The Amazing Spider Man 2 (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not surprising, the only thing Spiderman related this director seems to have gotten right is the suit which was pretty much a result of a backlash from Spiderman fans. Haven't seen anything villain related to get excited about yet, which is pretty sad considering the rogues gallery of names being thrown around for this movie.

Maybe the plan all along has been to beat Bay to the punch with a live-action Swoop before TF4 hits? :huh

i48780624_78264_7.gif

HAHAHA :rotfl :rotfl

I really wish Rhino did that

Not surprising, the only thing Spiderman related this director seems to have gotten right is the suit which was pretty much a result of a backlash from Spiderman fans. Haven't seen anything villain related to get excited about yet, which is pretty sad considering the rogues gallery of names being thrown around for this movie.

Yea aside from batman spidey has the best villains I can give two ***** about those new villains in AMS2 at this point we will never get a great spiderman film.

https://www.superherohype.com/news/...g-spider-man-4-talks-spidey-universe#/slide/1

Marc Webb, who directed The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and will return to the director's chair for The Amazing Spider-Man 3 (June 10, 2016), says someone else will have to step in for the fourth installment, which Sony Pictures already has scheduled for a May 4, 2018 release.

Talking to The Daily Beast, Webb said that three films will be it for him.

"I'd like to be involved as a consultant," he said about the fourth film, "and I've already talked to these guys about it, but in terms of directing it, that will close out my tenure. I've had so much fun doing it, but after the third movie, it'll be the time to find something else."

The third and fourth Spidey movies are not the only projects in the works at Sony, of course, as Venom and The Sinister Six spin-offs are also in development.

"We're building out a more complicated Spider-Man universe with characters that people haven't seen in other Spider-Man movies—The Sinister Six, Venom, and more. We'd all love to overlap with other studios, but it's beyond my pay grade," he said.

First up is The Amazing Spider-Man, which starts opening internationally on April 16 and swings into North America on May 2.

i'm not surprised Webb doesn't want to do anything beyond movie three. I can see spider-man being a very hard franchise to commit yourself to seeing how sony seems to micro manage the films and I'm sure that gets to a director. He probably wants to get out before they Raimi him and reboot again. Which by the sounds of it, is probably what will happen as I think I remember hearing that Garfield isn't contracted beyond film three and doesn't know if he'll do more than that. Well I wouldn't mind a third franchise and hopefully they can actually make a whole series that's on par with Spider-man 2 and have villains that actually look, you know like they do in the comics lol

Webb has a good relationship with Sony. I can't think of any Directors who have stayed on past a third film in a CBM franchise.

If I recall correctly only Raimi and Nolan are the directors to make it to Three, with Webb & Singer up next.

Yea aside from batman spidey has the best villains I can give two ***** about those new villains in AMS2 at this point we will never get a great spiderman film.

Already had some ;)

Last edited:
Webb has a good relationship with Sony. I can't think of any Directors who have stayed on past a third film in a CBM franchise.

If I recall correctly only Raimi and Nolan are the directors to make it to Three, with Webb & Singer up next.

Already had some ;)

Even in Non comic films only Speildberg, Lucas, and Peter Jackson have made more than three films in a franchise. I'm cool with Webb not doing more than three as I'm not to into what he's doing, it's ok but nothing great so far. Maybe a new director will freshen things up IF the cast comes back for a 4th film.

Glen did a metric **** ton of Bond movies, right? He directed for a couple Bonds at least

1234318_470519563047857_1032539699_n.jpg

You can say whatever the hell you want about the villains but the suit is sexy as hell.

Back