The Amazing Spider Man 2 (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Russo Bros. Offered To Produce Sony's SPIDER-MAN Films; Will Direct INFINITY WAR

https://cdnbakmi.kaltura.com/p/1151...a/version/100002/acv/212/width/648/height/398
The real juicy stuff are from the discussions between Sony Entertainment Chairman Amy Pascal and the Captain America: The Winter Soldier directors Anthony and Joe Russo that took place last month. The Russo brothers begin their email to Pascal with, "A pity that negotiations with Marvel did not work." They're referring to the proposed deal with Marvel Studios that would have brought Spider-Man into the Marvel cinematic universe by giving him a cameo in Captain America: Civil War. They then let Pascal know that they will be directing Marvel's Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 and Part 2, but that obligation won't prevent them from directing The Gray Man beforehand for Sony. Then on November 17, Joe Russo sent Pascal an email offering to have him and his brother produce Sony's Spider-Man films through their newly-formed production company, Bullitt. He acknowledges that a "difficult conversation" would have to take place with current Spider-Man producers Matt Tolmach and Avi Arad, but Russo says it would be a "conversation worth having." As far as overtice.com knows, Pascal never replied to Russo's offer. Keep in mind, Sony's computer system was shutdown just a week after Russo sent that email, so Pascal very well could have by now.

Brazilian website, overtice.com, came across some other great tidbits. In previous emails, Pascal begged Sam Raimi to help her with Spidey but in another email she tells a Sony exec that she doesn't need his help because he went "Joel Schumacher on the third." I'm sure Raimi won't like being compared to the Batman & Robin director. In a separate email, Avi Arad begs Pascal to give him the green light on a Venom movie because the toys and video games based on the character are popular. Lastly, Motion Picture Group President Jeff Robinov warns Pascal not to make a deal with Marvel, but you have to question his advice as he still thinks Stan Lee can create more characters in the Spider-Man universe for Sony. Check out all of those emails by clicking here.

I would rather avoid reading anything about those e-mails at all, no matter how "juicy" the information. It's a blatant invasion of privacy, analogous in some ways to the leaked nude pictures of Jennifer Lawrence. I wouldn't want people reading and discussing my private conversations if some ****** bag hacked into my e-mail.

I wish I could avoid these emails, but like the fappening, it's just way too hard to resist looking at them, based on this leak itself we now know the Russos are going to direct Infinity War.

I would rather avoid reading anything about those e-mails at all, no matter how "juicy" the information. It's a blatant invasion of privacy, analogous in some ways to the leaked nude pictures of Jennifer Lawrence. I wouldn't want people reading and discussing my private conversations if some ****** bag hacked into my e-mail.

Yeah to me, it is bogus; but that's what happens on the Internet anyway. Especially for high corporate companies.

People just need to be more careful.

That doesn't make sense. Arad wouldn't want to do Venom for the toys since he wouldn't get any of the money from that Marvel would

I think he meant with such a popularity, it proves they should do a movie on him. As well as the ignorant ideal, that if people buy those toys; they will want to see the film. Yeah it took me a second to think what he meant.

I think it means that Arad believes the movie could be a hit based on how popular the character is in other mediums.

Maybe Sony can make a deal for Spider-Man to appear in Batman vs Superman?

How awesome would that be? A big FU to Marvel Studios and a possible chance to see Spidey snap some necks....other than Gwen's........

How awesome would that be? A big FU to Marvel Studios and a possible chance to see Spidey snap some necks....other than Gwen's........
That would be pretty awesome just because it would be so out of left field. However, I wonder if we would even notice him with the 15,000 other characters being shoehorned into that movie?

That'd be hilarious. WB should just say "eff it" and combine all their characters that they do have rights to to make their own super shared universe. Have Superman, Batman, Harry Potter, Neo, and Gandalf team up against Smaug, Brainiac and Professor Snape.

That's the kind of thing he would do, too. Cavill Supes is much more of a killer than Jackman Wolvie is, which is extremely bizarre.

It's really funny when you break down all the movies that have other characters that are surprisingly more heroic than Hopeman. Rocket Raccoon, Wolverine, Godzilla 2014, Mystique, hell even Martin Riggs didn't snap the bad guy's neck when he had him dead to rights (yes he and Murtaugh shot him moments later but that is what a cop is SUPPOSED to do when a murderous bad guy aims a pistol at a crowd.)

I don't think Superman would have killed the criminal in that instance. He would tie a metal post around him until the cops arrived. . .and then use his heat vision to incinerate the entire crowd of onlookers. He would give a little smile and nod to the criminal, then fly away.

:lol :lol :lol

Didn't Clark destroy the rude trucker's semi by impaling it on telephone poles? How many innocent people were cut off from the world because of Superman's destructive temper?

I think it would have been cool if MOS ended with Superman not only snapping Zod's neck but inadvertently ripping his head off. Then while holding the dripping head he could have let out his big scream/roar. Then as he slowly exited the building, head in hand, they could cut to news footage of him with the caption, "King of the Monsters, Savior of....????????"

Last edited:
Back