The Amazing Spider-Man - OPEN SPOILERS NOW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Amazing Spider-Man

Actually 2007? I trashed that film.(and i still don't think it was as BAD as people like to think it was. I also happened to like all the dark PP stuff most hate) And have always found all 3 films to be mediocre. With absolutely no re-watchabilty to be had at all which is my biggest problem with them. So you'd be wrong! Don't get me wrong i like the first two, i just think of what they coulda been. And i will probably be the same way with these new ones. It's just that with these new ones it seem like they're doing everything i woulda liked from the get go with the older ones.

Webshooters.
PP's parents
Better SM humor etc. etc.

Even though it's different, I'm sure we'll see a lot of great parallels between this and the previous series. Hopefully positive things.

Hell, I even remember Kellogs promoting Spider-Man back in 2002. Almost feels like old times with this one, like nostalgia. Hard to believe how fast the decade went.

Even though it's different, I'm sure we'll see a lot of great parallels between this and the previous series. Hopefully positive things.

Hell, I even remember Kellogs promoting Spider-Man back in 2002. Almost feels like old times with this one, like nostalgia. Hard to believe how fast the decade went.
Probably.

I was 26 when the first one came out, so i have no childhood illusions some seem to have about them i noticed in this thread.

This new one to me so far looks good. I could be totally disappointed with it when game time comes i dunno.

My expectations are fairly high, so i hope it don't disappoint.

(although i made a prediction a while ago in this thread that it would be a tad higher rated by me than the first one which i give an 8/10. I expect this one to be an 8.5 because it's still origin story.)

Damn dude I was twelve when the first came out. Ah memories

So? Michael Bay has given more to the culture then both of those ____s. But that doesn't mean ____ all. Raimi = the man.

Bay = the Demolition man. :yess:

Burton has contributed far more to our culture than Bay and Raimi combined!

Probably.

I was 26 when the first one came out, so i have no childhood illusions some seem to have about them i noticed in this thread.

This new one to me so far looks good. I could be totally disappointed with it when game time comes i dunno.

My expectations are fairly high, so i hope it don't disappoint.

(although i made a prediction a while ago in this thread that it would be a tad higher rated by me than the first one which i give an 8/10. I expect this one to be an 8.5 because it's still origin story.)

You're saying S1 was an 8.5 then or now?

8.5 has no replayability?

Burton has contributed far more to our culture than Bay and Raimi combined!

Bullll_____t. :lol

Most movies steal from Bay, people drive around in Bumblebees because of Bay, cars are selling because of Bay, the only thing Burton has done is sold emo chicks Jack Skellington shirts "bcuz der r teh sekltonz on teh shritz n ez cut"

:lol

But that's not the point.

Raimi > Bay/Burton/Bob Saget. :lecture

So you're saying that Bay contributes to society or our economy more?

Look back to Batman 89 and how much tshirts, joker hats, batman shirts just sold from that movie alone. Are we getting a DX Ben Affleck from Pearl Harbor? No.

Bay is a trend former. He doesn't contribute to society at all.

Our society is all trends now. :lol

Point is, I do indeed love Burton. I'm just _____ing on you people for attacking Raimi on how bad he is, and how good everyone else is.

When the simple, and only real fact is-

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzZxBUxg0Sg[/ame]

It always bothered me in the cartoons and comics that Peter/his dad just happened to be a revolutionary inventor in the one super specific area of science that by coincidence would fit perfectly with Peter randomly gaining the powers of a spider.

I'm pretty sure that his dad is only a scientist in the Ultimate comics, and his field wasn't about webbing, as for Pete he was an inventor who just never had the time or facilities to invent much, his time at Horizon Labs has lets his genius shine.

The reason people love Webshooters other than canon is that Peter would have to work to pay for his webbing, it was another of the things that humanised him, he's not like Batman or Iron Man where money just falls into his lap

Last edited:

It is but there's still things that last, like OT Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Bruton/Nolan Batfilms, etc.

Bay has never made a film that last the test of time.

It is but there's still things that last, like OT Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Bruton/Nolan Batfilms, etc.

Bay has never made a film that last the test of time.

Doesn't need too.

Today's audience doesn't like any of the old stuff. Ask any kid what their favorite Star Wars film is. It will probably be Attack of the Clones. Or one of those crappy things.

It's all about NEW NEW CGI NEW!111

But the point isn't about Bay. It's about Raimi awesome. And people who hate him suck. :lecture

You sound like an old fart for a young, 20 year old kid CP.

I thought you knew it was cool to be a hipster these days D.

:monkey3

I thought you knew it was cool to be a hipster these days D.

:monkey3

andrewgarfieldparker-630a.jpg

Back