The Amazing Spider Man 2 (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully it's not. We've gotten Spiderman on his own for years now.

Got to agree, I would love to see cross overs with spiderman into the marvel movies. Spidey is the heart of marvel and needs to be involved more, he was in most of the major story lines, infinity gauntlet included which is where these films are all leading, but also civil war, original sin, secret wars and many more:lecture

Shelf it or recast/reboot by giving the character to Marvel Studios. Sony had their chance.

Shelf it or recast/reboot by giving the character to Marvel Studios. Sony had their chance.
:goodpost: :lecture

ASM was anything but good SM-movie and ASM2 was anything but a good movie in general.
Bring it back to those who can use it properly and unleash full potential of the characters.

Will Spider-Man join the Avengers on screen? That's a tangled web ... | Inside Movies | EW.com

In response to the latest widely-spread rumor that Sony Pictures is negotiating with Marvel/Disney for Spider-Man to somehow join the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Entertainment Weekly reached out to sources from within both camps to confirm if the crossover could actually happen in the near future, but got a solid "No." However, "official reps for both studios both declined to comment." However, EW's "well-placed" sources reckon that Spider-Man could indeed link up with the likes of Iron Man or Captain America "in a few years from now," and that's not all. The site drops some other "facts," or case scenarios, about how the crossover could occur, again according to its "several" sources. First up, the site notes that "Sony isn’t interested in sharing its Spider-Man," especially since the studio has already lost both Ghost Rider's and Daredevil's character rights to the Disney-owned Marvel. And while the Andrew Garfield-starring Amazing Spider-Man franchise may seem to be in shambles, EW then reassures that "Sinister Six is definitely happening," which we all know given its 2016 release date. However, if the supervillain team-up movie happens to flop at the box office, "only then would any deep negotiations be had about" Spider-Man potentially joining Earth's Mightiest Heroes on the big-screen. Furthermore, Entertainment Weekly suggests that Marvel Studios does want the Webhead, but certainly does not need him. After all, the studio will be introducing many new character with the Phase Three expansion of the the shared universe. Last but not least, EW's sources suggest that if Sinister Six does indeed flob in 2016, and Sony decides to allow Spidey's rights to revert back to Marvel Studios, we still should not expect a full-blown solo reboot. Instead, the character will most likely become a "supporting player in one of the movies already in the works." What do you think?
Read more at How the Rumored SPIDER-MAN/AVENGERS Crossover Might Play Out...

Spidey’s fate depends on S6, if the movie flops Spidey has a chance at going back to Marvel, I can see S6 replacing the new FF movie as the most wanted to fail superhero title :lol

Agreed.

I hope it happens and I also hope that Garfield returns as Spidey.

:goodpost: I like Garfield, I don't blame his work in the films as the reason they've been average.....story line, lack of good villian's been my issue with first two films. I though Garfield performance was above average especially in ASM2

:goodpost: I like Garfield, I don't blame his work in the films as the reason they've been average.....story line, lack of good villian's been my issue with first two films. I though Garfield performance was above average especially in ASM2

Agreed on both comments and the lack of good villain development was evident IMO. :duff

I love Garfield's Spidey, but his Parker. . .I think he's a good actor, but that's no Peter Parker that I'm familiar with.

I thought his acting as Peter Parker was good but I understand what you're saying.

Keep the current suit, keep Garfield, make one damn good story about Spidey and ONE villain, make it a compelling story rather than a OMG look at all this OSCORP shiny, bring Simmons in as JJ, get back to the basics, back to what Spidey should be, his relationships and struggle with his family balanced with work (JJ) balanced with trying to be a superhero, cameo him in Avengers and let Sony in return get a cameo...Profit

Or...just let Marvel get him back. :lol

Keep the current suit, keep Garfield, make one damn good story about Spidey and ONE villain, make it a compelling story rather than a OMG look at all this OSCORP shiny, bring Simmons in as JJ, get back to the basics, back to what Spidey should be, his relationships and struggle with his family balanced with work (JJ) balanced with trying to be a superhero, cameo him in Avengers and let Sony in return get a cameo...Profit

Or...just let Marvel get him back. :lol

:lecture :goodpost:

Garfield needs to trim that dumb hairstyle down before he thinks about playing spiderman again. Tame that mess or GTFO
3361%2520-%2520dolph_ziggler%2520gif%2520money_in_the_bank%2  520tensai%2520wwe.gif

ax188-7fc0-9jpg-f0574d6f8cb30aba.jpg

tensaithrowing.gif

Keep the current suit, keep Garfield, make one damn good story about Spidey and ONE villain, make it a compelling story rather than a OMG look at all this OSCORP shiny, bring Simmons in as JJ, get back to the basics, back to what Spidey should be, his relationships and struggle with his family balanced with work (JJ) balanced with trying to be a superhero.

:exactly:

I hope they ditch this whole continuity. Both movies were lame and whoever plays the role will always have loyal fans even if they're not that good, Garfield included.

Back