The Amazing Spider-Man - OPEN SPOILERS NOW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Amazing Spider-Man

Burton has contributed a hell of a lot more to our culture than Raimi!

So? Michael Bay has given more to the culture then both of those ____s. But that doesn't mean ____ all. Raimi = the man.

Bay = the Demolition man. :yess:

Raimi gets way too much credit. He hasn't made an original movie since the Evil Dead rough cut for funds. Since then he's remade it 3 times. Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2, and now the ED remake.

The guy comes up with some interesting cinematography but thats really about it. Without someone like Bruce Campbell, Raimi's slapstick would have never worked, Tobey proved that 3 times.

Burton and Raimi are both members of the Washed Up Director's Guild now, but Burton definately contributed more in his hayday.

Never even heard of Marc Webb. He directed what, some successful romantic comedy drama?

Sounds perfect for Spidey.

jerkitsmiley.gif

500 days of summer. movie looks good so far so i wouldnt judge so quickly.

Yea I've never seen anything Webb's done, but his names Webb, Spiderman, duh... :lol

As many of us who saw Memento or Insomnia, I bet people were still like who's this Nolan guy when BB started filming.

This movie looks better than the first and has a more SM feel to it already. That's all i care about. That Kellogg clip confirms it for me. Some of your mileage may vary, but then again some of you LIKE organic webbing. :)

Why would he not have organic webbing..he was bit by a radioactive spider..that's what happens when you're bit by radioactive spiders..you obtain the ability to squirt web out of your wrists..

But now he has to be like Batman and make all this high-tech crap..so effing annoying.

Why would he not have organic webbing..he was bit by a radioactive spider..that's what happens when you're bit by radioactive spiders..you obtain the ability to squirt web out of your wrists..

But now he has to be like Batman and make all this high-tech crap..so effing annoying.

I'm not a comic fan but even I can tell making his own webbing is better then organic.

Now they won't have to come up with an ultra lame excuse like puberty or impotance for him to run out of web at a key moment. I mean he would even shoot it by accident in Raimi's, could Sam have made more of a young man's ____ joke..

LOL OMG

I'm not getting into it again.. Read the comics.

He originally had them in the comics, right?
I don't care which one you guys prefer..I've just always thought of Spiderman being the super hero who didn't need anything extra. That's one thing I liked about him.

Thor = hammer, Ironman = high-tech battle suit, Batman = suit and tons of gadgets, Green Lantern = ring

I like all of them too, but Idunno..the thought of organic webbing just appeals to me more.

So? Michael Bay has given more to the culture then both of those ____s. But that doesn't mean ____ all. Raimi = the man.

Bay = the Demolition man. :yess:

I'm sorry CP but what?

I'll give a little credit to Raimi but Bay? What has he given culture? A couple 13 year old's stiffies and Pearl Harbor? :lol

I'm not a comic fan but even I can tell making his own webbing is better then organic.

Now they won't have to come up with an ultra lame excuse like puberty or impotance for him to run out of web at a key moment. I mean he would even shoot it by accident in Raimi's, could Sam have made more of a young man's ____ joke..

Yea, now they can have lame excuses such as happening to run out at an invonvenient time.

Why exactly is organic webbing worse? He's a man with spider powers. Webs seem like a natural extension of that.

It always bothered me in the cartoons and comics that Peter/his dad just happened to be a revolutionary inventor in the one super specific area of science that by coincidence would fit perfectly with Peter randomly gaining the powers of a spider.

Running out and having to take a second to reload is more believable then a guy that can soar over the city, fight monster aliens, but be too afraid to have sex and thus lose his power.

Running out and having to take a second to reload is more believable then a guy that can soar over the city, fight monster aliens, but be too afraid to have sex and thus lose his power.

This is Spider-Man, not Superman Deckard.

Superman wasn't afraid, he had to lose his power or he would have popped Lois' head off like a rolled up tube of toothpaste. :lol

After watching this for the umpteenth time. It's really apparent what kind of Mangina Raimi's Spider-Man and PP was.

Hopefully we see no tears in this movie. And while it's great to care about your GF, seeing you being _____-whipped for an entire trilogy gets old.

Also the humor and quick remarks of Raimi's SM (few there were) made him seem just like a snot-nosed spoiled kid. Instead of being intelligently timed and having actual smart/funny humor.

Don't get all butt-hurt now, this is just my opinion.

[ame]https://youtu.be/5v2E4J_CcWs[/ame]

Bet you weren't saying or thinking that crap in 2002, or 2004, or even early 2007.

I'm actually more open to the Amazing Spider-Man then I was when it was first announced, but this crap against the older films is nonsense. A couple of clips and it's instantly considered inferior and everyone is trashing on em. "WEBSHOOTERS ARE BETTER", "OMG, HE'S WISECRACKIN".

They'll probably go too far with it, like 100 times that clip. The exact opposite of the few quips in the original films.

Last edited:
Back