, and those are all minor changes. Obviously you don't have to like it, but why not give it a chance and hold judgment until after you've see the movie. I just don't get why everyone is crapping on the film after only seeing a few pics and one short video. The Raimi movies weren't that great and I really don't think this will be any worse. Hell as long as it's better then SM3 I'll be happy.

I thought the first pic of the suit looked really good, but all these? Not so much. It's not even about accuracy, it just looks like ass so far. Red stripes here, blue stripes there, big, gaudy web shooters.

Well when i first saw tdk joker i thought he looked like a demented ronald mcdonald and now i have like three figure's and a poster of the guy. Give it a chance lol.

I thought the first pic of the suit looked really good, but all these? Not so much. It's not even about accuracy, it just looks like ass so far. Red stripes here, blue stripes there, big, gaudy web shooters.

Like I said it's fine if you don't care for it, but that doesn't mean the movie is going to suck. Plus the suit and web-shooters could be an evolving thing like the Bat suit is. And hey if the movie is a pile of crap I'll be the first to admit it.

Man, this new trend is bothering me.

"Hey bro, did you see the new Spider-Man costume pics."

Yeah

"WELL, what do ya think."

Don't like em.

"You don't like it? WHY."

I don't know. The first pic was okay, but these location shots of him I really don't like.

"Pfft, the movie isn't out yet. Just give it a chance. Look at Heat Ledger Joker bro."

But all I said was that I...

"LOOK WHAT HAPPENED WITH HEATH LEDGER!"

----------------------------------------------------

"Hey bro, did you hear. Bane and Catwoman are going to be in the new Batman movie. Bane is going to be played by Tom Hardy and Catwoman is going to be played by...."

Anne Hathaway, yeah, I already saw that.

"Weeeeellllll, what do you think."

Hmm, I didn't expect those choices, but yeah I guess they-...........

"You don't expect? You GUESS. LOL HAHAHAHA. Those are like, the best choices EVER. I trust Chris Nolan, you should too."

But I was going to say that I had no prob-......

"Pfft, the movie isn't even out yet! Just give it a chance. Look at Heath Ledger Joker bro, HE'S FANTASTIC."

*sigh*

--------------------------------------------------------

"Hey bro, did you see? There are pics of the new Hot Toys Indiana Jones figure?"

Yeah, it looks like crap. I think they could do alot better and the price is awful.

"Pfft, the figure isn't even out yet! Just give it a chance, Hot Toys will fix it before it comes out.

Oh, by the way, remember what happened with Heath Ledger Joker bro? lololololol"

Some of you guys are missing the point. These are INITIAL RESPONSES to things. Just "give it a chance"? Why? I see something, I know instantly how I feel about it. Sometimes I think it's good, sometimes I think it's bad.

It's called first impressions. When I first saw the pic of the suit, I thought it was alright. These new ones? Not so much.

Damn.

Like I said it's fine if you don't care for it, but that doesn't mean the movie is going to suck. Plus the suit and web-shooters could be an evolving thing like the Bat suit is. And hey if the movie is a pile of crap I'll be the first to admit it.

I never said that?

I'll say it again it's cool if you don't like it, but first impressions aren't the best things to go off of. It's like getting to know a person and the first impression isn't good, but you get to know them and they end up being really awesome. Again though if you don't like it you don't like it. No need to get your nickers in a twist. I just feel it's better to wait see then go off my first impression of things, but that's me.

Back