The Amazing Spider-Man - OPEN SPOILERS NOW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Amazing Spider-Man

I don't think RDJ is stuck up enough to count that. :lol

Iron Man saved his life. He doesn't have to keep doing them, but he should at least finish off The Avengers story.

I don't think RDJ is stuck up enough to count that. :lol

Iron Man saved his life. He doesn't have to keep doing them, but he should at least finish off The Avengers story.

I think it boils down to Feige, who's already gone on record as saying they'd treat Stark like Bond if RDJ dropped out. So if when the time comes to re-up, which I'm thinking is after IM3 (since Hulk counts), it'll be all about the Benjamins.

He won't kick him out before The Avengers.

Plus, I don't think there wasn't even a deal at that point. Hulk and Iron Man were filmed at the same time, no one knew which film would succeed. Iron Man could've flopped, and then swept under the rug, ya know?

He won't kick him out before The Avengers.

And I hardly think one day of shooting would equal a picture deal. There's just no way.

It does. Remember this when you're making movies. :lol As for Avengers, it's already happened and I've no doubt Feige's let it go to his head and will believe that the rest of the cast can support A2 with or without RDJ.

You never know. RDJ might re-up. :pray:

Isn't IM3 the end of his Marvel contract?

Because you can't buy one now? Just yesterday my son and I were chasing each other around the house with the Iron Man repulsors (though I had to leave it open and use bungee chords to get it to stay put on my forearm :lol).

it is not the same :monkey2
when I was little I really wanted a water gun, my parents wouldnt get me one so I never had one, I play with sticks as guns but it wasnt the same, made me a sad kid

I have one now but when you are little your imagination runs wild and is different, you lose that when you grow up,

06.jpg

Just got back from seeing it, I loved it, it's a great film, everything from the actors to way spidey moves is excellent, better than the Raimi films, but that doesn't mean I now think that they are utter ____, I still think SM 1 and 2 are great.

Even though I really enjoyed this film there are some bits that I didn't like...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Anyway, great movie and can't wait until the sequel now that they've got the origin out the way.

Last edited:

It does. Remember this when you're making movies. :lol As for Avengers, it's already happened and I've no doubt Feige's let it go to his head and will believe that the rest of the cast can support A2 with or without RDJ.

There was no plan for Iron Man at that point. It was just a way to connect them.

But regardless, most people, normal people at least agreed that they saw the movie for RDJ. It's all about RDJ with this franchise.

Just got back from seeing this. I thought it was great!

Some quick thoughts:

The 3D during any scene in which Spider Man was swinging through the city was really well done.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Emma Stone was great as Gwen and her relationship with Peter was believable and you actually cared what happened to them.

You can see the transition of Peter as Spider Man; on his first few trips out he comes across as a teenager hitting out at life and in the end he learns to channel his emotions into using his powers for the good of others. A well played out and believable story arc.

I really liked the following scene:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I do like how they wanted Spidey to be thinner, but he had no muscle definition when he was in the suit. Some scenes the suit looked baggy on him and not skin tight. Only the CGI Spidey had some muscle definition.

Just came back from seeing the movie. It was great! The chemistry between Garfeild and Stone is way better and more beleivable than Maguire and Dunst. Peter was way less nerdy than the previous versions, and seemed more like an outcast than a science geek.

Very happy with this movie
Hard to believe but I enjoyed this more than the other Spider-man movies
Was there a spoiler alert for the bonus scene?
I do not read these threads until after I see movie

Just came back from seeing the movie. It was great! The chemistry between Garfeild and Stone is way better and more beleivable than Maguire and Dunst. Peter was way less nerdy than the previous versions, and seemed more like an outcast than a science geek.
Spoiler Spoiler:

pumped.jpg

You'd think I was waiting weeks instead of until tomorrow. :gah:

Spoiler Spoiler:

So where does it say spidey can't go out at night been plenty of time in comics where he is out at night why is it a cop out?

As for the mask coming off - I don't think he realized the responsibility of keeping his face covered until
Spoiler Spoiler:

AND: Confirmed on AICN by Mr. Lizard himself:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Saw it this afternoon. My thoughts are still kinda stewing, but I really didn't care for the first hour, seemed pointless to retread the origin and I didn't like the changes at all. The rest of it was great, minus gripes about the mask coming off all the damn time.

I will say this: The scene on the bridge with the boy was my favorite scene in all the Spider-Man movies.

The more I think about it, the worse it gets. Right now, it's on par with SM3 and heading south.

Last edited:

I did watch about 15 minutes of it yesterday while I was waiting for Prometheus to start.

It was the part where he:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I actually thought those two parts were pretty cool so congrats to those who are loving this movie. I think I'll still wait to watch the rest on blu-ray.

I will say this: The scene on the bridge with the boy was my favorite scene in all the Spider-Man movies.

SWEET! Sounds like I picked the best part of the movie to sneak in on. :rock

:D

While funny, am I the only one who thought the post-bite bathroom scene was too much like XMO: WOLVERINE?

Back