The Amazing Spider Man 2 (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gonna be sad to see Webb set up villains that he won't get to use. I heard somewhere that his favourite is Mysterio, would be great if he got to adapt him

Maybe they can get Sam raimii to direct the fourth movie and the world will begin to shine again!!!! No but seriously I wonder what the hell they'll do with this sinister six movie? I mean a movie all about spiderman villains without spidey is just abit odd to me. Without spiderman in the movie what would there motives be? They assembled by doc ock to kill spiderman.

Maybe they can get Sam raimii to direct the fourth movie and the world will begin to shine again!!!! No but seriously I wonder what the hell they'll do with this sinister six movie? I mean a movie all about spiderman villains without spidey is just abit odd to me. Without spiderman in the movie what would there motives be? They assembled by doc ock to kill spiderman.

Yeah I'll find it strange if it doesn't have Spidey.

Looks like Spidey is about to get his nads toasted.
Mmmm, toasted nads.

wGIPYL7.jpg

Even in Non comic films only Speildberg, Lucas, and Peter Jackson have made more than three films in a franchise. I'm cool with Webb not doing more than three as I'm not to into what he's doing, it's ok but nothing great so far. Maybe a new director will freshen things up IF the cast comes back for a 4th film.
You forgot the most obvious one--the same directors did all three Toxic Avenger movies.

If anyone is wondering why there is a contingent of spidey fans who seem less than enthusiastic about these new amazing spiderman films, theres a reason why.

Go on youtube, and do a search for Captain America the winter soldier. Today they released a thirty min press conference the cast and crew held at a beverly hilton hotel. Right around the 18:00 mark, a reporter asks Kevin Feige about his influence on the spidey and wolverine films that belongs to other studios. Feige goes on to give a polite response, but pretty much saying his influence is limited and these studios are holding the characters hostage. (Although legally these other studios still have ownership). Anthony Mackie goes off the cuff and says "He (Kevin Feige) is too busy making better ****ing films", and that gets a nice laugh from the room. Even look at the cast and crew's faces when the topic is brought up, there basically rolling their eyes at the topic.

I think the heart and soul of spidey and the xmen no longer reside at Fox and Sony. In lamest terms, they have a nice cash cow and there gunna pump that cow for all she's worth. But to be fair I thought First class was good, and Days of future class looks promising.

But yea, once Fox and Sony is done pumping spidey and done pumping xmen there going to kill the franchise. Once the rights go back to disney/marvel, people will just be tired and ignore any spidey and wolverine films marvel/disney will try to make.

Amazing spiderman 2 has the fancy effects and sounds, but the soul of the character is pretty much gone ever since the studio hijacked spiderman 3.

Anyways, all just my opinion, if you enjoy these new spidey films more power to you, its your own movie going experience and your entitled to enjoy it however you like.

What's the problem? Sony and Fox nabbed the rights to Spidey and X-Men to make money. And they are doing just that. :dunno

If anyone is wondering why there is a contingent of spidey fans who seem less than enthusiastic about these new amazing spiderman films, theres a reason why.

Go on youtube, and do a search for Captain America the winter soldier. Today they released a thirty min press conference the cast and crew held at a beverly hilton hotel. Right around the 18:00 mark, a reporter asks Kevin Feige about his influence on the spidey and wolverine films that belongs to other studios. Feige goes on to give a polite response, but pretty much saying his influence is limited and these studios are holding the characters hostage. (Although legally these other studios still have ownership). Anthony Mackie goes off the cuff and says "He (Kevin Feige) is too busy making better ****ing films", and that gets a nice laugh from the room. Even look at the cast and crew's faces when the topic is brought up, there basically rolling their eyes at the topic.

I think the heart and soul of spidey and the xmen no longer reside at Fox and Sony. In lamest terms, they have a nice cash cow and there gunna pump that cow for all she's worth. But to be fair I thought First class was good, and Days of future class looks promising.

But yea, once Fox and Sony is done pumping spidey and done pumping xmen there going to kill the franchise. Once the rights go back to disney/marvel, people will just be tired and ignore any spidey and wolverine films marvel/disney will try to make.

Amazing spiderman 2 has the fancy effects and sounds, but the soul of the character is pretty much gone ever since the studio hijacked spiderman 3.

Anyways, all just my opinion, if you enjoy these new spidey films more power to you, its your own movie going experience and your entitled to enjoy it however you like.

I agree and disagree with this but you bring up excellent points.

I think both Sony and Fox at one point DID let go of the heart & soul of Spidey and X-Men and allowed them to be meddled with and quality go downhill. This was because #1 They could get away with it and still rake in cash. #2 Marvel hadn't made their own movie studio just yet...

Spidey 3 and X-Men: The Last Stand are the clear examples. Obviously, if the studios didn't really care so much about the characters and the quality than we wouldn't have had such fantastic outings like in X2: X-Men United and Spider-man 2. That is my opinion but share what you would. Fox actually dented their own franchise again by doing the terrible X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Then suddenly Marvel Studios showed up and released Iron Man, then Iron Man 2, then redid Incredible Hulk and suddenly...Marvel with its OWN movie studio, who before had to be at the whim of OTHER movie studios, was a THREAT to the movie studios that had licensed their characters long ago.

It actually lit a fire under Fox's and Sony's asses. They realized if they didn't do SOMETHING, SOMEWHAT RIGHT...that they would lose their rights and Marvel Studios would blow it out of the park. Do you blame them for holding the characters "hostage"? In some strange way, Marvel is competing against itself, with them as the overall winners in it. But if anything, Sony rebooted Spidey and Fox has tried to straighten up X-Men and is getting fans excited again with the upcoming outing, Days of Future Past.

I enjoyed Amazing Spider-man and felt it was damn good and better at some parts about Spidey than Raimi (and in contrast, Raimi did some parts better than Webb & Co.). I don't think it's fair to completely say the "soul" isn't there because the "soul" of Spider-man is what he means to each and every one of his fans, and that's DIFFERENT for each of us. There are core elements that I feel need to be made, but anything else is a matter of perception. And it can be extremely difficult to capture the "soul" of a character with 50+ years of comic history to EVERYONE'S satisfaction.

I've heard the "hostage" thing before. Makes no sense to me.

To keep something hostage means you took it by force and held it for ransom locked away. They didn't take X-Men, Spider-Man and so, they bought what was up for sale, and since buying them they've used them not kept them locked away.

I've heard the "hostage" thing before. Makes no sense to me.

To keep something hostage means you took it by force and held it for ransom locked away. They didn't take X-Men, Spider-Man and so, they bought what was up for sale, and since buying them they've used them not kept them locked away.

While I don't think the "hostage" aspect fits 100%, keeping something/someone long after they should've been set free, also fits.

Not returning the license to its original owner by doing crappy movies is pretty much keeping it hostage.

Being a hostage implies that the person holding them wants something, in exchange for which they would free the hostage. I don't know what that would be, so I don't think the analogy goes very far.

Back