The Amazing Spider Man 2 (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking forward to how they wrap up the viral. So far, it's been less than exciting, IMO. It definitely hasn't come anywhere near the first campaign.

These latest posters look like they could be from post 2007 for a possible Spider-Man 4 film. All it needs is a Vulture in there somewhere.

If anyone is wondering why there is a contingent of spidey fans who seem less than enthusiastic about these new amazing spiderman films, theres a reason why.

Go on youtube, and do a search for Captain America the winter soldier. Today they released a thirty min press conference the cast and crew held at a beverly hilton hotel. Right around the 18:00 mark, a reporter asks Kevin Feige about his influence on the spidey and wolverine films that belongs to other studios. Feige goes on to give a polite response, but pretty much saying his influence is limited and these studios are holding the characters hostage. (Although legally these other studios still have ownership). Anthony Mackie goes off the cuff and says "He (Kevin Feige) is too busy making better ****ing films", and that gets a nice laugh from the room. Even look at the cast and crew's faces when the topic is brought up, there basically rolling their eyes at the topic.

I think the heart and soul of spidey and the xmen no longer reside at Fox and Sony. In lamest terms, they have a nice cash cow and there gunna pump that cow for all she's worth. But to be fair I thought First class was good, and Days of future class looks promising.

But yea, once Fox and Sony is done pumping spidey and done pumping xmen there going to kill the franchise. Once the rights go back to disney/marvel, people will just be tired and ignore any spidey and wolverine films marvel/disney will try to make.

Amazing spiderman 2 has the fancy effects and sounds, but the soul of the character is pretty much gone ever since the studio hijacked spiderman 3.

Anyways, all just my opinion, if you enjoy these new spidey films more power to you, its your own movie going experience and your entitled to enjoy it however you like.

Gotta love Anthony Mackie lol

And I feel that about Fox in general, with X-Men and The FF they just keep butchering them. I haven't made my mind up for Spidey yet, it seems they're trying.

If anyone is wondering why there is a contingent of spidey fans who seem less than enthusiastic about these new amazing spiderman films, theres a reason why.

Go on youtube, and do a search for Captain America the winter soldier. Today they released a thirty min press conference the cast and crew held at a beverly hilton hotel. Right around the 18:00 mark, a reporter asks Kevin Feige about his influence on the spidey and wolverine films that belongs to other studios. Feige goes on to give a polite response, but pretty much saying his influence is limited and these studios are holding the characters hostage. (Although legally these other studios still have ownership). Anthony Mackie goes off the cuff and says "He (Kevin Feige) is too busy making better ****ing films", and that gets a nice laugh from the room. Even look at the cast and crew's faces when the topic is brought up, there basically rolling their eyes at the topic.

I think the heart and soul of spidey and the xmen no longer reside at Fox and Sony. In lamest terms, they have a nice cash cow and there gunna pump that cow for all she's worth. But to be fair I thought First class was good, and Days of future class looks promising.

But yea, once Fox and Sony is done pumping spidey and done pumping xmen there going to kill the franchise. Once the rights go back to disney/marvel, people will just be tired and ignore any spidey and wolverine films marvel/disney will try to make.

Amazing spiderman 2 has the fancy effects and sounds, but the soul of the character is pretty much gone ever since the studio hijacked spiderman 3.

Anyways, all just my opinion, if you enjoy these new spidey films more power to you, its your own movie going experience and your entitled to enjoy it however you like.

Nah if spidey were to go back to marvel he'd be a hit just like he's always been. I think don't is doing fine. People for some reason think marvel can do know wrong now. Im3 was decent,Thor was ok and captain America bored me to tears. I guess it's all a matter of opnion.

Btw the soul of the character is there. He is comedic like the comics and feels like spiderman. People just want him to be part of the universe so they'll say anything. His personality and what makes him spiderman is all there.

Last edited:
Add Donner for the Leathal Weapon films. :lecture

yes! what great movies, guess I didn't think of some of the other directors, but what some of those guys had what Webb won't get is to do other movies in between. As much as I love Spider-man, I'm not sure I could dedicate 10+ years to only making spider-man films if I were a working director, I think you need a certain recharge period.

Anyways do you guys think sony will actually get the spin off movies off the ground? I really don't think they'll happen, way to expensive for such films, even if a Venom movie could be cool.

Btw the soul of the character is there. He is comedic like the comics and feels like spiderman. People just want him to be part of the universe so they'll say anything. His personality and what makes him spiderman is all there.

:exactly:

That guy just admitted it's not even about the movie it's just about the studio.

but it really looks like the secret identity of Spidey is this guy

:lol :goodpost:

They really messed up with that poster

yes! what great movies, guess I didn't think of some of the other directors, but what some of those guys had what Webb won't get is to do other movies in between. As much as I love Spider-man, I'm not sure I could dedicate 10+ years to only making spider-man films if I were a working director, I think you need a certain recharge period.

Anyways do you guys think sony will actually get the spin off movies off the ground? I really don't think they'll happen, way to expensive for such films, even if a Venom movie could be cool.

If ASM2 is successful, I can see them expediting the other films. If it's not, there's still a chance, but they could suffer development hell.

Back